Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

zz1000zz
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:41 am
The Amazing Ryuu
Though if you do encounter either potential players or elders that are a bit squeamish about the idea, offer to run a Christian-themed campaign. Set it in the Crusades,

While that might work, I am fairly certain the Crusades were more evil than almost anything which has ever been in my campaigns.

The Amazing Ryuu
zz, I wish you lived more around here. I think you'd have a lot of fun with my group, as all but two of us were previous DMs, and know how to handle good players smile

I have to admit, I haven't the slightest idea where you live.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:17 pm
My gf was actually talking about running a campaign set in the Crusades era where different D&D races were from different countries. It could have been interesting if we hadn't started up something else instead.

So, anyone interested in pure awesome, book the next flight/train/bus to New Jersey and we'll fit you in. wink  

The Amazing Ryuu
Captain

zz1000zz
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:29 pm
The Amazing Ryuu
My gf was actually talking about running a campaign set in the Crusades era where different D&D races were from different countries. It could have been interesting if we hadn't started up something else instead.

So, anyone interested in pure awesome, book the next flight/train/bus to New Jersey and we'll fit you in. wink

Traveling that far for a single session seems silly, so unless you're offering a place to stay, I think I'll have to pass.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:07 pm
zz1000zz
Traveling that far for a single session seems silly, so unless you're offering a place to stay, I think I'll have to pass.

Not only a place to stay, but several homecooked meals a week. smile  

The Amazing Ryuu
Captain

zz1000zz
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:24 pm
The Amazing Ryuu
zz1000zz

Not only a place to stay, but several homecooked meals a week. smile

And just what is the catch?  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:45 am
rmcdra
"I wanna cast MAGIC MISSLE, I attack the darkness" rofl rofl rofl rofl

ROCKS FALL EVERYONE DIES!!

(odly, i actualy had a campaign end like that. stupid wizard setting triggered a cave in while 10 miles underground.)  

Lazarus The Resurected

Fushigi na Butterfly

High-functioning Businesswoman

7,000 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:48 am
The Amazing Ryuu
Set it in the Crusades, or be soldiers in King David's army, or heck, even just insert a new One God into the traditional D&D pantheon and have the plot center around his emergence and the few chosen ones needed to promote the new deity.

This reminds me a lot of the book I just finished reading (Kushiel's Dart). The culture(s) of the book are basically taken from actual cultures (the names, the tribes, and the religions). The main religion is centered around Elua and his Companions, Elua being the son of the earth and the tears of the women crying at the foot of Yeshua ben Yusef's cross. There are constant references to the Yeshuites and their One God, and all of this is set in a fantasy setting. It was both weird and cool to me. mrgreen  

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games