Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

FairieCorpse624

6,200 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:45 pm
I would prefer a couple to be married before they have sex, but alot of things have changed. :/

So if they aren't married I would say around 19 or 20 at the least...but that's just me.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:58 pm
FairieCorpse624
I would prefer a couple to be married before they have sex, but a lot of things have changed. :/

So if they aren't married I would say around 19 or 20 at the least...but that's just me.

^ This.
I fixed your grammar mistake, by the way. :B

Adrenaline End

The Doctors 1 Companion

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:48 pm
I know A LOT of people will disagree with me on this but I believe you should wait until marriage. I believe that when you are intimate with someone you give them a part of you. If when you do get married and you say I want to give you everything I am. Well If you slept with someone before it's like giving them an apple that has bites taken out of it. Every bite is a past sexual partner. Every time you give your self away to someone the gift of your body is lessened. I have not slept with anyone and plan on keeping it that way till I get married. By this I am telling my husband: Here I give you all I am.I have waited for you all my life to share with you this special gift.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:51 pm
i think the best age for sex is the age when you fall in love.
that's why they call it making love.
am i right?

still a virgin.  

AThousandLullabies

5,650 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300

flauterfli

Gekko

3,700 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:36 pm
In general I'd say wait until one is mature enough to cope with it while still being able to focus on studies/work/friends.
Most high schoolers really aren't.
I'm a senior and I certainly couldn't handle it.
My uber sexy boyfriend is distracting enough. o-o
I can't imagine how much my grades will slip if we were sexually active. Bahahaa.
ALSO; no regrets.
I don't want to lose my virginity and look back on it with guilt.
I want to be totally assured that it was with the right person at the right time.

My boyfriend and I are abstaining until marriage.
Yeah, it's freaking hard. We've nearly slipped quite a few times.
But, overall, it'll be worth the wait.

SO BASICALLY it's more or less a personal choice.
I'd encourage waiting until marriage to 100% prevent unwanted pregnancy and STD's but ya know...it's not like I'd entirely blame anyone for having premarital sex.
It's not easy.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:11 pm
Well i don't think it should be based on age although i must say it would be better if you were older than 18 to prevent being a young teenage mother. My mom thinks that sex,or losing your virginity,you should at least be married. I,however,disagree. I don't want to feel young and foolish and not know what i'm doing when trying to,attempt,to do it. This is the reason i refuse to have a purity ring,my mom is disappointed in me. But i actually want to know what i'm doing. This may sound like a stupid reason but i don't want to..i dunno..be a disapointment while doing it. Or attempting.
But i won't,and i don't think any other girl should,give up their virginity to someone they do not love. Virginity is rare nowadays..  

Moxcella

6,550 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Hygienic 200

Centipedes In Utero

Shameless Streaker

10,900 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:18 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

It's unrealistic to expect or want people to wait for marriage. I used to think people who waited only got married to have sex, ha. That's how they make it sound, anyway. I believe people should have sex when they're ready for it, not because everyone else is doing it, or just caving into peer pressure. I think an ideal age would be around 16 or so.

I'm involuntarily celibate and "waiting for marriage" certainly doesn't apply to me.

User Image

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:31 pm
You straight girls and your privilege. You can say 'wait until marriage' because you have the ability to get married anytime, anywhere. If I decided that it was best to wait until marriage, I'd have to wait for laws to change or travel to another state. mad

I don't think you can apply any age across the board. Some people are mature enough for sex at an earlier or later age than others, and some people will never be sexually mature. Have sex when you and your partner are both ready.

EDIT: Also involuntarily celibate.  

Zephyrkitty

Beloved Lunatic

9,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200

xukshia

Conservative Genius

32,750 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Firestarter 200
PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:20 pm
In my opinion, the age range of 20 is a good time to have sex. You've developed to be more intelligent and know what's going on in the world around you.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:53 pm
Personally, I think the right age for sex is when the couple can fully comprehend what they're doing and the possible consequences that might come along with it. However, I really don't approve of kids having sex if they're under 15... get some sort of maturity going on, even if it's just a smidge.

If a person wants to wait until after marriage to have sex, good for them, but I think if a person is mature enough to know what they're doing, then... it's pretty much their own business, not mine~  

MightyWonderWoman

5,350 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Denkou Soshiatae

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 1:06 pm
Okay lets face it girls:
Noone is exactly the same.

Some people will be ready when they are 15. Some will be ready when they are 30. Me and my boyfriend have been talking a lot lately. We will have been dating for 11 months tomorow. We know that we deffinately want to be able to share something like that, becuase we are both virgins. We have litteraly spoken for hours on end about the ifs, whens, hows, and buts of sex. We have also discussed birth control, what to do if it fails, and things like that. Me and him are completely on the same page about it. We love each other.

But that is just me. There are people who will wait for marriage, and that is their choice. There are also people who will do it the first chance they get. i have had the chance to do it a few times in the past, but I refused- it didn't feel right.

Just wait until YOU feel ready. Wait until you know you want it, and can handle it.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 5:36 pm
I don't think it should have anything to do with age (or marital status).

When you and your partner are both personally ready to have sex and you know how to properly protect yourself, I think it's all great.
However, I don't really care either way, since it isn't my life, nor will it seriously affect me.  

Traumatized Dollie

Eclairsu

Eclairsu

Princess Kitten

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 5:48 pm
Traumatized Dollie
I don't think it should have anything to do with age (or marital status).

When you and your partner are both personally ready to have sex and you know how to properly protect yourself, I think it's all great.
However, I don't really care either way, since it isn't my life, nor will it seriously affect me.

My same thoughts exactly.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:29 pm
Personally, I think that the "right age", if there is such a thing, is when the two people are able to make the informed decision, know to use necessary protections, and can deal with the consequences should the protections fail.  

Sophisticated Simplicity

Greedy Cat

gas powered stick

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:42 pm

█████████ M O N O C H R O M E M O N S T E R ██████████

Mmm... I thought I'd already posted in this thread. :/ I guess not! Lol.

But, in my opinion, the right age for sex is when you completely know the person you're going to have sex with. I'd say that the right age is when you get married, but even then, you don't always know who your husband may be. He might have different intentions than you may do. For all you know, he could have STDs. I think that as long as you trust your partner, you're ready for it, and you use protection, I think there is no specific age, really.

Obviously this does not mean that it's okay for 13 years old to have sex. I think at this age, teens are too immature to know what and what not to do. (I'm 13, so I should know this. Haha.)

20. ✿ - - - Debating

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff