Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Weight Loss Diaries and Journals
Menu, Movement and Mind- a Health Journal. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sunsway

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 5:57 am
I was 9 when I moved to the US. It was pretty interesting but I was sooo shy because of my accent. x_x But I feel very fortunate to live in Australia (I've got my citizenship! Whee!) -- I don't think I would have had the same opportunities in Ukraine.

Nevertheless I'm jealous of Queensland because you have trees (Perth has bushes). wink I definitely miss that. And snow. And autumn.

Oh! And you have that Tae Kwon Do tournament this week, right? =D Do you actually get to fight other people?  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:11 am

Time: 8.29pm
Feeling: Slightly tired.
Reading l Listening to: Datarock l Watching

Naw, I think accents are awesome.

Queensland has bush too. Haha. I've never seen snow. What is it like?

And yes, Well, it depends. If I decide to enter sparring, it's a little like fighting, but only very light contact, if any at all. And it's all based on points, with a lot more restirctions on techniques you can throw, than regular sparring.

What we're working on is a group demonstration, which is mostly a rehearsed self-defence scenario that displays a lot of unique take-downs, locks, ect.

Monday. Ninth of August, Twenty-Ten.

So, I don't have a set of digital scales. Only old analogue ones. But it appears that I've lost approximately half a kilogram. Which is good, yet, another reminder that I should get some digital scales.

I'm definitely not proud of how much I ate on Saturday night when I went out to dinner. It was a buffett, and I went...well... overboard on the desert. Still, I was surprised to find that I hadn't gained any weight as a result. I did enjoy the food, however, and can safely say I don't plan on pigging out like that again any time soon.

Decided to start recording what I eat each day, because that alone isn't time-consuming. Calorie counting, however, I don't think I can manage to do everyday.

There are two pupil-free days this week, so I'm not going to start a day-to-day plan next week, which is also when I start my running. I'm going to post a rough plan this week, and see how it goes next week when it comes to following it. Will probably end up adding, changing and tweaking things as I go along.

Food, Glorious Food

Morning:
- One Bananna
- One kiwi-fruit

Afternoon:
- One bowl of ceral with a little bit of low-fat milk.
- One sliced apple
- One tub 175g tub of Berry Bliss yoghurt
- One mandereine

Evening:

- Pork stirfry with carrots, mushrooms, onions, brocoli and snow-peas.

Drinks
- Two cups of Green Tea
- One cup of coffee with milk and two sugars
- Water

Excercise
-Sparkpeople Cardio Kick-boxing: 10 minutes.
-The cardio and strength segment of an online full-body workout video: 30 minutes.  

United Paper People

United Paper People

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:20 am

Time: 8.57pm
Feeling: Chillaxed
Reading: My emails l Listening to l Watching

Tuesday. Tenth of August, Twenty-Ten.

Ate way too large a serving at dinner just then. I really have to stop doing that. I think I have serious problems in terms of will-power. And I ahve a horrible tendency to over-eat when I get home from Tae Kwon Do, which I think is because I'm eating later.

On a lighter note I have the day off tomorrow. And on an even better note, I'm done with all the stress of editing for FTV. So I can start getting more sleep.

Food, Glorious Food

Morning:
- One Mango
- One Kiwi-Fruit
- One 'fun-sized' cherrie ripe confused

Afternoon:
- One sandwhich, with avocado, lettuce, light cheese, beetroot, tomato and mayonaise on multi-grain bread.
- One 175g tub of Strawberry yoghurt
- One manderin
- One apple

Evening:

Four spiced chicken legs, pasta spirals with red sauce and three slices of garlic bread

Drinks
- Two cups of Green Tea
- Water

Excercise
Cardio: 30 minutes (Started to do this but ran out of time and had to get the bus to school)
- Zumba Videos: 40 minutes
- Cool-down: 10 Minutes
- Tae Kwon Do: 2 hours  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:51 pm

Time: 4.00pm
Feeling: Sleepy, but otherwise good.
Reading l Listening to: The Radio l Watching

Had yesterday off, again.

Wednesday.Eleventh of August, Twenty-Ten.

Food, Glorious Food

Morning:
- One bowl of guardian cereal with light milk, topped with sliced bannana.

Afternoon:
- Subway: 6'' ham sub, with lettuce, tomato, onion, carrot, cucumber, old english cheese and mayonaise on Italian Herbs and Cheese Bread.
- Five starburst lollies.

Evening:

- Two spiced chicken legs and some mixed vegetables (frozen), snow-peas and mushroom added to a small serving of pasta with

Drinks
- Five cups of Green Tea
- Water

Excercise
- Cool-down: 10 Minutes
-Full-body workout video: 50 minutes
- DDR (does this count?) - Wasn't watching the time. Probably just somewhere between ten and twenty minutes.

Thursday.Twlefth of August, Twenty-Ten.

I know I'm still not getting enough sleep, and after reading the article in the thread about sleep derivation and weight, I've been trying to pay more attention to it. I think I'll take a nap before Tae Kwon Do, because I feel like a zombie at the moment.

Food, Glorious Food

Morning:
- One banana
- One apple

Afternoon:
- One sandwhich, with avocado, lettuce, light cheese, beetroot, tomato and mayonaise on multi-grain bread.
- One 175g tub of Strawberry yoghurt
- One pear

Evening:
Steak and roasted vegetables (potato, pumpkin, carrot and onion), steamed brocoli and gravy (gravok mix).

Drinks
- One cup of coffee with milk and two sugars.
- Water
- Four cups of Green Tea

Excercise
- Cadio: 30 minutes
- Walk home: 30 minutes
- Tae Kwon Do: Two Hours  

United Paper People

United Paper People

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:42 am
Friday. Thirteenth of August, Twenty-Ten.

Food, Glorious Food

Morning:
- One manderin
- One apple

Afternoon:
- One sandwhich, with avocado, lettuce, light cheese, tomato and mayonaise on multi-grain bread.
- One tub of Forrest Berry Yoghurt
- One strawberry
- A couple of slices of a permisson (wanted to try one... not that keen on them)

Evening:

-Three slices of pizza (one 'Meat-lovers', one hawaian and one Vegetarian)
- Small serving of brocoli and snow-peas, with gravy

Drinks
- Four cups of Green Tea
- Two glasses of Coke Zero
- One cup of coffee
- Water

Excercise
- Cardio: 30 minutes
- Tae Kwon Do demonstration practice: One Hour  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:47 am

Time: 10:33pm
Feeling: Fantastic
Reading: The Book Theif by Markus Zusak l Listening to l Watching

Saturday. Fourteenth of August, Twenty-Ten.

Alright, I had a novel-length post about the tournament, how it went, and why it went the way it did, but some sort or error occured when I posted it, and long story short... I lost it.

But I'll just summerize instead. I eneded up comming second in patterns, although there were only three people in the Senior Girl's Division.

There were only two demonstrations, and the other team won by one point. We were told though, that this was after two points were deducted from us for breaching a rule we'd overlooked. There was a limit of one black-belt per team. We had our co-instructor, and although he only played the minor role of holding bags and attacking for our self-defence segment, our instuctor was technically involved. So those two points made all the difference, and it was very close.

I'm still proud of today, especially of our demo. The other team were amazing to watch.

I also got to catch up with my awesome friend from another club, and added the woman who placed third in sparring, on Facebook. :3

Food, Glorious Food

Morning:
- One bowl of Guardian Cereal
- One banana, sliced
- One apple, sliced

Afternoon:
- One peice of multi-grain toast, with butter
- One cup of dutch-curry soup
- One pear

Evening:

- Two salted peanuts
- Filet Mingnon, barbequed potato slices, brocolli, pumpkin, and dianne sauce

Drinks
- Three cups of Green Tea
- Water

Excercise
-Tournament sparring  

United Paper People

United Paper People

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 4:47 am

Time: 9:40pm
Feeling: Tired
Reading: l Listening to: T. Rex l Watching

Sunday. Fourteenth of August, Twenty-Ten.

Had a good day. Looking forward to next week, for a number of reasons.

Food, Glorious Food

Morning:
- One bowl of Guardian Cereal
- One banana, sliced

Afternoon:
- One slice of multi-grain toast, with avocado
- One tub of Berry Bliss yoghurt

Evening:

- Three spiced chicken legs
- Small serving of pasta and red sauce
- Lettuce, a couple of slices of tomato, beetroot, grated carrot and some snow-peas

Drinks
- Water

Excercise
- Yoga Booty Ballet: Cardio Caboret: 36 minutes
- Yoga Booty Ballet: Hip-Hop Abs: 40 minutes  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:23 am

Time: 8:26pm
Feeling: Sidetracked
Reading: l Listening to: l Watching: The Beginning of The Twist by Futurheads

Monday. Sixteenth of August, Twenty-Ten.

Accidentally set my alarm an hour later, so I slept in a bit too late to excercise this morning. Which is why I decided to walk to school. Trying to get stuck into some assignment work at the moment. Also glad that I'm starting to drink a lot more water. And... I start my running tomorrow morning.

Food, Glorious Food

Morning:
- One manderin
- One apple

Afternoon:
- One sandwhich, with avocado, lettuce, light cheese, tomato and mayonaise on multi-grain bread.
- One tub of Forrest Berry Yoghurt
- Taste (very small peice) of my friend's mum's home-made bread
- One apple

Evening:

- Pasta spirals with red sauce
- Meetballs
- One peice of garlic bread

Drinks
- One cup of coffee, with milk and two sugars
- Water

Excercise
- Walk to school: 35 minutes
- Walk home: 35 minutes
- Yoga Booty Balley- Hip Hop Abs: 45 minutes  

United Paper People

United Paper People

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:54 am

Time: 4:05pm
Feeling: Great
Reading: Weight loss journals, Facebook statuses l Listening to: l Watching:

Tuesday.Seventeenth of August, Twenty-Ten.

Started C25K this morning with my Mum and our ex-neighbour. I loved it. I followed along with the podcast and they followed me with the running/walking. I run at Tae Kwon Do, but running outdoors is totally different.

Though I do have a question about it. It's designed to be done three times every week, with atleast one recovery day in between, right?

But long story short, the only days that suit us all are Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday mornings. I'm wondering if the lack of a recovery day between Tuesday and Wednesday is that serious of an issue? I know I might start to get sore... but is it harmful to skip a recovery day? Sorry if it sounds silly, I just thought I should ask.

Food, Glorious Food

Morning:

- One manderin
- One banana

Afternoon:
- One sandwhich, with avocado, lettuce, light cheese, tomato and mayonaise on multi-grain bread
- One tub of Berry Bliss Yoghurt
- About half of a carrot
- One apple

Evening:
- Beef Casserole with mushroom, carrot, potato and pumpkin served with rice.

Drinks

- One cup of coffee

Excercise

- C25K. Day 1/Week 1: 30 minutes
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:04 am

Time: 8:09pm
Feeling: Eh...
Reading: l Listening to: l Watching:

Wednesday.Eighteenth of August, Twenty-Ten.

Yeah, I know I eat pretty much the same thing every day during the week, but going to school, it's easier for me that way.

So I'm happy with myself for having done the second day of the C25K, but I'm a little bit concerned that the walking pace between runs is slowing down a bit below the warm-up pace. Going to concentrate on keeping it up tomorrow.

Haven't completely ditched the diet cola, as you can see. But I'm drinking it far less frequently. Actually someone bought that for me today after drama rehearsal, not knowing about my efforts to stop drinking it. But I've definitely cut down.

Food, Glorious Food

Morning:
- One banana
-One apple

Afternoon:
- One sandwhich, with avocado, lettuce, light cheese, tomato, beetroot and mayonaise on multi-grain bread
- One tub of Strawberry Yoghurt
- One Manderin

Evening:
- Caserole again
- Serving of snow peas

Drinks
- One cup of coffee
- Four cups of Green Tea
- 600ml of Coke Zero
- Water

Excercise
- C25K: Week 1/ Day 2: 30 minutes
- Yoga Booty Ballet. Hip-Hop Abs: 45 minutes  

United Paper People

United Paper People

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:06 am

Time: 6:55am
Feeling: Awesome (it's Friday morning right now)
Reading: l Listening to: l Watching:

Thursday.Ninteenth of August, Twenty-Ten.

Food, Glorious Food

Morning:
- One banana
-One manderin

Afternoon:
- One sandwhich, with avocado, grated carrot, light cheese, tomato, beetroot and mayonaise on multi-grain bread
- One apple

Evening:
- Two mince rissoles, potato, onion, brocoli and mushroom, with gravy (gravox mix)

Drinks
- One cup of coffee
- Water

Excercise
- Yoga Booty Ballet. Hip-Hop Abs: 45 minutes(?)
- Tae Kwon Do: 2 hours  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:50 am
Goodness, two pieces of watery fruit for breakfast? How does that work? My stomach would start eating itself an hour after like some neglected amoeba, or whatever that creepy bacteria is called. D=

So newayz, congrats on second place. And it's too bad about that two-point penalty, it sounds frustrating with such a close score. =(

And to your much much much earlier post that I've neglected: snow is very beautiful. Especially if you can find a field in the wilderness where it's clear and pristine, and not walked all over. Unfortunately I haven't seen it in years. =( But we have snow in Australia somewhere, and it would definitely be worth making the trip to experience it!  

Sunsway

United Paper People

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:30 pm
Hm... none of the bananas were ripe yesterday. I have wondered whether or not it's a bad way to start the day. On non-school days, I wake later, and usually eat cerial or toast for breakfast. But at seven in the morning, I really don't feel like I want to eat anything other than fruit and coffee. And we break for lunch at eleven at my school so I guess 'Afternoon' should actually be titled 'Late Morning.'

Thankyou. Haha.

It sounds fantastic. A lot of people went on a ski-trip, that I couldn't afford to go to at the time, to Perisha Blue in New South Wales. I'd love to see snow, anywhere.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:37 am

Time: 7:24pm
Feeling: Cold
Watching: l Listening to: Slash l Watching:

Friday.Twentieth of August, Twenty-Ten.

It was raining this morning and I didn't get to do Day Three of the Couch-to-5k...

So it's been decided that we're doing it tomorrow, late morning. I'm actually really looking forward to it. I also bought a mango at the shops this afternoon (they're only just starting to appear in season again), and I'm ridiculously excited about eating it sometime tomorrow. Haha.

Food, Glorious Food

Morning:
- One banana
-One manderin

Afternoon:
- One sandwhich, with avocado, grated carrot, light cheese, tomato, beetroot and mayonaise on multi-grain bread
- Two Kiwi-Fruit

Evening:
- One mince rissol
- Cassorole (seriously, my Mum cooked so much of it there's stull heaps left), with brocoli and a couple more mushrooms added.

Drinks
- One cup of coffee
- Water

Excercise
- Full- Body Workout- 45 minutes  

United Paper People

United Paper People

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:43 pm

Time: 12:25pm
Feeling: Bored
Watching: l Listening to: Slash l Watching:

Woot! Day three of C25K done. Now I need to download the podcast for next week :3
It was election day yesterday, so there were a lot of people out along where we run campaigning and lining up to vote.

My weight keeps fluctuating. I know this is normal, but it's a little annoying. This morning it came up as about 63.5 kg (139.7 lbs), but just the other day it was back up to 65 kg. I keep wondering if I'm eating the right things, or the right amount of each sort of food, but I tend not to have very good judgement and I don't want to be measuring absoloutley everything.

Woke up too late this morning for breakfast. Also having to do a lot of homework, so I can't see myself getting a lot of excercise in, but we'll see how we go.

Saturday.Twenty- First August, Twenty-Ten.

Food, Glorious Food

Morning:
- One bowl of Guardian cerial with sliced Kiwi-fruit

Afternoon:
- Two salada crackers; one with hard boiled egg and a squirt of mayonaise, and the other with lettuce and tomato.

Evening:
- Two Apricot Chicken Drumsticks, apricot sauce.
- Vegetables (Pumpkin, carrot, brocoli, snow-peas, mushrooms)

Drinks
- One cup of coffee
- Four cups of Green Tea
- Water

Excercise
- C25K: Week 1/ Day 3: 30 minutes
- Brisk walk: 40 minutes
- Brisk walk (return): 35 minutes

Sunday.Twenty- Second August, Twenty-Ten.

Food, Glorious Food

Early Afternoon:
- One cup of Beef Noodle soup
- One slice of toast, multigrain
- Small serving of peas and brocoli

Mid-Afternoon:
- One apple
- One quater peice of roasted potato (after which I threw them out because I decided they'd gone bad)

Evening:
- Two Appricot chicken drumsticks, with appricot sauce
- Salad (lettuce, tomato, grated carrot, slice of light cheese, red onion, and three slices of beetroot)

Drinks
- One cup of coffee
- Three Cup of Green Tea
- One cup of Weight-Watcher's brand Hot Chocolate (made with water)
- Water

Excercise
- Brisk walk: 55 minutes
- Yoga Booty Ballet- Cardio Caberet: 25 minutes  
Weight Loss Diaries and Journals

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items