Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Dealing with Parental Units Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gingerbread . Coffin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 6:59 pm
TeaDidikai
And you know 100% of the story, do you?

By the way, working a minimum wage job with two kids is not the worst thing in the world, and for all you know, she could have ended up far worse had she stayed.
She was my best friend. I was at her house more than I was at mine. They actually got a bed for me.
Her mom let her read her books, celebrate, pray, wear her pentacle, and pretty much gave her the freedom see wanted to practice her religion. But her mom recognized that she was young and took her to church with her, not to supress her, but to keep her options open. I remember her mom even taking us to the Hindu temple up in Atlanta.

5 days out of the week, I spent the night at their house. And the two days I wasn't, she was at mine. I know the story probably better than you think.

She regrets it. Heavily. I cannot 100% guarentee that her life would've been better if she'd stayed at home, but I can't see it as being any worse.
TeaDidikai
Bottom line- It's NOT RIGHT for EVERYONE, but you aren't the one who sets policy for 100% of the minors in the world.

It saved my life. I would not be typing this today had I not left home when I did, and you are painting with too broad a brush.
Never claimed to. Did I? Must've missed it.

More power to you for getting out of where it was dangerous.
Quote:
Which I addressed. It sucks, I never said it didn't. However, if your sister needed to do it for her own health, while you are entitled to feel hurt, it's arrogent to condemn me for even suggesting it just because you didn't have a pleasent experience.
It seemed like too light of a suggestion, and I will apologize for making that assumption.
Quote:
Which means you have a biased sample. Just because you don't know about it, doesn't mean it isn't happening.
Stating the average teenager isn't getting the s**t beaten out of them, yet there are people getting the s**t beaten out of them, makes for a biased statement?
Quote:
And you know what? I don't care if some angst-muffin seeks emancipation and ignores 99% of the warnings I issued on the subject. It's their life and if they actually are emancipated- then they live with it. It's not your job or my job to shelter them from a legit option because of personal bias.
In no way am I saying the whole emancipation is a crock, but is it really legitimate when there's little actual backing for it on their part?
Quote:
Stop acting like you have a Psych degree, a Social Health degree and years of feild work.
How does having an opinion on it translate to me "acting"?
Quote:
Because it is NONE of your buisness.
You don't have to make it personal. Non-personal examples would've been fine.
Quote:
You're putting words in my mouth. Kindly stop it.
As to you, deary... neutral  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 7:20 pm
Gingerbread . Coffin
She was my best friend. I was at her house more than I was at mine. They actually got a bed for me.
Her mom let her read her books, celebrate, pray, wear her pentacle, and pretty much gave her the freedom see wanted to practice her religion. But her mom recognized that she was young and took her to church with her, not to supress her, but to keep her options open. I remember her mom even taking us to the Hindu temple up in Atlanta.

5 days out of the week, I spent the night at their house. And the two days I wasn't, she was at mine. I know the story probably better than you think.

She regrets it. Heavily. I cannot 100% guarentee that her life would've been better if she'd stayed at home, but I can't see it as being any worse.
Argument from ignorance? And how old is she? Is there a promise she will feel the same way in 10 years? Being on your own is hard, and it comes with the "All Grown Up" Blues. Sometimes they last forever, sometimes they don't.

Quote:
Never claimed to. Did I? Must've missed it.
Check the part when you suggest it is bad that I even suggest such a thing exists.

Quote:
It seemed like too light of a suggestion, and I will apologize for making that assumption.
Might well have been. If the pre-reqs involved doesn't scare someone off, and they are able to meet them (note, most states require counsiling prior to the Social Worker's signing off on it) then it's their life. They can make mistakes or good discisions as they see fit.

Quote:
Stating the average teenager isn't getting the s**t beaten out of them, yet there are people getting the s**t beaten out of them, makes for a biased statement?
Stating that it is your limited knowledge of the individuals who live where you live makes it a biased SAMPLE. Not a Biased Statment. There's a difference. Please note that 1/3 of the female population and 1/5 of the male population will experience some form of sexual abuse before the age of 18, that the majority of it is done by members of the family. That's over a sixth of the human population in the USA. I'd say that makes it average.

Quote:
In no way am I saying the whole emancipation is a crock, but is it really legitimate when there's little actual backing for it on their part?
Yes. It is.

Quote:
How does having an opinion on it translate to me "acting"?
In so much as you say to even suggest that there is a legal alternitive to putting up with treatment you disagree with is a bad thing- that's acting like you know more about the situation than you do. Situation, let alone the argument before you.
Quote:
As to you, deary... neutral
Be kind enough not to call me Deary.  

TeaDidikai

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items