Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Weight Loss Diaries and Journals
Dizzy's weight loss journal (feel free to comment) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dizzy Aquarius

Lonely Lunatic

12,350 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Heckler 50
PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:33 am
thats what I thought too... Shrimps are very high in cholesterol so I have been dodging them, and eating things with about 35 mg or less of cholesterol.

so I should be alright.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:49 am
actually, dietary cholesterol doesn't have much of an effect on you're body's cholesterol. however, saturated fat does, which is really high in eggs anyway. egg whites are slightly better. shrimp are pretty good for you though.

pinkcatminht

Dizzy Aquarius

Lonely Lunatic

12,350 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Heckler 50
PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:59 pm
ah well, my doctor advised me to not eat shrimp or most seafoods. Mussles are fine though.

but I am going to reduce sat. Fats too as well as keeping up my lowered sodium. I just dont like sodium much to begin with.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:17 pm
I have been under a bit of stress and losing sleep. Its no ones fault but my own. I have been working hard at MA091A and trying to get in as much homework on time as possible, as well as going to tutoring in the subject, and going to work to get a bit of money. hopefully I will get a better position.

As for my weight, I have been maintaining 229 when I check with all clothes on. so not too bad, but not terribly good either.

My goal for now is to get down to 220 and try and lose another 20 from there.

Last night my dad made a ratatouille again (we do this several times a year during harvest times and in winter.) So I had some for lunch, along with a 16 or 20oz metal water bottle. (I had lots of water) and some beef jerky, a baked potato and some artisan bread. For Breakfast I had 2% milk since Skim seems to hurt my stomach a bit, and Raisin bran. it was Kellogs if you are curious, next time I buy some I am getting Total since its much healthier and I am going to make some muffins like what my grandmother used to make so I can have some running food for school and work.  

Dizzy Aquarius

Lonely Lunatic

12,350 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Heckler 50

Dizzy Aquarius

Lonely Lunatic

12,350 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Heckler 50
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:47 pm
Alright lately I had something that is to die for!

Morningstar farms: buffalo wings. these are really yummy and taste a lot like chicken. yes it is high in sodium but when I don't eat a lot in the day these do help and they were on sale recently at my store.

My mom also got me some lentil soup and some veggie burgers.

I am going to be taking up archery again, since I have a passion for it and my mom has a friend who will sell her a bow and a quiver with arrows. Also they are going to teach me to use them and I will probably wind up doing some horse back riding as well soon.
I have been studying Tai chi outside of work and school and practicing. I pretty much pretend I am a water bender seeing how the moves are very similar.

I have been maintaining my weight at 229 a bit but I am hoping to go down 5 more lbs in the next few weeks. I drank a little wine tonight. not a normal sized glass mind you, and it was 2007 Australian Shiraz. I only allow myself a glass of wine once in a while as the alcohol makes me very drowsy and I am weak to wine.

but I am at least maintaining and not gaining at all. but I am not losing right now. which isnt good but its not bad either. So I am hoping if I can keep drinking water and eating lots of veggies and being careful which cheese to eat, I should do alright.

oh I also had a few sardines in oil and lightly salted. I know sardines are good too, cause they have omega 3 and other good stuff in them.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:10 pm
so far I havent eaten a thing today. Mainly cause I woke up late, and I didnt have time to grab any food for later. seriously. my dad took me to school and he was in a hurry to get there too. I didnt ask for him to take me to school but he got me there an hour early.

I have money for a wrestling show tomorrow night but I dont really have a lot of money for food today. So I am gonna deal with it. I know its not healthy but I dont do this everyday, its only today and I am gonna leave school a little early today, and I am gonna get food at home since I dont want to waste my money for bad food at school when I can easily make a few veggie burgers at home.  

Dizzy Aquarius

Lonely Lunatic

12,350 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Heckler 50

Dizzy Aquarius

Lonely Lunatic

12,350 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Heckler 50
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:20 pm
As of last night, I am down to 225! from 240 and am now 225! so lets hope I can maintain this and go a little lower. I feel great knowing my weight is going down again and I will someday be beautiful again and still look as young as 15, when I am older than that.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:51 pm
Earlier I bought some apples, and some vanilla almond milk.

I have lost about 15 lbs so far and its rising a little but its not going over the 5 lbs. so its fluctuating a bit, which means I probably need to do some more activities and stop forgetting to eat meals. I sometimes dont eat until I come home at 4pm or later and I feel starved. which is really bad.

Today I bought some raisin oatmeal since I was low on my normal oatmeal and I had to get some apples because I dont like gala and I like Red delicious or granny smith. I also had to get some flat breads for sandwiches/burgers so I could keep eating salmon burgers and veggie burgers. these salmon burgers are delicious if anyone was wondering.

but I only eat about 1 a day.  

Dizzy Aquarius

Lonely Lunatic

12,350 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Heckler 50

Sunsway

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:27 pm
Congrats! 15 lbs is pretty awesome. A real benchmark. But you don't need to look like a stick-thin 15-year-old to be beautiful -- that's an intristic quality, like confidence. You just have to feel it. smile Just celebrate your successes, build on them, it'll take you there.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:15 pm
so far I'm still staying at 225 and I am very happy with it. And thanks, it really makes me proud that I lost 15 lbs and hopefully I can lose another 25 in the future. if I can at least be 150 again I should be fine for a long time.

that is my all time goal for now, but for the closer to home goal, I am aiming for 200.

but I have been eating less lately too. Today my friends cooked me some dinner and I had less than I normally see myself eating. Sure I had hamburger meat and some bad Cholesterol but I wasnt able to eat a lot of it, and I do walk a lot every day. We played wii together and nerf war. Also I had a lot of fiber this morning. I had oatmeal and Fiver one pancakes which I dont approve of due to the ingredients in the batter but at least I was full on fiber for the day, and had lots of water.  

Dizzy Aquarius

Lonely Lunatic

12,350 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Heckler 50

Euthanasia Phase

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:38 pm
Congrats on your progress! Your approach is very reasonable and realistic. If you're not counting points or calories, it's good to know when you're actually hungry and when you feel like eating or are stressed, etc. The "reasonable" approach is actually better in some ways because life doesn't always give you nutrition facts for everything. What you've mentioned about not skipping meals is also important - in general it's not a good idea to wait until you're really starving.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:27 am
yeah nd I really lose focus in class when I dont eat something that will stick with me a few hours. the only issue is I dont always have time to grab my lunch nor do I always have time to stop and eat, I have to run from one class to the next and I dont get to really eat, i have about 3-5 mins to wolf down a bag of chips or an apple and to me that isnt enough, I need water, apple, and a sandwich or carrots. but I havent had the time to make it at night and place it in the fridge.

and when I go to work I dont take much with me cause I am just gonna eat when I get home but I dont let myself overdo it like I used to. I grab a fish burger, some almond milk (which I love now! only vanilla flavor, its like honey milk but less calories and less fat and cholesterol)

EArlier I did a fun physical activity, my friends and I had a nerf war, they have a collection of NERF guns and we fought each other and did that for about an hour or two and kept playing around.

for me, I have the heart (literally) of a child and thus I have to keep playing and doing fun games like Kickball and kite flying, or NERF WAR Tag, nad the like. Also those activities keep me from stressing myself too much, which I have noticed makes me plateau a lot when losing weight.

A few years back I lost a lot of weight at a weight loss camp. EVERYTHING they had there was sodium filled and full of fake sugars. Sure they had that fiber induced cereal before fiber 1 hit the scene, but at the same time I kept feeling depression and massive pains internally. I couldnt figure out why, I later learned it was from the fake sugars. Fiber isnt too bad but it makes me flatulent, which bothers me. I dont like farting 18 times a day while at work.

I do miss being a size 12 or 10 but I will get there again someday.

I also did Jenny Craig for a while, long before I knew Sodium and all that fun stuff. Sodium you have become my arch nemisis as have you, Mono-sodium Glutamate. and Hydrogenated oils... I really cant win with them and High fructose corn syrup.
With Jenny Craig I noticed with the Red tide/Aunt flow I went up or retained water. now I am on my own not dieting, but eating smart, none of that happens! I dont hurt myself with my way of eating, and I always keep in mind to look at the expiration date of food. My mom never does.  

Dizzy Aquarius

Lonely Lunatic

12,350 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Heckler 50

Dizzy Aquarius

Lonely Lunatic

12,350 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Heckler 50
PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:05 pm
Well my weight has gone up so I think maybe its time I ran a little or did some jumping jacks. or I might ahve to keep riding my bike a lot of places. Also it might be due to my having eaten a few bad things this week, and a lot of sodium. So now that I am home I am working hard at not eating any. I had some peter pan peanut butter today. (yuck) I am very used to eating organic peanut butter, peanuts and salt, not this crap with less calories that is all chemicals.

but I did walk a lot today and I am gonna get myself back to 225 again! swear it and I will make sure I can see 225 again not 230 not 231, 225! and I will slowly make it go lower. to 220 again and see if I can hold it. I am not giving this battle up. like in dodgeball when Lance Armstrong got Vince Vaughn's character to not quit, and in meet the robinsons "Keep moving forward" I have to keep doing this. Not for beauty not because I want to, not to impress my boyfriend, no, this is for Me to live longer and to be healthy. This is to get my Cholesterol down. I will NOT have a heart attack by age 30 and diabetes. I am a strong willed person. I admit I am lazy but this will not keep going.

I did have some rice noodles earlier, however, I did not add anything to them except lemon, a little sugar so it wouldnt be so sour, and some curry, as well as a little chili powder. I have been eating some ice cream lately but its breyers, and I will be decreasing it bit by bit every night so I dont consume gobs and gobs and lately I cant even eat all the ice cream I have been eating. I will find a cheap ice cream scoop soon so I can portion it out and use it for a nice size scoop.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:33 pm
I have been maintaining a lot lately which is good. I'm not gaining at all, and I have been sticking my regimen. but I cant say that I get lunch. I almost NEVER have time for it. what I need is to pack a lunch but as I said no time for lunch or stopping and eating. I have to run to my next class and wind up sleeping or unable to work due to hunger. but when I get home I make sure to drink water and if I have any, almond milk. I go through about a gallon of that in one to two weeks.

I have been sticking to eating peppers, fish, fruits, nuts, sometimes meats. I dont eat a lot of meats, but I have discovered Kens light parmesan with lemon and peppercorn. its delicious on my broccoli. but I dont put too much, I put maybe a tablespoon or two. I read the ingredients and its not a bad deal. not too many ingredients and not too much bad stuff. I think I am doing well. I still eat a bowl of oatmeal before I run out the door, even if I am about to get fed by my friend, I gobble up a whole packet of oatmeal and run out the door.  

Dizzy Aquarius

Lonely Lunatic

12,350 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Heckler 50

Dizzy Aquarius

Lonely Lunatic

12,350 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Heckler 50
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:09 am
I had some hand crafted pizza last night with a bunch of friends, and found I cant eat nearly as much of it as I used to be ale to.
Sure it wasnt the healthiest of food but when your pizza is half off and your friends havent seen you in weeks, its a good idea.

Today for Lunch I have store brand wheat mac n cheese, and I ran out of butter so I went with olive oil. its pretty good, a little oily in taste but not bad either way. and I checked the ingredients, there are no hydrogenated oils in it! thats the first I have seen.

I checked my weight this morning after eating pizza with my friends (which is made like Ledo's but hand crafted in a local non chain restaurant/bar) I have only gained one Lb. I am thinking I should walk my dog today and let her take me someplace in my neighborhood.

I have been under a ton of stress lately due to my giving a speech tomorrow, I'm #3 and I am excited yet nervous and my brother and mom have been forcing math upon me when I am trying to do my speech work.  
Weight Loss Diaries and Journals

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff