Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Weight Loss Diaries and Journals
I can do this... Kk's Journal ((edit)) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Baddicus B itch

Sparkly Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:07 pm
laurenwithoutsound
Yeah, we all have different bodies, and all our bodies our beautiful n.n Super skinny is just how your friend is meant to be. It's silly to try and live up to someone else. Loving yourself is so much more important in the long run :3
Yeah smile Thanks.. If I can ask, how old are you? ^^; you're really smart...  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:47 pm
I turn 19 in November. But I've been through a lot. sweatdrop  

pigeonsoup

Baddicus B itch

Sparkly Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:51 pm
Ah, I can tell.. Does it take long to start losing weight?  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:57 pm
Sometimes yes, sometimes no. It's just down to whatever your body does. If you have a slower metabolism you might lose weight slower, I think. And I know at your age it was pretty much impossible for me to lose weight no matter what I did, but as I got older it got a little easier. I tend to lose a pound every two weeks or so unless I really push myself, but I try to stick with a routine that I can actually maintain without being miserable haha.  

pigeonsoup

Baddicus B itch

Sparkly Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:10 pm
Ah, alright, thanks a lot ^^  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:55 am
Day 3 9/23/2010

I stayed home from school today. I got my bottom braces on today, and I'm sorer than when I got my tops on.. So it hurts to talk or open my mouth, and I didn't want to be miserable at school. Maybe it was a bad choice, seeing how I need to readjust to my trumpet.. But oh well, too late now.

Woke up: 10:20. I took painkillers at like, 5 am.

Breakfast: Nutella on whole wheat bread((if I can eat it)), with yogurt.

Lunch: Strawberry yogurt smoothie. I literally tore apart my breakfast, and my teeth hurt like hell. So, I took some milk, juice from an orange, strawberries, yoplait yogurt, and a bit of honey, and blended it.

Dinner: Not sure yet.

Exercise: I'm going to do it later today, but right now, thanks to the meds, I see circles and stars when I stand up straight....

Baddicus B itch

Sparkly Sex Symbol

pigeonsoup

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:56 am
Ouchhh, trumpet and new braces. I'd save the readjusting for when you're not sore anymore D:  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:23 am
laurenwithoutsound
Ouchhh, trumpet and new braces. I'd save the readjusting for when you're not sore anymore D:
Ah... :/ We have a game to play at tomorrow, and then a big saturday thing..  

Baddicus B itch

Sparkly Sex Symbol

Munkers

6,300 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:17 pm
Kk_the_cynical
Oh, alright. I thought it was bad to eat too much protein, and I felt like I was eating too much of it..

Too much protein can be a problem for your kidneys, but the amount that you'd have to consume to get into trouble is pretty much only possible if you were consuming a diet with heavy portions of meat at every meal and supplementing with tons of protein powder, etc. Basically, you'd have to try really hard to actually get too much. You'll probably be sick of meat way before you've actually eaten enough to cause yourself harm. And seeing as how you're 14 and still growing, your body definitely needs protein to keep building lean body tissue.

Like Lauren already said, at this point it's going to be more beneficial to you if you can just establish good fitness routine and learn about making healthy food choices. For example, even if you have to eat lunch at the school cafeteria, try to find a fruit or vegetable side dish instead of the french fries and limit the fries to a few times a week instead of every day. Or start bringing your lunch to school so that you have more control over what you're putting into your body.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:58 am
Munkers
Kk_the_cynical
Oh, alright. I thought it was bad to eat too much protein, and I felt like I was eating too much of it..

Too much protein can be a problem for your kidneys, but the amount that you'd have to consume to get into trouble is pretty much only possible if you were consuming a diet with heavy portions of meat at every meal and supplementing with tons of protein powder, etc. Basically, you'd have to try really hard to actually get too much. You'll probably be sick of meat way before you've actually eaten enough to cause yourself harm. And seeing as how you're 14 and still growing, your body definitely needs protein to keep building lean body tissue.

Like Lauren already said, at this point it's going to be more beneficial to you if you can just establish good fitness routine and learn about making healthy food choices. For example, even if you have to eat lunch at the school cafeteria, try to find a fruit or vegetable side dish instead of the french fries and limit the fries to a few times a week instead of every day. Or start bringing your lunch to school so that you have more control over what you're putting into your body.
Alright, thank you ^^  

Baddicus B itch

Sparkly Sex Symbol

Baddicus B itch

Sparkly Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:03 am
Day 4 9/24/2010

Breakfast: Pepperoni Pizza lean pocket, milk

Lunch: Cafeteria lunch, Pizza and milk

Dinner: Three chicken strips from checkers

Exercise: Marched at a football game. It involved a lot of dancing and movement. Plus, the one hour rehearsal.

I really didn't eat healthfully that day. . . I never really do on fridays, because my dad has to bring my dinner to me at school.
Hven't weighed myself today, but I will...

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:09 am
Day 5 9/25/2010

Breakfast: None. I woke up around ten that morning, and I had to get ready fast.

Lunch: Double cheeseburger with fries. I ordered ssomething healthier than that, but my dad always screws up my orders =.=

Dinner: Cane's again. My grandma drove me home, and forced me to eat something from there...

Exercise: Bandboree today. A lot of marching, and at the end, we went to a dance party for 30 minutes.

Again, it's been bad..... I can't not eat what they give me, or else they'll get angry with me.... I don't know what to do. I'm going to try to get outside for a walk this week. My parents still don't like me going outside for any reason besides getting the mail. Tennis is coming up, but I'm not sure if i'll be doing it, because my mom hasn't scheduled a physical. =.= Which is exactly why I never played and of the sports I wanted when I quit basketball. (Swimming, Boxing, Fencing, Soccer, Volleyball, now tennis.) When I ask her, she yells at me for annoying her. I'm not sure what to do.

Of course, she goes to water aerobics, and wants me to go, but I'm not. It's very embarrising to do in front of parents and kids in a rec pool.

I think I'm becoming more and more depressed like Nozomu from Seyounara Zetsubou Sensei. Maybe it's because my house is full of clutter and my parents fight with me, with my brothers, with each other, and with my other family. I can't help but feel it's my fault. . . Which is one of the reasons why I want to get out more and walk instead of relying on Wii fit. ((I'm seeing more muscles in my arms by using weights, but I figure the real thing will help even more.. Of course, I'm always afraid of making a fool of myself.)) I'm going to try to see the counselor at my school, because I literally feel tears in my eyes when I talk to adults and teachers.. I'm starting to believe it's because of my parents yelling at me for asking them to but more healthy stuff at the store, and basically just asking to do anything. I also need to go to my doctor... But of course, I can't move my mom, so, maybe it will be a while.

Baddicus B itch

Sparkly Sex Symbol

Baddicus B itch

Sparkly Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 6:06 pm
Day 6 6/26/2010

Breakfast: A banana and half a glass of milk

Lunch: Nothing.

Dinner: Oriental walnut chicken with mashed potatoes and a salad. My great grandmother cooks every sunday, so I usually wind up skipping at least one meal.

Exercise: Weights: shake weights, 1 lb weights, and 10 lb weights. I lifted them while jogging in place for ten minutes. Exercise band: Used it for at least 11 minutes. Sit-ups: Fifty. 6 Torso twists. I also cleaned up my room.

My weight today: 141 lbs.

Sundays seem to be my depressed day. . . And my monthly gift coming yesterday didn't help. I've been upset most of the day, so I did less, in my opinion. My mood will probably improve within the next day.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:29 pm
Hang in there - you definitely have good ideas for improving your health, and it's not your fault if your family doesn't like them. If you can get to a doctor, it would be a good idea to have your doctor talk to other family members about health problems that can result from their current lifestyles. You might also consider renting "Super Size Me" and getting your family to watch it (and cut back on the fast food).
Hope your marching band events went well despite the braces!  

Euthanasia Phase

Baddicus B itch

Sparkly Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:42 pm
Hysterisches Zyanid
Hang in there - you definitely have good ideas for improving your health, and it's not your fault if your family doesn't like them. If you can get to a doctor, it would be a good idea to have your doctor talk to other family members about health problems that can result from their current lifestyles. You might also consider renting "Super Size Me" and getting your family to watch it (and cut back on the fast food).
Hope your marching band events went well despite the braces!
That's a good idea :0 I haven't watched it yet... I should, since I don't exactly make the best choices when I do eat out :/
Thanks. It went pretty well. I think I overreacted though sweatdrop Because it didn't affect anything as much as my top braces did.  
Weight Loss Diaries and Journals

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff