Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Casting a Circle Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 3:35 pm
Sovereign of Darkness
TeaDidikai
The Greater Seals of Armindle (sp?) and the Lesser Keys of Solomon to summon supernal and infernal spirits.used.
I believe it's Almandel...As in the Almadel of Solomon, fourth book of the Lemegeton?

EDIT: Doh. The Grimoire of Armadel, silly me. Yeesh...look at that latin title O_o (Liber Armadel Seu Totius Cabale Perfectissima Brevissima et Infallabilis Scientia Tam Speculativa Quam Practiqua)
Heh... I did spell it right then?

~is so not a Ceremonial Magician~  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 5:51 pm
Sovereign of Darkness
If you're using live fire to cast a circle, than that's a tradition you've taken upon yourself.
Who said I did? A lot of "conventional" rituals I've read call for candles, incense (and there's more variations to insense than just the sticks you can find at gas stations, like cones and charcoal disks) and a sacred alter and such.
Sovereign of Darkness
I've never heard of anyone doing it like that and quite honestly, it's relatively safe to cast a circle in your house as long as you're not grossly incompetant with match saftey.
But bumping something over by accident is completely unheard of...

There are those that lack mobile grace. xp  

Gingerbread . Coffin

Midnight Ana

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 5:53 pm
Midnightelf
True. Seeker here of course, I'm still in the experimentel phase. I see nothing wrong with casting a circle. Unless, since it's a wiccan concept it makes me look like a fluff by not calling myself a wiccan but still casting a circle. Rats...
Wrong. Casting a circle stems from Ceremonial magic. As did the pentagram, I believe...just a little food for thought.
That actually makes more sense. I will certinly look into that, thank you.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 8:00 pm
Gingerbread . Coffin
Sovereign of Darkness
If you're using live fire to cast a circle, than that's a tradition you've taken upon yourself.
Who said I did? A lot of "conventional" rituals I've read call for candles, incense (and there's more variations to insense than just the sticks you can find at gas stations, like cones and charcoal disks) and a sacred alter and such.
Sovereign of Darkness
I've never heard of anyone doing it like that and quite honestly, it's relatively safe to cast a circle in your house as long as you're not grossly incompetant with match saftey.
But bumping something over by accident is completely unheard of...

There are those that lack mobile grace. xp
I completely forgot about those damnable candles...eh, my bad. Although I don't think incence is a very serious threat as a fire hazard though.

@Tea: Yes, you were right. You only spelled it wrong. My original attention was to just give you the correct spelling.  

Kal Eldritch

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 4:06 pm
Sovereign of Darkness

@Tea: Yes, you were right. You only spelled it wrong. My original attention was to just give you the correct spelling.
Thank you. Most of my CM books are in storage.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 6:26 pm
the way i've always seen it is that circles help protect u & ur spell by keeping spirits and energies other than ur own from tampering with the spell. it secludes ur energy & focus from surrounding energies.  

wicked_faery

Fashionable Phantom

8,200 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Tycoon 200

Kal Eldritch

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 8:12 am
wicked_faery
the way i've always seen it is that circles help protect u & ur spell by keeping spirits and energies other than ur own from tampering with the spell. it secludes ur energy & focus from surrounding energies.
That's the basic premise of casting, yes.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 4:59 pm
Sovereign of Darkness
wicked_faery
It's also a bit of psychodrama.  

TeaDidikai

wicked_faery

Fashionable Phantom

8,200 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 5:47 pm
TeaDidikai
Sovereign of Darkness
wicked_faery
...u seem to argue everything i've said...not discussed...argued..  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 7:08 pm
wicked_faery

Isn't it funny how you think everything's about you, when she was actually talking to someone else who'd replied to your post, and not you?

And actually not arguing, but adding on? You're still having trouble understanding what an argument is.

Huh. stare  

Sivirs

wicked_faery

Fashionable Phantom

8,200 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 7:11 pm
Sivirs
wicked_faery

Isn't it funny how you think everything's about you, when she was actually talking to someone else who'd replied to your post, and not you?

And actually not arguing, but adding on? You're still having trouble understanding what an argument is.

Huh. stare
& u seem to bud into other people's business...a lot. is this all that you're going to talk about this, what used to be a, fine evening?  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 10:43 pm
wicked_faery
TeaDidikai
Sovereign of Darkness
wicked_faery
Note the bolded word.

Also, meaning in addition to. So, what I am asserting is that the idea of "protecting spellwork" from this and that functions to seperate it from surrounding energies as well as creates psychodrama to further the ritual.

Do you contest this? If so- why?  

TeaDidikai

wicked_faery

Fashionable Phantom

8,200 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 9:12 am
TeaDidikai
wicked_faery
TeaDidikai
Sovereign of Darkness
wicked_faery
Note the bolded word.

Also, meaning in addition to. So, what I am asserting is that the idea of "protecting spellwork" from this and that functions to seperate it from surrounding energies as well as creates psychodrama to further the ritual.

Do you contest this? If so- why?
i contested something i thought u meant...which ended up not being the case.. sweatdrop sorry. i see what u meant now  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff