Dear Mods, Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sournote Blues Bot v.TLS2

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 3:49 pm
Azal_Son of Anubis
This all is really a matter of opinion in the end. I interpret some of the words coming from you two as demeaning. And I also find that firelily is being too much of a prude. But she owns the guild, can kick us out, has her opinion and such. I don't like breaking rules that are necessary or disrespecting others.

This animosity is unecessary. I suggest this thread should be deleted, 2pound and sour discuss this with firelily privately. However, I cant say that the comments expressed by either parties are without rudeness, including mine.

And again...little kids on this site. Im sixteen, M. Cat's twenty. sour and 2pound sound like university students. Firelily i dunno her age. But please who knows who is really at an appropriate age. i joined the site in eighth grade. my sister in sixth.

closing comment: Delete this, 2pound and sour talk in private with capt, fix it, and be done with it. If the capt expells the both of you out it demonstrates immaturity on her part
well i am a pretty good authority on what sournote feels and intends as well on how to use a dictionary so i can safely say i, sournote, showed no animosity (strong dislike) towards firelily nor did I demean her effort just her holier-than-thou attitude.

also age is pretty arbitrary. and deleting this thread is a form of censoring, which i thought you were against.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:52 pm
i was expressing an opinion. deleting this thread will censor more than just 'sexually' offensive material. but, how will the guild captain be able to censor anything that might offend me if her reason for deleting this thread, along with the act of, will offend me?

that's going outside of the box of discussion, though, and it brings up more headaches than i want to deal with.

i would like to apologize if i offended lily for saying this guild is possibly a poser guild. also, i didn't 'demean' anybody; it's just an aside note that states that censoring will probably limit the amount of possible growth in that subject (people may grow up! mature person surprise!). though, again, i'm outside of the box.

right now, the matter at hand is:
firelily3
And why do you need to talk about sexually explicit subjects? Can you not have a nice clean discussion?
why do you need to censor sexually explicit subjects? if beauty through art of poetry can be conveyed with such subjects, why censor? can you not have a 'clean' conscious when thinking and talking about the beauty within a poem that talks about sex?

we're back in the middle ages if you keep it up with this censorship.  

2pound

I Like to Eat Faces

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:55 pm
First and foremost, this is a new guild and I am quite paranoid of it being banned for a silly little thing like the word "sex" or related words being mentioned. I must say that I have not attacked everything that is slightly sexual; I try to read all your guys' posts and give suggestions, comments, warnings, ect. on subjects that I feel need not be discussed in my guild. Art is not just about sex, it does not need to involve sexually explicit details and if you wish to write about such, then do not post it in my guild. It is demeaning to me when you call my actions and posts childish. I apologize if you feel that I am being high-strung, but you did not put hours and thousands of gold into this guild. I have not once called any of you childish or immature; I respect everyone in this guild's opinion, including yours, so please respect mine. You are a new member, and I do not know you well, so I don't know if you meant to offend me or not. I will not remove this thread, because I feel that it is important for everyone in the guild to understand my actions. I do not feel that I am "riding around on a high horse" because I have allowed you to argue this, I have not closed the thread, and I feel it is important that these things should be discussed with the entire guild. I know many other people who would have banned you on the spot for "challenging" them, but I am not like that. I would never ban members for disagreeing with me, which is why you haven’t been banned. However, if you intend to ignore me and post content that I feel is inappropriate, I will be forced to take action.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:39 pm
Let me explain this in terms that you may be able to understand:

She doesn't want anything sexually explicit in this guild because she put a lot of work into it and doesn't want it banned.

Is that clear enough for you?  

Saccharine Cyanide

Tipsy Genius

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:41 pm
Moonbeam_Eclipse

She doesn't want anything sexually explicit in this guild because she put a lot of work into it and doesn't want it banned.

lol thnx u r berry smart lol  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:49 pm
firelily, getting offended because i am new and asked you a question which somehow challanged your "authority" was silly.

further more, thank you for answering my question. so sorry you read to much into it and got offended. that however was your bad.  

Saccharine Cyanide

Tipsy Genius

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:52 pm
Moonbeam_Eclipse

Ah, I see that your response to a legitimate argument is sarcasm. How ironic it is that you were just talking about "immaturity"...  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 6:04 pm
Moonbeam_Eclipse
Moonbeam_Eclipse

Ah, I see that your response to a legitimate argument is sarcasm. How ironic it is that you were just talking about "immaturity"...
lol ok

your copy and paste regurgitation of what firelily said is not an argument. not to mention that that was never the topic of debate, but wether or not sex was "unclean", obscene or taboo and its place in art was.  

I Like to Eat Faces

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 6:12 pm
No, that is not what is being discussed. What is being discussed is why I have chosen to not allow sexually explicit material, and the answer is that because I do not want this guild banned. If you want to post such material, then do not do it in my guild, understood?  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 6:17 pm
Moonbeam_Eclipse
Moonbeam_Eclipse

lol ok

your copy and paste regurgitation of what firelily said is not an argument. not to mention that that was never the topic of debate, but wether or not sex was "unclean", obscene or taboo and its place in art was.

Exactly, I repeated what firelily already mentioned several times, so I don't understand why it's so difficult for you to grasp.

And by my understanding, you asked why the mods why everything sexual is censored. That was the topic of debate, not whether sex is unclean.  

Saccharine Cyanide

Tipsy Genius

I Like to Eat Faces

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 6:20 pm
As far as I see, this conversation is resolved. Please do not continue this topic in another thread.  
Autumn Nights

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff