Welcome to Gaia! ::

Oh My Gold! Polls, Contests, Give-a-ways & More!

Back to Guilds

This Guild consists of Polls, Contests, Events, Giveeaways and much more! 

Tags: Conversation, Polls, SonZack, Contests, Friends 

Reply Roleplay Portal [A New Kind Of World]
Rise of Ra: An Egyptian Mythology RP (open and accepting) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lady_Sapphomet

Dangerous Genius

9,050 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:30 pm
Anubis nodded once. "Thank you, Thoth," he said, taking the offer. "Any news on the mortals?" He had heard rumours that the humans were starting an ambush team and had sent out scouts to confirm it. Yet, no news had come yet to his ears, and he was hoping someone else had heard.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:48 pm
User ImageUser Image
- The Egyptian God, Thoth / The Heroic Prophet, Karbukef -
The Same Being In Two Forms, They Both Preach For The End of the Coming War.

Thoth nodded his head, his brow furrowing in worry, and said, "I'm afraid so. Though my crusades have gathered members, the pharaoh has begun assembling an army across the corners of their realm. They have begun plotting an assault upon this sacred ground, and won't stop until they gain access to the Realm of the Gods... Where they shall meet us head-on to fight." He shook his head, sighing, "They are foolish and still under-developed creations, humans are. I'm afraid there's just not enough support to stop them just yet..."

The Phantom of GO

7,900 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Gender Swap 100

Lady_Sapphomet

Dangerous Genius

9,050 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:06 pm
Anubis looked downward. "I think we ought to confront Re about this, though he, of course, knows already. I am wanting to propose an idea to Serget if she can round up her scorpion armies. . .perhaps we could also make the plagues* reoccur."

*The plagues, as in the ones in which Moses unleashed to Egypt when he was trying to convince Ramses to let the Hebrew slaves go. Some of the plagues included:
Frogs
Locusts
Worms and maggots
Meteors

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:54 pm
The Egyptian Royalty Host ((Jalkina, Jalk for short)) Had been walking to Bast's temple, when she saw a stray cat wander by. She bent down to pet it, and heard some voices from Annubis's temple. She stopped to listen, and was amazed at what she heard. She had to tell Bast! She ran to the temple, bursting into the entrance, and started to recite what she heard...  

iiRain Bao

5,200 Points
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Profitable 100
  • Tycoon 200

The Phantom of GO

7,900 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:28 pm
User ImageUser Image

Thoth shook his head slightly, "As much as it would quickly stop the war, I am more open to trying to find a more... Peaceful solution, old friend. No pun intended there, of course," he couldn't help but chuckle at the last bit, though he knew the situation was quite serious... He always was one to be serious yet optimistic in things.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:53 pm
Bast perked her cat ears up after hearing from the royal girl. Her tail twitched in slight annoyance. Her voice was a sleek purr, "Oh re-eally?" She purred, then dropped a grape in her mouth. I'll go talk with that Jackal... she got up, extremely agile, and walked to Annubis's temple. With a sly smile from Bast, the gaurd was mesmerized and let her in. She walked in, as light as a feather, and just as silent. "War? Why does no one inform me about the fun?" Bast lightly complained, in her perfectly feline voice. Her whiskers twitched, flicking away a speck of dust. She watched them from her golden eyes, never blinking. "Annubis, I thought you had a temple-keeper. Does she not clean well?" asked Bast, noting the multiple oceans of dust...  

iiRain Bao

5,200 Points
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Profitable 100
  • Tycoon 200

Lady_Sapphomet

Dangerous Genius

9,050 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:33 pm
"She went with the scouts...plus, that slight sandstorm last night didn't help...and yes, there is a war." He turned his head to Thoth. "Since the mortals aren't planning a more peaceful way, say, by simply discussing with us why they haven't made any offerings or anything else...then, why should we be peaceful?"  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:55 pm
User ImageUser Image

"Because we're their creators and pretty much, if you were thinking with the philosophies of mortals, their parents. If we react with violence, then we will pretty be like fueling a bunch of adolescent, immature teenagers who cannot think for themselves properly... I know it is a crude analogy, but, you have to admit, it makes sense. We must not succumb to our more primitive natures as of yet. You can take it as the last defense but, please... These humans are a divine creation we have made and to let them fall would practically be a disgrace to any creator... An terrible equivalent to letting one's only child commit suicide."

