Welcome to Gaia! ::

Cherub and Friends Art Guild

Back to Guilds

In this guild you may post your art for all to see, get tips on improving your work, and enter our monthly contests! 

Tags: anime, drawings, avatar, manga, shop 

Reply Chatterbox
What motivates you? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ActOnYourImpulse

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 10:41 am
My sister motivates me because she is the most amazing artist I know and I wish I could draw just like her. She does teach me a bit here and there when I ask for help. biggrin  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 12:40 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

My aunt Erica inspired me to draw better. My current motivation is to draw as good or better than some of the artists I admire.

User Image

Centipedes In Utero

Shameless Streaker

10,900 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Knocturne

2,850 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:12 am
My inspiration comes from music, thoughts I have, stories I enjoy, movies, other art and what not. It is my competitive spirit that pushes me to improve. Especially since I knew a lot of artists in high school I was always motivated to outgrow them in skill and artistic prowess. I also love all kinds of art so trying out new things with art has always been a source of pleasure.

I'm doing that meme that was posted here, I'll post it in my gallery if anyone cares ;P  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:08 pm
I have always been amazed by all the pictures and how the colors blended together. I have tried painting, I still paint, and I am still amazed at how people blend in whites together and how they get the darker shades.
I guess I'm inspired by my hero, even though he was a music artist, Hideto Matsumoto. heart  

storage469

Kinnect

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:21 am
Emma Watson from Harry Potter
She is so inspiring

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 6:38 pm
Yea I get that a looooot.

I browse other peoples art all the time. And even though I'm not completely horrid I come across a lot of people that are a ton better than me and I think "OMGGGG, I am never going to be that good."

Then I look back on my work when I was younger. I never thought back then that I'd be as good as I am now. All of the people who're better than me I just look at the difference.

What does their art have that mine doesnt? Then I apply that to my art, whether it be a better composition, better lighting, or anything else. And with that, every new piece I come out with is my new favorite because I keep improving because of that. So I know that in about 5 or 10 years I'm going to be as good as all those people I thought I'd never compare with.

My inspiration is other people. All of the art that just AMAZES me. Thats my inspiration. What keeps me going is what my art COULD be if I just put that extra hour or extra day into my work...

So every time I draw I try to put more and more into it and as a result I get it all back. heart heart heart

Hope I helped a little? lol  

Digital Plush

Chatterbox

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas