Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

-Kawaii Bunny Gamer-

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:07 pm
=) My fav Final Fantasy games are:
Final Fantasy X-2
Final Fantasy 7 biggrin irge of Cerebrus
Final Fantasy X (i wanted to play this game lol)  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:10 pm
Tactic's advance or any for the DS win
Or FFX Or XII and three  

illogically logical V2

Toxic Trash

13,775 Points
  • Moira's Valentine 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Tc Frorleivus Almus Ph
Vice Captain

6,325 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:42 pm
I asked for you to give me as much detail as you could as to why you liked the game(s). Come on, guys, give me details! Don't be afraid to talk a lot about it. I want to know, so please, talk it up.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 1:04 pm
Final Fantasy 7 Crisis Core awesome story line from begining to end.
Made me mad when at the end you had infinite health but right after you died... then Cloud came in an he got the buster Sword  

Nykyrian Quakides

3,600 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

iEatSeaSaltIceCream
Crew

Omnipresent Fatcat

9,350 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 2:46 am
I've only played XII.
I'm wondering if I should buy XIII...

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:31 pm
ive played the new final fantasy 13 its awsome ninja ninja ninja ninja ninja ninja ninja ninja ninja ninja ninja ninja  

dreammin_of_you

6,750 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Person of Interest 200

Tc Frorleivus Almus Ph
Vice Captain

6,325 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:04 am
Xx darkness_ of_ man xX
ive played the new final fantasy 13 its awsome ninja ninja ninja ninja ninja ninja ninja ninja ninja ninja ninja ninja

What about XIII did you like so much? Please explain.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:44 pm
You already know I love VII. But it is more that I love Crisis Core more than VII. VII was the first one I had ever played and it was interesting to me and I wanted to know what happened for the rest of the story line. So I had to play VII during the summer at my aunts, because she was the only one with a PS and the games itself. Until I met you. =P After "beating" (because I still haven't fought Sephiroth yet lol) I became more interested in the side for VII. Like Diverge of Cerberus and Crisis Core. The DoC is a favorite mainly because it is about Vincent Valentine and he is one of my top favorites. And it follows him after the VII games and what happens to him as well as reveals his past. And Crisis Core is currently my favorite one. The way the game play is is super interesting and more to my style of playing. The back and forth battle systems kinda bothered me. So being able to run around and actually able to dodge the enemy attacks was a big plus to me on the Crisis Core. And Well as it was about Zack Fair. I was interested in who he was when they played a small part of him in VII through Clouds memories. It also shows cloud and how he was BEFORE he went into freaking depression mode. Gawd. I've also played other Final Fantasies don't get me wrong thinking I am just a VII lover with out knowing the other games. I've also played IX but only got so far into it and was never able to play it again. I've also played X but the story line is supar long and it has also been a bit since I played and have totally forgotten everything. Lol. I have also played X2. That was interesting but not to much for me to finish it. And I have I and II. Not beaten. But I have them! So I've played others, just VII's story line to me was much more interesting. Most likely because it was the first one I've played.

Cyane Rain Black

ThatzMrOcelot

Wealthy Fatcat

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:37 am
I love IX. It's the top of my list for final fantasy games. I love that it's a light-hearted adventure, but at the same time, it does have a certain direness in it's situation. My favorite character has to be Freya, so useful, and her personality just strikes a chord, she's just so lonely... The chracters in IX all have their major virtues, which often become Vices near the end, but it's these imperfections that make them some of the best characters I've ever played as. I enjoy the fact that Zidane, our main character, has this astounding quality in the fact that he's a Final Fantasy MC, who is actually bearable, he's not depressed and whiney (a la 7+ cool nor is he overly happy (a la 10), I'm not even mentioning Vaan, because he doesn't count as a main....and he looks like a girl :3

The story it tells is a bit cliche'd, but then again there aren't many original stories left in the world of gaming. The ATB system was perfect, and the AP system was flawless, IMO. The only thing I could ever wish for in this game would be a post-game dungeon, and more side-quests and uberbosses. Final Fantasy 9, you'll never die in my eyes <3
~~~~~~~~~~

Now, the other end of the spectrum. My all time least favorites were 12 and 13. 12 had a great story, political thrills abounded, don't get me wrong. But half of the characters were downright two dimensional, and Vaan never amounted to the heroism of his FF predecesors (Sp?), among the Ranks of Cecil, Zidane, Tidus, and Squall. The battle system was annoying, and the license board system got really old really fast. The dificulty curve was more flawed than anything I've seen, jumping in dificulty at a certain point (my memory is foggy) to the point where even me, an avid level grinder, did not have the patience to grind.

13, oh dear god, here we go. 13 was terrible in almost every aspect. The characters were rather well designed, the story was moderately intrueging, and the whole weapon upgrade system was fun. Everything else stirred a hatred in me like nothing else. The game is linear, all of it's dungeons, barring Pulse, were so linear it almost hurt, no treasure was ever hard to find. The battle system annoyed me more than 12, I don't care what people say, the Paradigm system is stupid, if you're going to have party members available to do whatever you want them to....make a class system, a la FFT - FFTA2. And unlocking all the classes for everyone halfway through the game was almost pointless, unless you decided to AP grind. Unlocking a new class for someone is more expensive than an extra ATB slot, or a high-level spell, this is idiocy. Another thing about the battle system is the switch from 'full party spell' to 'AOE spells' I hated this, Aoe was a bad idea, because some of the spells have such a range that there's no avoiding it, and the characters ALWAYS end up staying together, no matter how hard you try and keep them apart, so there's no point in thinking you can dodge AOE. I hated this game more than 7....and I hated 7 a lot.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:25 pm
Yeeeeeeaaaaahhh!
Let me go perform a little dance somewhere. =P
Thank you for both of your largely detailed answers. I really appreciate them very much.
I have played the original VII, and it was alright; there was nothing really wrong with it, other than Cloud's obnoxious ability to make every situation very melancholy. Beyond that, I know nothing other than what people say, and I notice a recurring pattern in that people cry at Crisis Core. >>;
As for XIII, well, I have only heard negative things about it, really. The only people who seem to support it are the people who have not really played the ones before and (as you may have noticed) never explain what about it they like so much.
If I were to rag on it a little myself, there were three XIII games made, and collectively, they were called "Fabula Nova Crystallis". A Latin phrase. Fyi, the word 'crystallis' is in the wrong case. Oopsie. The other two games, Versus and Agito, well. Versus has a pretty obvious meaning, and as a participle or a noun it may vary a little, but it's not really wrong, per say. As an adverb or a preposition, it doesn't decline, so you can't really mess it up there. Agito could be two different (ish) things; the future imperative of agere (to drive; urge), which is normally used in the expression "Gratias (multas) ago" or "I urge (many) gratitudes", colloquially expressed as "thank you", =P OR it could be the first person indicative of agitare, to stir; shake; move about. I really don't know what they were going for there. Either "Final Fantasy (You Will Urge/Drive!) XIII" or "Final Fantasy (I Stir/Shake) XIII". Take that how you will. ;P
As for IX, I have to say, I was apprehensive of IX at first. It was weird and different, not what I was used to. It also started out innocently enough, and the art style on the back of the box kind of lied to me about what kind of atmosphere awaited me. However, the story really surprised me. You know what they say; you can't judge a book by its cover. The way IX turned around for me was pretty cool, and I kind of wish there were more games like it. The characters really grew on me quite a lot (though they still lose to Ultimecia ;P ) and it actually made for a really good game. The Final Fantasy era spanning the PSone definitely went out with a bang in my book.

Tc Frorleivus Almus Ph
Vice Captain

6,325 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250

NeoRhythm

8,100 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:36 pm
Final Fantasy IX was the first Final Fantasy I played and will probably always be my favorite. The game had an interesting story and beautiful graphics. It also had a good battle system and the each character possessed an interesting ability. I also think that out all the Final Fantasy games, IX had the best music.(Melodies of Life,Battle Theme,Ukulele de Chocobo)
I adored all the characters(except for Queen Brahne) My favorites are Eiko and Vivi. I loved Eiko because she was a cute kid with great healing magic. She could summon the Phoenix even after she and the other characters were defeated. Vivi is also a favorite because he is an innocent character with very powerful black magic. I'm sad that there aren't black mages in the newer Final Fantasy games. Kuja was a funny bad guy. His outfit and attitude made the game more enjoyable. I couldn't help but like him and feel a little sorry for him. My only problem with the game was the ending. It was predictable and kind of boring. Overall it was an incredible game.

Admittedly FF9 is the only Final Fantasy I've beaten. I've played 7,8 and 10 but none of them captured my attention like 9 did. However, I did enjoy playing Final Fantasy Tactics because it had a different gameplay from all the other Final Fantasies.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:49 pm
NeoRhythm
Final Fantasy IX was the first Final Fantasy I played and will probably always be my favorite. The game had an interesting story and beautiful graphics. It also had a good battle system and the each character possessed an interesting ability. I also think that out all the Final Fantasy games, IX had the best music.(Melodies of Life,Battle Theme,Ukulele de Chocobo)
I adored all the characters(except for Queen Brahne) My favorites are Eiko and Vivi. I loved Eiko because she was a cute kid with great healing magic. She could summon the Phoenix even after she and the other characters were defeated. Vivi is also a favorite because he is an innocent character with very powerful black magic. I'm sad that there aren't black mages in the newer Final Fantasy games. Kuja was a funny bad guy. His outfit and attitude made the game more enjoyable. I couldn't help but like him and feel a little sorry for him. My only problem with the game was the ending. It was predictable and kind of boring. Overall it was an incredible game.

Admittedly FF9 is the only Final Fantasy I've beaten. I've played 7,8 and 10 but none of them captured my attention like 9 did. However, I did enjoy playing Final Fantasy Tactics because it had a different gameplay from all the other Final Fantasies.

I could never stop playing the FF Tactics series. 3nodding

I still occasionally play FFT once in a blue moon and often shuffle around in FFTA and FFTA2. I just love the TBS genre games that much.

Metus Aquinas
Vice Captain

Newbie Businessman

5,600 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Tyy Tea
Captain

IRL Glitch

13,500 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Marathon 300
  • Hunter 50
PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:50 pm
Shizu - To answer your question about FF XIII ... Although I have not played any of other Final Fantasy's yet,
it is my personal belief that XIII is awesome (: if you do wish me to, I will try to go into detail.

As for all of the others saying it is bad... I do believe they are judging it to harshly by comparing it to other FF games such as the legendary VII.
In other words..... "FF XIII was a wonderful game... just because it's not like all the other Final Fantasy's does not mean it's bad....."

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:54 am

๑Final Fantasy IX
It has the most charm to me, the storyline was good and it was very enjoyable.๑

RlNNY

Playstation

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items