They really didn't proclaim him the entity of wisdom for nothing.

[[ Out. Of. Champagne: You have no idea how long that took to create a set of analogies to fit. o_o ]]

The Phantom of GO

7,900 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Gender Swap 100

Lady_Sapphomet

Dangerous Genius

9,050 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:07 pm
Anubis laid his hands against the windowsill, leaning on them. "I know..." he said thoughtfully. He spoke his next words slowly: "The last Pharaoh, for some reason, had lost favor with us. He...'proclaimed' that making offerings was wrong. So, of course, he taught his son the same thing. Now that he is Pharaoh, he as well has proclaimed us as false. Those who stuck with religion rather than politics came to us...our servants..." He sighed. "I think that something has clouded the visions of both the Pharaoh and his late father. A power greater than our own...perhaps they no longer see us as their leaders...perhaps they have developed free will, and think that they are more superior than us."  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:50 pm
User ImageUser Image

Thoth nodded, agreeing, having noticed that in the past, "Yes... It did seem to break during his reign. Like I had used in my analogy earlier, these humans are now turning into young, adolescent teenagers in terms of their evolution... We must find a way to discipline them without having to harm them much." He began to pace back and forth, trying to think of possible scenarios. He looks over and asks, "Have you any ideas?"

The Phantom of GO

7,900 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Gender Swap 100

Lady_Sapphomet

Dangerous Genius

9,050 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:49 am
His eyes narrowed slowly as he thought. They lit up as he spoke his idea: "I think we ought to show them we exist without actually showing them us..." He turned around to look at Thoth. "Locusts...frogs...disease...all this has been used a time or two before. I say we use something far greater..." His lips curled into a sly, mischievous smirk.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:27 pm
User Image
Bast grimaced, showing her feline fangs. "Please. You are aware that will give Gods and Goddesses a bad rap? Parents who inflicts punishments unto naughty teen agers, those teen agers just get worse, showing defiance. And yet those care-givers who show a kinder side, are usually sided with and given respect. " Bast took a few moments to lick an unseen and possibly imaginary dust speck off of her golden paw.

"The humans are at a stage where they think they are of equal ground to us. If we knock them down, they will have such a fall that they will either not be able to rise up again (extinction), or they will hate us forever, from their low hell-hole." Bast continued, whiskers twitching. She was known for protection against evil spirits and contagious diseases, and she considered contagious diseases feelings of hate and depression. Everyone has an evil spirit of whom lives inside a part of their heart. It was her job to make sure none of these spirits are to rein over the body. Every time someone does something sinful, they feed the spirit. Every time they do something enlightening, they diminish it, bit by bit. She believed that by making a war, the many casualties would result in stronger evil spirits, which would take over the body of the humans. There would then erupt war between humans, and thus, extinction. "As Thoth said, putting an end to their lives, even though it would be an end to our dilemma, would not be preferred. Also, do you know how hard it is to create a new species? I had to aide Het-heru and Iset in creating a new species, it is very complicated and it takes centuries at a minimum." Bast's now silver eyes watched them, silently thinking, leave it up to male creatures to think up more volatile ways of action... this of course was a generality, but was still (most of the time), true.

iiRain Bao

5,200 Points
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Profitable 100
  • Tycoon 200

Lady_Sapphomet

Dangerous Genius

9,050 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:54 pm
"I never said we'd kill them...on my second proposal, I mean...I said that we use our powers to create a phenomenon far greater than plagues...some sort of curse..." he added slowly.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:28 pm
User ImageUser Image

Thoth agreed towards Bast's lecture, but then raised an eyebrow as the word 'curse' escaped form Anubis' lips. "A curse? And which of the curses are you speaking of? You know how I am the procurer of magic, friend..."

The Phantom of GO

7,900 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Gender Swap 100

Lady_Sapphomet

Dangerous Genius

9,050 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:02 pm
"I don't know specifically...but, one that won't harm them, yet will prove we exist, to prove we are a higher power." He let out a deep sigh and paused for awhile. Finally, he said, "I suggest we gather a meeting..."  
Roleplay Portal [A New Kind Of World]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff