Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply Music - Related Topics
Evanescence Thread - NOW WITH NEW ALBUM INFO! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sooo... The Open Door?
  CAN'T WAIT!
  Meh.
  What's The Open Door?
View Results

EvFaerAshlynn

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 6:00 pm
LouisCyphre13
deadly_demon
I'm don't like them as much as I used to but when I hear a song I might still sing along a bit ^^

I agree...their songs are catchy just like those god-awful Good Charlotte songs....I'm under the impression that they've sold out on their original purpose of art, but thats just me...I like stuff from their Eternal album as opposed to Fallen. Eternal is much more piano based and more intrumental... I was really big into them until I heard Nightwish...Nightwish totally owns Evanescence......another good female-vocalist band is Within Temptation....not flaming, just being honest *runs away from the pinguins with the spears*
rolleyes My penguins don't have spears, darling, there's no need to worry. While I disagree with those who do not like Evanescence, I respect their opinions. I do not take your comments as flaming. However, if you insult me based on the fact that I am indeed a rather psychotic fan of Evanescence, I will consider that flaming.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 8:36 pm
In my opinion, their only good songs are Everybody's Fool, Field of Innocence, and Breathe No More.  

Syllabic

darkXmoon

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 9:10 pm
Some of you know me pretty well, some of you don't. For those of you that know me..I went to the store, gave the people my credit card, and bought a music CD. For those of you that do not know me, this is very rare for me to do. I download just about every thing I can in my life. The CD is just amazing though,the vocals and strings, the melody's and lyrics, every thing blends so well its breathtaking.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 12:02 pm
[ Quizzical ]
In my opinion, their only good songs are Everybody's Fool, Field of Innocence, and Breathe No More.

WHAT!?!?! I respect your opinion but TOTALLY disagree. I love ALL their songs. the first one i ever heard was missing... i'll never forget that day...  

DemonHunterDonation

DemonHunterDonation

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 12:03 pm
darkXmoon
Some of you know me pretty well, some of you don't. For those of you that know me..I went to the store, gave the people my credit card, and bought a music CD. For those of you that do not know me, this is very rare for me to do. I download just about every thing I can in my life. The CD is just amazing though,the vocals and strings, the melody's and lyrics, every thing blends so well its breathtaking.

YOU BOUGHT A CD?!?!? ITS A ******** MIRACLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! no offense meant... i download like everything, too...  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 10:51 am
Evanescence was one of the very first groups I got into, and Fallen was the first one I bought. However, my favorite song by them is 'Surrender', which isn't on Fallen. x3  

[ - Lyzz Moo - ]

Danthalas

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 8:19 am
I do enjoy Evanescence once in awial, i think my favorite song would be Haunted... because 'Bring me to life' and 'My Immortal' are so majorly over played... it's disgusting.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 10:07 am
i love evanescece becuase they are the only band that can get through to me exclaim  

alone_vamp.wolf

xArashi_chaNx

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 1:52 am
I don't like them neutral  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 12:42 pm
Love 'em.

As for the Nightwish vs Evanescence stuff. I'd vote for Evanescence all the way.

Don't get me wrong, Nightwish is alright. I just like Amy's voice better. ^^; My boyfriend loves Nightwish though. So I have a pretty equal amount of songs from both bands.

Kirree

7,850 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

ceilisidhe

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 6:18 pm
I'm fond of the music but not the videos-they tend to go poorly with the lyrics. Not poorly done, mind you; meanings conveyed and implied don't often coincide.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:24 am
I used to like them more than I do now. Their older stuff is better than the Fallen album in my opinion. October's a really good song.  

Depth And Anger

crazykillercat

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 8:15 pm
I think they're pretty good, not my favorite, but I still like them.
My brother hates Amy Lee, he thinks she sounds like she's been sucking helium, but he just doesn't appreciate soprano voices...  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 5:16 pm
crazykillercat
I think they're pretty good, not my favorite, but I still like them.
My brother hates Amy Lee, he thinks she sounds like she's been sucking helium, but he just doesn't appreciate soprano voices...
He'd die on the high notes she hits in the spiffy intro to live!Bring Me To Life on Anywhere But Home... blaugh *pats Amy on the head*  

EvFaerAshlynn

Spooky Ames

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 6:31 pm
I love Evanescence. My favorite song right now would be Anything For You.
What sucks is my brother is a jerk, and he hates Evanescence, most people I know do. He just says "It's goth, don't become a goth, it's bad," and all this other crud I didn't need to hear. His girlfriend did it too, only she was a little nicer about it. Because just like all other people who don't know about goth, they assume it's "Depressed, slit my wrists, wear black." It's irritating.
Sorry, I went off ranting. But yeah, Evanescence is good.

Music - Related Topics

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff