Welcome to Gaia! ::

~*The Official Post Your Progress Guild*~ Writers Support!

Back to Guilds

We support fellow writers by tracking and displaying word and page counts. 

Tags: Writing, Write, Poetry, Novels, Stories 

Reply Plot/Character/Genre Discussion
Straight from the Horse's Mouth: Your Character Quotes Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

People Counter
  I'm a people!
View Results

Ereanora

650 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:25 pm
Context:
I had to write a short story in class using the plot "The cat is in the house, I will put the cat out, the cat will return"
Inevitably my characters were mice - one of which was suffering from a very exaggerated case of toxoplasmosis.

Quote:
“Blast!” He cursed under his breath – she was mad, utterly mad. He darted in front of her. “For a spring loaded fate”, he snarled. “She’s as gentle as cheese on a wooden platter, green pellets and a terrier dog in one.”

It is not nearly as good as everyone else's but I do love Rin, he was a good boy.

I also enjoy the following quote - mainly for the fact that is is a very low key casual conversation that does turn out quite badly. But also (and I have yet to write it into the story) Dira's very expressional so she visually deflates at the answer before storming off in a huff.

Quote:
“I have another question”
“Question not the stars that so graciously give us grantable wishes"

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:57 pm
This is a conversation between my MC Iris and her best friend Gregg. They have the opportunity to spy on their knightmasters to learn secret combat moves.

"You will get caught for sure," he said as we walked to our first class.
"Doubt it," I had too many years of experience of spying on my family, "I am very good at seeming invisible."
"Hmm."
"And you know I could use a sparring partner. You could come too."
"Two annexations are better than one."
"So pessimistic."

DayhawK68

Romantic Hunter

7,950 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

Supinelu

Versatile Genius

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:54 pm
Explaining this would require too much context to make this brief. So hopefully it speaks for itself.

Quote:
"I don't believe in destiny." The words had a final sound to them, something just the side of warning.

But the old man merely smiled a soft expression. He again presented the sheathed blade to Ninga - wrinkled fingers tracing the etched, silvery peaks of the mountains inlaid into the sword's sheath.

"Your destiny ended here," he said, pushing the blade gently but firmly into hands that uncurled at his persistence, "You were bade to come here, and you did. I was bade to relinquish this sword, and I have. What happens next is unknown to all the stars in the sky."

Ninga stared down at the object in his hands, willing them to let the blade fall to the ground. They refused to open.

"I'm not one of you. I can’t…this is something that is not my right to carry.”

Again, the elder smiled. “You came to us. We accepted you."

Plot/Character/Genre Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas