Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian British Guild

Back to Guilds

A haven for British Gaians, and those sympathetic to their peculiar ways! 

Tags: britain, british, United Kingdom, english, england 

Reply Gaian British Guild
The New Guy Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Masada

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 8:41 am
Rev.Matt
Foetus In Fetu

The British have culture now?

Sure we do. British culture is driving your German car to an Irish pub for a Belgian beer, followed by an Indian curry or Turkish kebab. When we finally get home we sit on our Swedish furniture and watch American shows on our Japanese TVs.

I love being British. xd

We're such a mongrel nation blaugh  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 8:50 am
Lady of Spain
I think it's rather unfair to say that the media pin the country's problems on immigration.

What is we narrow it to the tabloids? That works quite well, and they do have a strong invluence on the masses.

Iff such a mass can be said to exist anymore.

Invictus_88
Captain

Masada

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 8:54 am
Invictus_88
Lady of Spain
I think it's rather unfair to say that the media pin the country's problems on immigration.

What is we narrow it to the tabloids? That works quite well, and they do have a strong invluence on the masses.

Iff such a mass can be said to exist anymore.

I have learnt to never belive what the tabloids say. Cause most of it is utter bollocks. I only read The Sun for the sports news and results.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 9:16 am
Again, I think people are rather unfair on "the tabloids" and label them as one. While it is true that tabloid reporting tends to be sensationalist and often biased, it's not nearly as bad as people make it out to be. People tend to make jokes about The Sun and suchlike, and it tends to be that they've only ever looked at the newspaper in question a couple of times.  

Boolean Julian
Crew

Invictus_88
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 9:59 am
I laugh about The Sun, and I read it every weekday of the last two terms of upper sixth.

Well, I don't laugh at it, but I see how it often carries an anti-foreign bias.

Gaian British Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff