` How do you fall asleep? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Owl_Sister

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 4:31 am
Onyx_Muffin
I usually start a dream..well it's not really a dream because you're awake..
But I close my eyes and think of something that I would like to happen or just make something up based on a show or book you've seen/read recently..
It usually calms me down and helps me think of happy things to prevent nightmares. I usually fall asleep right away when I do that!(:

o 3o

Agree 3nodding

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 7:24 am
Well, you should turn your phone off at night.
Or at least on silent, so it can't distract you.
If the TV helps you sleep, then leave it on.
Tell your sister to hush,
and maybe write down any ideas you get before you go to sleep. O:
Usually,
for me to get to sleep,
I play out little stories in my head. Like,
it's going to see really stupid,
but I make up a character, and throw them into my favorite anime, book, tv show, movie, whatever.
Then I play out the character's story. Usually, I do that every night until I finish it, and then start over again, 'cause I only get so far before I pass out. xD

alienli

Friendly Tipper

Banshee Cupcake

Magical Wife

20,790 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 8:31 am
my pillow pet ain't floofy no more.....i wanna refund XD but again try getting a pillow pet they fluffy OwO  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:56 pm
Good gracious girl, turn off that phone! Don't let your sleep time be interrupted by the possibility of someone calling you or getting distracted! xD

Also, I agree with Owl_Sister and Onyx_Muffin. Just make up a scenario in your head that you'd like to happen. You and your crush stranded on an island, for instance. Once you've come up with one, you can go back to it and sometimes your brain gets bored with it and making yourself think of it makes you go to sleep. xD If it's really boring, make up a new one. Hope that helps, and good luck sleepin'! : D

Hersheydudette

diannatea

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:36 am
i stare at my ceiling and try to make a shape out of the patterns on the roof, xD
but i get distracted by the tv or laptop ):

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:55 pm
I'm pretty sure this only works for me, but what I do is sing (Corny much?) and then flop on the bed.  

Spyros Girlfriend

3,100 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200

Stormgem

Tipsy Streaker

10,250 Points
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 11:57 pm
Get wrid of the phone and sister.
Ok. JK. Just get wrid of the phone....
Turn the phone off!!! I have the same Anime addiction, but I have 1 night a week (Friday) where I can watch it late - otherwise I go crazy and watch it pretty much 24/7. As for the sister...I have a young brother who sleep walks and sleep talks. Shut your door and invest in some ear plugs...thats about all the advice I can offer on that.

Personally I read untill I nodd off. I also go for a run just before dinner - I dunno if this is an option for you, but it really does help. By the time dinner finished and homework is done, I'm shattered. I also listen to the radio - it's always on from 9pm- 6.45am in my room, but I can't hear this if my brother's going through one of his sleep missions...haha. Earplugs are wonderful. If only someone invented comfortable sleeping headphones...then I could listen to my i-Pod and sleep.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 6:29 am
I pinch my leg.
Don't ask.

Imarek

Vanna1994

Rainbow Hunter

30,075 Points
  • Champion Cardholder 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Threadmaster 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:46 am
I lie down facing the wall, I close my eyes and start day dreaming for a bit. After a little while I flip to my other side, and its not long before I fall asleep XD  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:31 pm
Onyx_Muffin
I usually start a dream..well it's not really a dream because you're awake..
But I close my eyes and think of something that I would like to happen or just make something up based on a show or book you've seen/read recently..
It usually calms me down and helps me think of happy things to prevent nightmares. I usually fall asleep right away when I do that!(:

o 3o

Haha, I used to do that a long time ago - and yeah; I'd fall asleep soon after, as well. <3  

DustyOleDolly

4,200 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200

bellsofblue

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:31 pm
I try to read a chapter of something for fun about an hour before I go to "sleep"
I listen to meditation music for the last fifteen minutes or so that I'm "awake" when I'm getting ready for bed
I turn off all the lights, and turn off everything in my room / put everything on vibrate.
When I actually get into bed, I try and focus on one day dream. I make up ridiculously happy only-in-my-dreams stories that I focus on until I fall asleep. I literally just there with my eyes closed and follow the story in my head until I fall asleep.
Sometimes I take melatonin, but that's only really when my sleeping pattern is completely messed up.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:19 am
I draw and draw till I get sleepy, but if that doesnt work. I drink milk biggrin and think random things and think what will I do tomorrow so I get excited then there goes me asleep.  

xjewiex

Ramiele

Sparkly Explorer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:25 pm
I turn down all the lights and have the tv on. Background noise helps me fall asleep. I usually play zOMG and DDR, then a long bath before bed.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:48 pm
I don't.

Seriously, I have insomnia and it's hard for me to fall asleep.

Regina Cordium

Friendly Mage

.Vindicated.Of.Sanity.

8,850 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 2:56 pm
I meditate, never eat anything after 6 or 7 or so, drink lots of water, and make sure I don't oversleep or sleep late the night before if I have to get up early.

Meditation; just helps to keep the noise and clutter in my mind down when I'm trying to go to sleep. I do this really easy colour one, but there are tons out there.
The one I do is pretty simple, you start at the top of the rainbow and with the number 7. Just concentrate on the colour red and 7, in any way that works for you (I usually focus on the image of a red 7, or 7 on a red background, etc.) Think only of the colour and number, nothing else. Empty your mind of all other thoughts. After a little bit, you can continue on with orange and 6, then yellow and 5, etc. By the time you get to violet and 1, you should feel a lot more centred and mentally calm (if you haven't already fallen asleep... this is sometimes the case for me, haha).

Eating activates a lot of the processes in your body and it's going to start supplying your body with the sugars it extracts from what you've eaten, so if you eat late, you're going to feel a lot more restless at night.
As for caffeinated drinks, I'd probably avoid consuming them after about noon. I believe I was told it takes about twelve hours for the caffeine to completely leave your system. If you tend to consume caffeine in the afternoon to keep yourself going for the rest of the day, consider a different approach; maybe have a small healthy snack, or take a little walk, it should wake you up and keep your body alert for a little while.

I dunno about you, but my body is pretty finicky. I love sleeping in until like, ten AM (and this term I've really shot myself in the foot because two out of five days, I don't have to be to class until 12:30, which enables me to stay up late the night before and sleep in that morning... otherwise I have to be up at 6 to make all my other 8:30 classes.)
Anyway, if I sleep in until 10, then I find I can't fall asleep until around midnight, or even one or two. Which means if I have to get up at 6, I'm missing out on a lot of sleep. I don't feel good unless I've had eight hours of sleep, but I'm also not the kind of person who can fall asleep at will. I can't even nap in the afternoon, haha. So I have to watch when I sleep and when I get up, and try and keep an even balance so I'm not screwed on my early days. It's tough struggling through three hour-and-a-half lectures and a three-hour lab on five hours of sleep.

I sometimes daydream, but I find it distracting, because I'll want to continue on with the story, hahaha, I'll try and keep myself awake just to think about it, XP

I also keep my eyes shut. I find if I keep them open, I'm more tempted to look around and look at things and think about things, and it's just no good, lol.

It's A Girl Thing!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff