Welcome to Gaia! ::

TZM Gaia

Back to Guilds

The Zeitgeist Movement on Gaia for all Gaian supporters and activists of TZM and RBEM. 

Tags: zeitgeist, movement, venus, project, economy 

Reply TZM Gaia
News and Announcements Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TyraeKlouds
Captain

5,850 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:48 pm
Zeitgeist: Addendum Screening and Q&A

The TZMGaia Guild is going to hold a screening of the movie Zeitgeist: Addendum. I'm not sure if you guys had noticed or not but, I put a nice little playlist together with the movie (Addendum), the interview Who Is Peter Joseph?, and a trailer for Zeitgeist: Moving Forward. I think this would be an excellent opportunity for those of us who have questions (about the movement) to bring them to the table for me to answer. It'll be nice to be on the same page as everyone else in the guild so our communication isn't so broken as we find it tends to be with those that are a bit less like-minded.

question Who: You and a guest
question What: A screening of Addendum and Q&A
question Where: Here arrow Gaia VJ
question When: Sat. Nov. 20th @ 2000 Central time

~Tyrae

p.s. This screening is for anyone interested as well. If you are not a member of TZMGaia, feel free to come by anyway and learn about The Zeitgeist Movement.

p.s.s. Please feel free to invite anyone you feel might be interested and repost this news anywhere. Lets get that room filled up!  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:34 pm
TZM Gaia

News ~ Nov. 24th, 2010

Helllllo, everyone!

Welcome to the first installment of TZM Gaia's newsletter...err...news...post. I'm hoping to get a biweekly Newspost up, eh, biweekly! To let you all know whats going on in the movement as a whole, but mainly whats going on here in Gaia relating to TZM.

Let me start by saying...

Welcome

TZM_MrB (IL State Coordinator)
Mayaid (Israel Coordinator)
Shuyajin

!!!!!

Our guild/chapter is growing and is getting more exciting by the day! I have yet to talk to everyone on a more personal level but, we're getting there. And please, everyone, if you haven't already, make a post in the Introductions! This will allow us all to better know the gang and get an idea of where we're all at when it comes to TZM. What films we've seen, what literature we've read and so on.

That being said, if you haven't already...Watch Zeitgeist: Addendum! I assume you all have if you're here in the guild so, thats great! So...if you have...Watch the Orientation Presentation!!! And when you're done with that...Read the Activist Orientation Guide!!! All of these materials will help to educate yourself on the principle concepts of not only TZM and the work we're doing but the core ideals of TVP and an RBE! It is essential that you watch and read the orientations to even truly begin discussing, on a serious level, anything about TVP and an RBE.

exclaim I've been extraordinarily busy with the IL Chapter as of late. I've managed to snag myself up an official coordinator position here and as such also taken on MUCH more responsibility! I don't mind it one bit, as Mayaid says...TVP is my life!

Clicky to see a vid she put together entitled "the Venus Project is my life".
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

exclaim I'm also working heavily on the IL official website. It's LONG overdue for an overhaul and...since i'm not some fancy pants web designer, it's taking an entire new mindset to get things rolling. Learning is what I love though so, it's going well. -)

exclaim Latest Events

I'd like to say that the screening of Addendum was a success! TZM_MrB, Myself, Shuyajin, Irregular, Vachinaman, some dude named Tien something or other, and a gal named Prism all showed up. I think Irregular was the only person that hadn't seen the film and, she seemed to have loved it! Hopefully we'll snatch her up and get her into the guild soon! We had a bit of discussion afterward and Shuyajin and I chilled a bit. Although a bit on the down side, I think afterwards he started to think a bit more positive about where we're heading...yeh?

So, I'd like to try and get this going once a week! Maybe we'll start once every other week though, lol. I think it'd be great to do screenings of various movies together! I REALLY want to watch a film called Network again. If you guys havn't seen it, I HIGHLY recomend it! I'll make a seperate post to discuss screenings.

So far, thats really the first even we've had so...as time goes on, i'm hoping this section will be filled a bit more. especialy because YOU can be holding your own events and share your stories here on Gaia as well! Please, if you have a story to share, don't be afraid, makes some noise and let us hear it!

exclaim Upcoming Events

Not having collaborated with anyone yet, but having heard a great deal of positive feedback from the first screening, Join us for another!!

I'd like to watch Who is Peter Joseph? this time (obviously i'm going through just the films I have posted at the moment, lol) if anything just for myself to see it again. I feel it was a really great interview for anyone who is unsure about just who exactly the man is behind not only the films, but the guy that actually had the balls enough to bring about an entire movement! Love him or hate him, it doesn't matter, lets watch and see where exactly all this has come from. So...

question Who~ You and your friends!
question What~ Screening Who is Peter Joseph?
question Where~ Here arrow Gaia VJ
question When~ Sat. Dec. 4th @ 2000 Central (USA) time

And of course I'll make a seperate post for this as well.

oOoOoOoOo

Well, thats it for this installment. I hope you've all been well and doing your best to get the word out about TVP! Just remember, we're getting there...one step at a time!

~Tyrae Clouds, TZMGaia Captain  

TyraeKlouds
Captain

5,850 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Contributor 150

TyraeKlouds
Captain

5,850 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:44 pm
TZM Gaia

News ~ Dec. 16th, 2010

Heyas!!

Holy criminy it's been too long! Ok so, so much for setting a good example of keeping things rolling! I've actually been extraordinarily busy with the IL Chapter like I mentioned in the last Newsletter. I've taken up the Webmaster role and, sheesh what a mess! Here is what I've been workin on though if you're interested...

Old IL site: http://chapters.thezeitgeistmovement.com/il/

New IL site: http://www.TZMIllinois.org

Just look at the difference in URL even; soooooo much better! By all means, browse around and let me know what you think!! I've built websites in the past, no big deal, but to be a 'webmaster' is such a whole other realm! I've learned a lot, we'll just leave it at that.

Ok, so! A LOT has been going on in the movement lately!! Has Anyone been keeping up??

exclaim Latest Events

arrow First up, some crazy awesome conversations right here on Gaia! Old news to some of you but, take a look at these Threads!

A conversation on TZM & TVP ~ NOT Zeitgeist: The Movie!!!

What do you think of World hunger?

Mad F'n props to Bardock89 for hoppin in and really helping out in that first thread. Blind Guardian the 2nd seems to be an extremely brilliant individual but, i'm afraid we've hit a case where that individual just doesn't want to do any further searching. This, you'll find, will happen a lot. People tend to project their own opinions upon the movement and thus The Venus Project without researching it at all; regardless of how intelligent you may be or how many PHDs you have.

arrow So, earlier you might recall I mentioned the new ZeitNews website, yeah? Well, guess what...it whent live!!!

This site is just simply damn amazing. I tend to think i'm pretty technologically savvy. I keep up with the blogs and whatnot; readin the science magazines and all that but...theres stuff on this site that I've never even seen before and it's amazing! Please, browse around and do some reading, it's intense!

arrow On Dec. 15th (Yesterday), a few good peeps in the movement tried to organize a Twitter Trending Event. It wasn't too huge of a success but, like one of the last posts there in the forums says, it was a "learning experience". Personally I'll be advertising it here next time (oops) and hopefully we'll do even better. What do you guys think, a Twitter account for TZMGaia? This reminds me, anyone want to take up creating a TZM Gaia FaceBook page? PM me and let me know!

arrow Federico, the Italian Chapter coordinator, has taken it upon himself to create an official Blog for the Zeitgeist Movement. You can direct your RSS here: idea

arrow And last but, not least, Look how many opening events there are!!!

So, are there any showings in your area? Are you going??

exclaim Upcoming Events

Nothing planned at the moment but, stay tuned! We'll be getting back to movie screenings and more forum threads soon.

oOoOoOoOo

Well I think i'll call it right there for now. Now that the site is complete, you guys will be seeing a LOT more of me here on Gaia! I do apologize again for being away for so long but, hey, I warned ya!

Happy holidays and blah blah,

~Tyrae Clouds, TZMGaia Captain  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:47 pm
Peter Joseph Interview About Zeitgeist: Moving Forward

A great great great interview, check this out.  

TyraeKlouds
Captain

5,850 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Contributor 150

TyraeKlouds
Captain

5,850 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:39 pm
Peter Joseph's latest radio address!

1/26/11 - Peter Joseph Radio Show: Quick Update

Description: The Zeitgeist Movement Weekly Report with Peter Joseph The Zeitgeist Movement Weekly Report with Peter Joseph. This Weekly broadcast discusses the developments and aims of The Zeitgeist Movement & The Venus Project; Organizations dedicated to creating a self-sustaining, abundant world. www.thezeitgeistmovement.com www.thevenusproject.com  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:36 pm
The movie is up!!!

Streaming on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Z9WVZddH9w

Download: http://vodo.net/zeitgeist

Please please please feel free to download and burn and pass out and share with friends, family, strangers, EVERYONE! lol.

... check this out...It was put on YouTube on the 26th of Jan...it has now 2,200,000 views!!!

Sharleen Global Release Coordinator

Bravo to the Movement!!

*UPDATE:
I'm happy to report that "Zeitgeist: Moving Forward" is a wild success and
turned into an unprecedented film release premiere. What started as a
thought of having maybe 30 total theaters screening the film instead turned
into 30 languages alone with a total count of 335 theaters in 60 countries,
and still growing daily! With multiple screenings at most of the 335
theaters, our total number of screenings is well over 1,000 world-wide. The
response to the film has been huge... reports coming in of sold-out crowds
in venues ranging upwards of 500-900 seat capacity.

With only minimal feedback so far, here are some noteworthy examples of the
global impact of ZMF. In Vancouver, Canada they booked an 820 seat theater
but had about 2,000 people show up! Ryan, the coordinator, had to turn
hundreds away and fortunately was able to secure another 700 seat venue for
a few days later. In Serbia, the coordinator Milan, had a 400 seat theater
overflowing with people, many people sitting on the floor and in the
aisles! They "had" to book additional screenings to meet the demand. Bruno
from Brazil is reporting over capacity crowds and booked new screenings in
larger venues. Natalija, the Croatian coordinator, had sell out crowds
with professors, scientists and media in attendance and requests to
interview her. Stefan in Denmark and Seth in the Netherlands have both had
press and public screenings that included former members of Parliament,
scientists and professors as well as media with interviews. In Russia, the
theaters finally caught the buzz about the film and have agreed to screen
in 2 theaters, which were virtually impossible to secure before.

South Africa had overflow capacity and booked additional screenings. Rishi
from India, has reported our largest venue at 2,000 seats at Goa
University. Malak, our Palestinian coordinator, will be screening at the
Ebdaa' Institution at the Al-Dehesha Refugee Camp in the West Bank.
Federico, the Italian coordinator, had arguably the biggest TV celebrity in
Italy, Paolo Bonolis, attend the Rome screening and publicly express his
love for ZMF. He wants to dedicate an episode of his programme, "Il senso
della vita", to the Zeitgeist Movement. His show reached up to 8 million
viewers and is among the most watched in Italy. Dozens of broadcasting
requests have come in for post Jan 25th television broadcast, as well as
film festival interest.

The Los Angeles premiere hosted by Artivist Film Festival on Jan. 15th was
a big hit with a sell out crowd of 845! There was audience applause
throughout the film and a standing ovation at the end. Michael Ruppert was
in attendance and Lili Haydn, whose music was featured in parts of ZMF, as
well as noteworthy progressives. LA's most popular independent radio
station KPFK was filming the event and interviewed Peter and guests.
Artivist filmed the Q & A with Peter and that will be available online
soon.

This has developed to possibly be the largest independent global theatrical
premiere, covering the most languages, countries and locations. The movie
and the movement are on the global radar now and your efforts are a huge
part of this success!

EDIT: ... weird...why isn't the stuffs working?  

TyraeKlouds
Captain

5,850 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Contributor 150
TZM Gaia

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers