Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MysteryCross

1,100 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 1:29 pm
Reality isn't what we percieve it to be, out perceptions are a way to escape reality. Our belifes are only there to explain to ourselves why are "reality" isn't everyone elses reality. People belived the world was flat only because they wanted to explain what the didn't know. so belife is to explain what we don't know, and to that coment about scence is exactly true, it is false. Scenice is nothing but educational gusess that have not been proven wrong. And the same goes for religion and "realities". twisted  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 2:12 pm
People need to read more.  

Silenus Slade

DR490N

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 8:44 am
is there any one reality? no. Think of the multiverse theory. each decision has its own separate universe.
is there much more to life than most human beings think? yes. much much more.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 9:46 pm
I believe most stubbornly there is only one reality. In the physical world, for there to be more realities based on decisions just sounds the most idiotic thing.

As for my own theories, I often wonder what reality looks like outside all living things. "If a tree falls in the forest and no one's around to hear it, does it make a sound?" I'll never know. No one could. I believe, based on this deep question, that sound is just an interpretation of something else (vibrations, maybe?). Therefore, one might say it's not real. But reality is mysterious.  

littlewonder

Hel Daughter of Loki

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 11:21 pm
In truth, I believe tha reality (if there even really is one) is just a basicly endless series of perseptions. The overal cosensus is deemed reality for the masses.

Be careful though because if your not this question will bleed into a thousand different questions, such as the idea of truth... is any truth the real truth is there any story viable enough to actual fact (if there is such a thing) after being distorted by personal perseption? or are the insain really insain, or do they just have the misfortune of seeing a different, but no less real, reality than our own? There is no need to spiral through questions that can't be answered.

I'll leave you with this though, scientist know that the world is nothing like what we see. Human perseption is such that we can only focus on a very small persent of what is actually around us. If we were to see it as it really is, our brains would overload. It would kill us.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 8:28 pm
i think that reality is what is really there or what really happens, the truth, with no opinions on it whatsoever. unfortunately being humans we cannot help but to slightly change "reality" when we talk about it because thats how we see things from our own points of view. which is why i think that there seem to be more and different "realities" than just the simple truth.
i think the coolest thing to do is teach yourself to see the truth the real reality with no opinion at all. not many like to do this.
i'm sry if someone already said something similar to this i only read some of them.  

A Dark Knight

Henneth Annun
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 10:17 pm
Veruniel
Things like ghosts and faeries are a thorny problem. In their case, the question becomes whether they really go away if you stop believing them, or whether they simply go away from you. I would argue that, just as something can be real even if you've never seen it, things can also be real even if they don't want anything to do with you.

At least I hope so. People who disagree with me could easliy argue that I don't exist... considering all the prats I wanted nothing to do with in highschool.

Ooh, that raises another pesky question. If you have no dealings with the other people in this world, are you still living in it?

You would still exist in the world, but in everyone's subjective reality you wouldn't be living in it. No one can really live in another persons reality completely, because each one of us forms a different one based on our thoughts, feelings, beliefs, biases, and how we see things. If they never knew you existed, then you wouldn't be in their reality on any level at all. The only place you would exist would be in the physical world, like an island that no one's discovered yet. You're there, but of no real consequence or influence.

It's like the expression "in my own little world", everyone is in their own world, because everyone sees the world differently. If your not known then your not living it in, since you aren't there at all.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 7:03 am
Dr_lecter1988
Over the last week, i've been thinking. Does a completely objective reality even exist? because we all have our own subjective reality of our own. Our perceptions are all different, without the perceptions of people, is there a reality? and if so How would we ever be able to tell exactly what said reality is?

One simple answer, we raise a human on nothing but pure logic, no imagination, no speculation, just cold hard logic.

Then when they reach adult hood, we ask them, 'what do they see with the world?' then and only then, without the pollution of faerie tales and conspiracy, we will get an answer, of the perfect unfiltered perception of our world.  

Rellik San
Crew

Henneth Annun
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 3:09 pm
Rellik San
Dr_lecter1988
Over the last week, i've been thinking. Does a completely objective reality even exist? because we all have our own subjective reality of our own. Our perceptions are all different, without the perceptions of people, is there a reality? and if so How would we ever be able to tell exactly what said reality is?

One simple answer, we raise a human on nothing but pure logic, no imagination, no speculation, just cold hard logic.

Then when they reach adult hood, we ask them, 'what do they see with the world?' then and only then, without the pollution of faerie tales and conspiracy, we will get an answer, of the perfect unfiltered perception of our world.

Woudn't that be extremely difficult, to raise someone like that? There's so much stuff floating around out there, everywhere actually, that could pollute their mind. Even if you managed to do that perfectly, wouldn't the reality still be filtered through their individual personalities and experiences?

I've always hated fairy tales....  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 3:29 pm
XWraith_LordX
Rellik San
Dr_lecter1988

Woudn't that be extremely difficult, to raise someone like that? There's so much stuff floating around out there, everywhere actually, that could pollute their mind. Even if you managed to do that perfectly, wouldn't the reality still be filtered through their individual personalities and experiences?

If they have no experiences and only know logic, there is no personality or experience to draw a personality from.  

Rellik Chan

Henneth Annun
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 3:32 pm
Rellik Chan
XWraith_LordX
Rellik San
Dr_lecter1988

If they have no experiences and only know logic, there is no personality or experience to draw a personality from.
Nature vrs. Nuture....  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 3:44 pm
XWraith_LordX
Rellik Chan
XWraith_LordX
Rellik San
Dr_lecter1988

Nature vrs. Nuture....
Yep, thats pretty much it.  

Rellik Chan

Henneth Annun
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:03 pm
Rellik Chan
XWraith_LordX
Rellik Chan
XWraith_LordX
Rellik San
Dr_lecter1988

Nature vrs. Nuture....

Why do you always get the last word? xd You will respond to this, of course, and again have the last word.

Grilled peppers, mediteranian style.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 5:13 pm
XWraith_LordX
Rellik Chan
XWraith_LordX
Rellik Chan
XWraith_LordX

Nature vrs. Nuture....

Why do you always get the last word? xd You will respond to this, of course, and again have the last word.

I always get the last word in, as a psychological tactic, you get the last word in, on an argument in a forum, then anyone new to the discussion will take your point as the more serious one. smile  

Rellik Chan

Henneth Annun
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 12:51 pm
Rellik Chan
XWraith_LordX
Rellik Chan
XWraith_LordX
Rellik Chan
XWraith_LordX

Nature vrs. Nuture....

I always get the last word in, as a psychological tactic, you get the last word in, on an argument in a forum, then anyone new to the discussion will take your point as the more serious one. smile

I see what you are saying.  
Extended Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces