Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
When the student is ready...? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

xsparkledovex

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 3:24 pm
reagun ban
missmagpie
I'm not quite sure which one at the last moot was your student... I'm pretty sure it was the girl outside smoking with you after the moot (not great with names here), in which case yes i'd consider her a success. Any student who seems that independent from the teacher (in a good way) is a good thing. Unless I'm totally wrong here and not observant at all xd Quite possible considering the state I'm currently in and was in at the last moot.

No, I don't think she came out with me for a smoke. She was the one with red hair and the glasses. The one who commented on the Fennian cycle being less magical than the ulster cycle and drew the comparison between when they were written down first.

I was about to ask "do I know who you're talking about? usually got red hair?" then I saw this, heh. So yeah.

do I know magpie? eek

Quote:
How does your prospective student know that you're going to teach her a tradition that is actually what she wants to learn? Most likely she'd follow blindly whatever you tell her, and that can be pretty damn dangerous.
<- I agree. Tell em what you know, but "teacher", I don't think so.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 3:41 pm
bluewolfcub
reagun ban
missmagpie
I'm not quite sure which one at the last moot was your student... I'm pretty sure it was the girl outside smoking with you after the moot (not great with names here), in which case yes i'd consider her a success. Any student who seems that independent from the teacher (in a good way) is a good thing. Unless I'm totally wrong here and not observant at all xd Quite possible considering the state I'm currently in and was in at the last moot.

No, I don't think she came out with me for a smoke. She was the one with red hair and the glasses. The one who commented on the Fennian cycle being less magical than the ulster cycle and drew the comparison between when they were written down first.

I was about to ask "do I know who you're talking about? usually got red hair?" then I saw this, heh. So yeah.

do I know magpie? eek

Quote:
How does your prospective student know that you're going to teach her a tradition that is actually what she wants to learn? Most likely she'd follow blindly whatever you tell her, and that can be pretty damn dangerous.
<- I agree. Tell em what you know, but "teacher", I don't think so.

You might know me. Not sure I know you, but then again the internet is such an ambiguous place... I'll generally go to the moots if I can make them (though there was a long time I didn't because of a certain person who went... but let's not get into that). I'm quiet and blonde and usually don't say anything. Thus the quietness. I like to listen though biggrin
If that's still too ambiguous I'll try to make it to the next one and hopefully meet you there.  

Pelta

xsparkledovex

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 3:45 pm
missmagpie

You might know me. Not sure I know you, but then again the internet is such an ambiguous place... I'll generally go to the moots if I can make them (though there was a long time I didn't because of a certain person who went... but let's not get into that). I'm quiet and blonde and usually don't say anything. Thus the quietness. I like to listen though biggrin
If that's still too ambiguous I'll try to make it to the next one and hopefully meet you there.

Nah nah I don't go to them. reagun says I'm not allowed crying
heh. not actually bothered too much, might go out of curiosity sometime.

just wondering if you were a mutual aquaintance, guess not. nevermind =)  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 3:57 pm
bluewolfcub
missmagpie

Nah nah I don't go to them. reagun says I'm not allowed crying
heh. not actually bothered too much, might go out of curiosity sometime.

just wondering if you were a mutual aquaintance, guess not. nevermind =)

He he he. Not allowed? I could see reagun saying that...
Oh well. Maybe we'll meet eventually someday anyway. At least in the meantime there's the web. Nice to make your acquaintance.  

Pelta

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 4:08 am
~grumbles~ You people are going to make me come to Ireland aren't you? mrgreen  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 4:22 am
TeaDidikai

Yep mrgreen  

Pelta

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 4:27 am
missmagpie
TeaDidikai

Yep mrgreen
Maybe next time I'm in Scotland I'll stop off. Heh... I have yet to actually meet my in-laws. They have first dibs.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 4:39 am
At the risk of sounding presumptious, I think it's for her own good. And I've never forbidden her from going, for it's quite clearly not my place, I've just strongly advised she not go.  

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Pelta

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 4:52 am
reagun ban
At the risk of sounding presumptious, I think it's for her own good. And I've never forbidden her from going, for it's quite clearly not my place, I've just strongly advised she not go.

Oh no I'm not disagreeing with you! Don't get me wrong - I don't think it's a bad thing at all that you advised her against going. The fact that you're looking out for her is great. I didn't have anyone to tell me that (actually a certain mutual acquaintance of ours suggested that I go) but I certainly wasn't ready for it when I went. I had a bit of a rude shock. At the time I didn't know pagans could be so... feisty. And argumentative. Now I know better mrgreen I went through a stage of hating everyone there. Then I copped on to how stupid (and somewhat fluffy) I was being, started attending them again and really enjoyed it. So I think it's a good thing you're looking out for her.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 4:55 am
reagun ban
~quietly wonders if she would survive a room full of Reaguns... shudder~ twisted  

TeaDidikai

Pelta

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 5:09 am
TeaDidikai
reagun ban
~quietly wonders if she would survive a room full of Reaguns... shudder~ twisted

He he he... Yeah that's a pretty terrifying concept. (Meant with all due respect Reagun! EEEEK! Please don't hurt me!)  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 5:11 am
missmagpie
Oh no I'm not disagreeing with you! Don't get me wrong - I don't think it's a bad thing at all that you advised her against going. The fact that you're looking out for her is great. I didn't have anyone to tell me that (actually a certain mutual acquaintance of ours suggested that I go) but I certainly wasn't ready for it when I went.

I am sooooo going to tell him you said that. XP
Anyway, I trust the little ginger, he's got a good head on his shoulders (in certain areas), even if he does have lousy taste in men.  

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 5:42 am
missmagpie

He he he... Yeah that's a pretty terrifying concept. (Meant with all due respect Reagun! EEEEK! Please don't hurt me!)
Due respect nothing! He knows it's a horrific image. twisted In fact, I think he's proud of it. wink  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 5:43 am
reagun ban
missmagpie
Oh no I'm not disagreeing with you! Don't get me wrong - I don't think it's a bad thing at all that you advised her against going. The fact that you're looking out for her is great. I didn't have anyone to tell me that (actually a certain mutual acquaintance of ours suggested that I go) but I certainly wasn't ready for it when I went.

I am sooooo going to tell him you said that. XP

It wasn't that mutual acquaintance - twas the other. The one you used to work with. But in his case he was right. I needed to meet other pagans and discuss stuff. Or at least listen to them discussing.
Quote:
Anyway, I trust the little ginger, he's got a good head on his shoulders (in certain areas), even if he does have lousy taste in men.

Heh. Well, he went out with you, didn't he? xd Ah sure the little ginger's a lovely guy. Stubborn as a mule, but you gotta love him. Actually, I haven't seen him in ages... *reaches for phone*  

Pelta

xsparkledovex

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 7:17 am
reagun ban

You don't let me do ANYTHING! That's it, I'm leaving!!
lol  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces