Reply Highlander Roleplaying - Joe's
Off the Clock Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Vesta Shade

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:12 pm
Veronica could atest to his looking good in the uniform, she had the time to study him while approaching the bar after all, of course she was of the mind he would look good in just about anything, that was besides the point at the moment. There was an honest blush at his actions, no doubt drawing some attention to them she was sure, and she still had to be slightly disappointed that was the only kiss she got. Not that it stopped her from moving forward to kiss his cheek as her version of a greeting.

"Not sure most consider my presence a grace, but then most aren't so into my good graces." Her voice held warmth to it, which was pretty normal for her, along with the light amusement, though it was very clear she was glad to see him. "And someone been tattling apparently if you know about the great table fire of the chemistry four class...Kali." Of course she didn't mind, even if she had to wonder how she'd some up in conversation.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:43 pm
Well, Etienne did kinda drop off the face of the Earth for a while...then again, he was orbiting the moon at the time on classified training missions and literally had an excuse to not call much...and he decided he would guage how much trouble he was in for being out of touch before attempting a better PDA. Apparently, Veronica is quite understanding. All the better, in Etienne's opinion.

Smiling as he receives his kiss, Etienne lets his hands drop lightly around Veronica's waist to hold her in a light hug. "Well, she didn't go into much detail, Kali just hinted that your students were especially frustrating that day."

A mischievous twinkle lights in his eyes at Kali's remark. "Showing my age, am I? Just ask MacLeod what it was like in the days before steam power and indoor plumbing. I'm still young and virile by comparison, I'll have you know."  

Gaston Marceau
Captain

Immortal Ghost
Vice Captain

Ruthless Millionaire

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:53 pm
"Yeah yeah." Was her off handed remark on that, "You're old to me at any rate, I've already learned better to not pick on the person teaching me sword-work, so you're free game." Kali even gave a bright smile as she informed him of his misfortune.

"Why's everyone always guess I'm the one giving things away or getting into trouble, gesh, okay so this time it was me, eh." A slight pause to glance between the two of them, "I'm going to make a bet I don't have to introduce the two of you to each other for some odd reason."  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:04 pm
Was hard to not be understanding of disappearances, really they happened rather often among the immortal population, simply meant it was a pleasant surprise when the person came back. So there weren't any hard feelings on her end of course, the fact she hadn't stopped smiling yet gave that away with some ease in the matter.

"I'm pretty sure I know who he is...at least I would hope so, would be a rather unfortunate understanding otherwise." Given the fact she rather easily molded against him, was an improvement to her day so far, which was something given the day had gone rather well.

Otherwise she didn't have anything to add in the talk about ages, she was pretty sure she was on just about equal footing with Etienne on that note. Really didn't want to rehash the great table fire either, still glad that the after affect was getting rid of troublesome students.  

Vesta Shade

Gaston Marceau
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:21 pm
Etienne smiles at the memory. "Yeah, I bumped into Veronica here back when she was new in town. Suffice to say, we hit it off."

He also has to resist the urge to laugh at Kalika's response. No offense to the girl, but even with her picking on him, Immortality has apparently done her demeanor some good. "I suppose you have a point. It's usually wise to wait a while before you start picking on your own teacher. Took me about eighty years before I could get away with calling him 'my old pappy.; Worth the wait, though."

Turning back to Veronica, he adds. "Need a drink or a snack, cherie? It's my treat, but I may have to let go for a second to let you sit down."  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:31 pm
"Don't really have a reason to pick on Duncan, he's too straight laced, hard to find anything to mess with him on." Which was why while they got along alright they'd never be really good friends, Kalika was more into a gray area on most things and he was could be aptly described as knight in shining armor. It was annoying really, though not enough so to truly grate on her nerves.

"Though my cat likes him better than me." Randomness but sadly true, might be because the poor cat still didn't have a name after eight plus years of her owning it.  

Immortal Ghost
Vice Captain

Ruthless Millionaire

Vesta Shade

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:40 pm
As amusing as the conversation was, Veronica was rather silent, not really wanting to think about her teacher, and she had never met this Duncan person, though about him often enough. Seemed like most the immortals in town were friends with him, or knew him at the very least. It wasn't a surprise she hadn't run into him, she was normally working in some form or another.

"A drink would be a welcome thing." Her answer was ease enough, "A seat even better." After all there was no such thing as comfortable heels, though they were modest at maybe an inch and a half, she did have to stand all day after all. Flats just didn't look right in a skirt suit, maybe she was just biased on that.

"I'm moderately sure my heart won't combust at missed contact, of course you're always free to make it up to me at some point." So she had to get some flirting in, otherwise things would be far too dull.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:38 am
"How fortunate for me, then, that I didn't come back into town on a school night." Etienne remarks, releasing Veronica so she can nab a seat at the bar, "Though I imagine you deserve to skip more than anyone."

And if heels are so bloody uncomfortable, then why do you silly women keep wearing them? Not that it isn't funny to watch someone stumbling about with numbed feet in spike heels, but Etienne isn't that sadistic.

After letting the bartender know to add Veronica's drink to his own running tab, Etienne eyes Kalika again. "And as for Duncan, being all straight laced is the erfect reason to ick on him...just ask Adam. He could give you some excellent pointers."  

Gaston Marceau
Captain

Immortal Ghost
Vice Captain

Ruthless Millionaire

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:34 am
"Ug, I don't need to hear any innuendo between you two." Only reminded her of her own lack-of with anyone, a depressing thought really that should be avoided. Got her to shake her head only to have to a second later flick black strands of hair back over her shoulder.

She continued on with only a slight pause to sip her drink, "As for asking Adam anything, I think he might be avoiding me..." Not that she could overly blame him in truth, didn't mean she found it any less amusing.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:10 pm
Etienne laughs at Kali's response. "Don't blame me, Veronica started it." Not that he's complaining.

"Yeah well, Adam does that sometimes. It's nothing personal, he just gets a bit paranoid at times and decides to lay low. Probably what he's doing now." He shrugs. "Besides, when he's through avoiding you, he'll robably start haranguing me about being too visible again." He was NOT pleased with the visibility got during his tour as an astronaut.  

Gaston Marceau
Captain

Vesta Shade

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:02 pm
"I'm not the one looking hot in a uniform, just to point out." So it was a weak defense on her part, and yet that really didn't bother her one bit given her smile on the matter.

Veronica had to ask, "And I'm guessing Mat's being an idiot again?" Wouldn't surprise her really, sadly her student wasn't the wisest of souls, would be just like him to have an on-and-off again relationship with a gun tooting woman. "I can always deck him, but really his brain cells are so jumbled already I'm not sure it'd do much good."

Honestly she had some pride in Mat, he was her first, and so far last, student, and he was still alive, she figured that had to account for something. Though there were several times she wanted to kill him herself, he was very foolish. Veronica had been surprised when he had shown a genuine interest in violent now ex-watcher turned immortal, given he had always just floated through towns with barely a pause she felt her reaction was justified. So it was a puzzle as to why he kept distancing himself from Kali.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:32 pm
"Idiot is putting it lightly." Was her slightly bitter response, followed by her finishing off her drink, gave her time to get things back under control, enough to turn back to both of them with a slight smile at least. "Anyway, not really worried about Adam, he'll turn up at some point, grumbling about something or another." A simple shrug on that, really he was too hardheaded to go get killed.

"I really don't need to be thinking of Etienne looking anything in anything, no offense Etienne, but just no."  

Immortal Ghost
Vice Captain

Ruthless Millionaire

Gaston Marceau
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:19 pm
"Well, I couldn't rightly create a uniform that I look bad in," Etienne explains with a grin, "I'm the public face of the company, after all, and need to be able to attract customers. However, cherie, one more comment like that, and I may have to make you another dessert."

Turning back to Kali, Etienne holds up his hands in mock surrender. "Yeah yeah yeah, no more innuendo. I'll try to behave myself." As well as he ever does, anyway. "As for this Mat, and no offense to his esteemed teacher here, but he is likely one of the few you can shoot and get away with it. Sounds like it'd be a nice wake up call."

As much as Etienne has been a shameless flirt and self proclaimed womanizer in the past, he's always up front about of his intentions. If he just wants to get laid, he says so. If he's just not that into you, he says so. If he's not sure what the hell he wants and prefers to just take things one day at a time, he says so, dammit.

Anyway, just to bring some lightness back to the conversation, he chooses to pick on Kali ever so slightly. "I don't think you have to worry, kali, unless you start to think of me looking anything in nothing. So, who needs another drink?"  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:24 pm
Kali honestly shivered, "Eww, no offense, again, but eww." She needed to bleach her head now, "Yeah, drink, drink sounds awesome now." And to bang her head against the bartop maybe. "Shooting Mat sounds like an idea." And a better thought that anything dealing with Etienne right now.

"Yeah still shouldn't have another drink, had too many already." That was something that sucked about her immortal status, really couldn't drink a whole lot anymore.

Ended up sliding her eyes to the door a moment before it opened, warning buzz was behind that, looked away again when she saw orange hair. "Birdy chick."  

Immortal Ghost
Vice Captain

Ruthless Millionaire

Gaston Marceau
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 6:08 pm
Etienne chuckles, shaking his head. "Birdy chick...almost afraid to ask what nickname you have for me when I'm not around." He gives Phoenix a wave as soon as he recognizes her as well.  
Highlander Roleplaying - Joe's

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff