Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Weight Loss Diaries and Journals
Sunsway's journal - Take Two Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sunsway

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:58 am
Monday 2 August 2010

Breakfast: oatmeal with chia seeds and honey

Snack: almonds; 2 small apples

Lunch: - Four-bean mix (canned, 90 cal)
- capsicum and cucumber
- 1 slice wholegrain bread

Dinner: - pasta with shredded cheese (we didn't have any sauce stare )
- tomato and canned peas

Dessert: 1 slice wholegrain bread with honey

I predict that in a few years some nutritionist will discover that dessert is an integral part of a wholesome diet.

Training log:
2 August 2010 - running - evening - 6 kms - 39:19

Question: are the terms wholemeal, wholegrain, and multigrain interchangeable? I've no idea what bread I eat except that it's not white.

I'd like to try tofu. I've actually no idea what it is except that it's all the rave with vegans. I don't even know where to look for it -- in the cheese section of the supermarket? Fridge? Dry food? Anyway, it's gonna be fun to experiment. If I find it.

And I just noticed, I had a good amount of vegetables today! Yippie!  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:26 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Wholemeal wholegrain, and multigrain are not interchangeable, I think. Whole grain means the entire kernel is included, but multi-grain means different grains are included, not necessarily the entire thing. There is usually a small logo on breads that look like this that will tell you how many grams of whole grains exist per serving. Aim for whole grains, not multi grains, but if there is both that's good too!

You should be able to find tofu in the health section, usually near the fresh herbs is where I find it. Definitely in the produce section. When in doubt, ask a grocer! (:

Stars in my Pocket
Vice Captain

A Touch of Evil

Tipsy Genius

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:36 pm
I found my tofu at Lassen's Health grocery store. 3nodding Hope you can find it! There are a ton of youtube vids from Everyday Dish TV that show off cool recipes. I love watching them.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:48 pm
Tuesday 3 August 2010

Mmm... I don't think we have those logos in Australia. Or maybe I just wasn't paying attention. But if it's wholegrain it does usually say so in big, bold letters anyway. =) Thanks for that, I'll be looking for wholegrains from now on!

I was looking for a simple tofu recipe on the internet, but they all have crazy long lists of ingedients so I chickened out. I might bug my mom to help me out on the weekend. So instead I found a recipe for making chips out of pita (with a small amount of oil, some herbs/spices, and baked -- so pretty healthy!), went and bought all the ingredients, got home but was super hungry so I just stuck the pita in a toaster and made my own oil-free chips. And there was a spinach dip, too. (If I wasn't so hungry I would have endeavored to make my own with greek yogurt).

That reminds me, a really delicious homemade dip: light greek yogurt with shredded cucumber and fresh dill (or whatever herbs strike your fancy). Super quick and really good.

I also bought a vegetarian recipe magazine. Thankfully it doesn't look too complicated. Something to do on the weekend.

> > > AND I BOUGHT A MICROWAVE STEAMER! So excited! I'm sick of frying stuff, so this is gonna be good if I can figure out how the microwave works.

Breakfast: wholegrain Weet-Bix with pear, chia seeds, honey and soy milk

Snack: 3 slices wholegrain bread with honey (while I was waiting on my lunch in the toaster stressed )

Lunch: Chips (from 2 pita pockets cut into triangles) with spinach & pine nut dip

Dinner: Baked potato wedges and steamed vegetables (with my new steamer cool )

Dessert: 2 slices of toast with cherry jam; strawberries with sour cream & sugar (I just couldn't say no)

Training log:
3 August 2010: nothing

EDIT: Beautiful Oblivion: There's a health store next to where I buy groceries! I'll check it out next time I'm there. I get chia seeds from there, but never bothered to look for tofu.  

Sunsway

A Touch of Evil

Tipsy Genius

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:54 pm
Sunsway

That reminds me, a really delicious homemade dip: light greek yogurt with shredded cucumber and fresh dill (or whatever herbs strike your fancy). Super quick and really good.

OMG that sound just like the yogurt my parents used to make a long time ago! Except, the cucumber wasn't shredded, it was cut into cubes (sorta) and we added crushed garlic and crumbled mint. I think they added some pepper, but very light. We generally ate that with rice, it was sooooo delicious! heart 4laugh  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:59 pm
[Beautiful Oblivion]
Sunsway

OMG that sound just like the yogurt my parents used to make a long time ago! Except, the cucumber wasn't shredded, it was cut into cubes (sorta) and we added crushed garlic and crumbled mint. I think they added some pepper, but very light. We generally ate that with rice, it was sooooo delicious! heart 4laugh

Yeah!!! Garlic with greek yogurt, really? @_@

My mom makes it sometimes, except I have to buy the ingredients and discreetly place them where she can see them. wink But I think I'm old enough to make a little dip thing myself now, so I'll do that some time. And it's great to make some for later as well.  

Sunsway

Sunsway

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:03 am
Wednsday 4 August 2010

Breakfast: Weet-Bix with pear, chia seeds, honey and soy milk (450 cal) < ~ ~ seriously??

Snack: 1 pita pocket (cut & toasted to make 'chips') with spinach & pine nut dip (360 cal)

Lunch: - Omelette: 1 egg, a bit of soy milk, capsicum, tomato, olives & herbs (215 cal);
- 1 slice toast with hommus (120 cal)

Dinner: baked potato wedges and peas (250 cal)

Dessert: 2 slices toast with cherry jam (210 cal)

Training log:
4 August 2010: Running - evening - 6 km - 37:53 (- 340 cal net)

Calories consumed: 1605
Net burned: - 340
Total: 1265

Man, counting calories takes forever. I get my food calorie numbers from here and calculate my calories burned here. From the various calories burned counters I've tried this one shows a lower number than the others -- I assume that it shows the NET calories burned (that is, total burned while exercising minus calories that would have been burned anyway just sitting around).

Some statistics:
Weight (at the start of this week): 138.5 lbs
Height: 5"7
BMI: 21.7

How fun! =)  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:36 am
Sunsway
[Beautiful Oblivion]
Sunsway

Yeah!!! Garlic with greek yogurt, really? @_@

My mom makes it sometimes, except I have to buy the ingredients and discreetly place them where she can see them. wink But I think I'm old enough to make a little dip thing myself now, so I'll do that some time. And it's great to make some for later as well.

That sounds just like Tatziki sauce. Recipe
It's my fave!

Stars in my Pocket
Vice Captain

Sunsway

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:49 am
Thursday 5 August 2010

Breakfast: - 1 crepe (from frozen) with a bit of greek yogurt, chia seeds and 2 strawberries (200 cal)
- 1 pear (80 cal)

Snack: 2 small/med apples (110 cal)

Lunch: - 2 pita pockets (toasted as 'chips') (350 cal)
- homemade dip (greek yogurt, cucumber, herbs) (100 cal)

Dinner: - pasta with sauce (340 cal)
- vegetable salad (85 cal)
- 2 small pieces of fried fish (110 cal)
- spinach (negligible - 5 cal?)

Training log:
5 August 2010 - running - evening - 6 km - 37:48 (-340 cal)

Calories consumed: 1380
Net burned: - 340
Total: 1040

Phew, I was so sure the dinner had ruined the day. I probably shouldn't have had that much food, but I'm not getting dessert so that's okay. wink

I've gotta go to uni tomorrow, and the food there is expensive -- especially healthy food like salads and such. Actually, salads are quite rare as well. Junk food isn't. stare You'd think universities would actually promote a healthy lifestyle, but noooo. Newayz, I'm bringing my own lunch.

And... weigh-in in two days! On Saturday. I haven't been counting calories the whole week (only two days actually, haha) so I'm not too confident. D= We'll see, we'll see.

P.S. That sauce looks delicious. Still not too sure about the garlic though. o_O  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:51 am
Friday 6 August 2010

Breakfast: oats with chia seeds and honey (310 cal)

Lunch: half a sandwich with grilled vegetables (it had a fair amount of oil, so 320 cal maybe?)

Snack: - almonds (175 cal)
- 2 small apples (90 cal)

Dinner: - 1.5 egg omelette on a bit of pasta (220 cal)
- 1 small piece of fried fish (45 cal)
- peas (20 cal)
- fried cabbage with a bit of carrot (120 cal)
- 1/4 pita (40 cal)

Dessert: - 2 slices bread with honey (220 cal)
- 2 slices toast with cherry jam (210 cal)

Training log:
6 August 2010: nothing

Total calories consumed: 1770 cal D= O noe!

Okay, so 'dessert' isn't the best word. It's more like a binging free-for-all. I mustmustmust control myself in the evenings. I just had a reaaally long day at uni and when I come home I just relax... more than I should. e_e And now I feel uncomfortably full, ugh. Badbadbadbadbad, especially with the weigh-in tomorrow. )=  

Sunsway

Sunsway

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 5:23 am
Saturday 6 August 2010 - weigh-in

137.5 lbs! I lost a pound! Hurrah!

That's the good news. The bad news is that I've no idea how many calories I ate today. We cooked both lunch and dinner and I just can't make a reliable estimate. One thing I CAN say is that I definitely ate too much. Nibbles here and there and everywhere.

I also didn't run today, though I was planning to. Got too caught up with cooking -- I was using a new recipe from a vegetarian magazine. I was afraid I'd be stuck making omelettes forever!

Well, that's the verdict. I've gotta control myself tomorrow, though it's hard... there's food everywhere...  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 6:34 am
Sunday 8 August 2010

Breakfast: - crepe (from frozen) with a small amount of greek yogurt and 2 strawberries (175 cal)
- 2 slices raisin toast (195 cal)

Snack: banana (100 cal)

Lunch: - 1 pita pocket (toasted as 'chips') with a relatively small amount of homemade dip (incl greek yogurt, cucumber, herbs) (260 cal)
- 4 pieces of... don't remember what it's called, 'aladya' in Russian, like small pancake-type things? (230 cal maybe)
- small amount of sour cream and cherry jam (with the aladya) (115 cal)

Dinner: - vinegret (Ukrainian salad made mostly of boiled veg including potato, beetroot, carrot) (170 cal maybe, no idea)
- a few pieces of chicken (170 cal maybe)

Dessert: - 2 slices raisin toast (195 cal)
- 4 squares dark chocolate (100 cal)

Training log:
- Brisk walk - dunno the distance - 1 hr 15 mins (right before my run burning_eyes )
- Running - 11.8 km - 1:18:00 (- 660 cal)

Calories consumed: 1710
Net burned: - 660 (run only)
Total: 1050

So, I had my supposedly-weekly 'long run' today, except it's not really weekly because I'm lazy. But it felt pretty great... when I was done and sitting on the couch stuffing my face. wink But I'm glad that I had a big lunch today, because that walk was not planned. x_x

Unfortunately my calorie count today is not very reliable because a lot of the food was cooked and I'm not too sure about the count. O well.

I ate a lot and it was awesome. cool  

Sunsway

United Paper People

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:32 am
Your breakfast sounds like it was delicious.

Know what? You're seriously one of the people who have influenced my decision to take up running :3 Just thought you should know.

And CONGRATS on the loss exclaim  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:33 am
9 August 2010

Thank you, that's so awesome to hear! Well, read. D'you know what's really inspirational? There's a book called Born to Run, by Christopher McDougall. It's mostly about ultrarunning (distances longer than a marathon = ultra) and revolves around a tribe somewhere in the Mexican areas who have been amazing ultrarunners for millennia. It is a huge inspiration and what got me into running in the first place. I would recommend it to anyone who would listen. =)

Breakfast: oats with chia seeds and honey (310 cal)

Snack: - almonds (175 cal)
- banana (95 cal)
- 1 small apple (45 cal)

Lunch: - 'Tomato & chickpea bake' (incl various veg) with a small amount of sour cream (250 cal maybe)
- 2 small pieces of fried fish (100 cal)

Dinner: - vinegret (170 cal?)
- a few pieces of chicken (180 cal)
- 2 slices raisin toast (190 cal)

Dessert: - 3 rings of french bread with cherry jam (265 cal)

Training log:
9 August 2010 - nothing

Calories consumed: 1780

Yikes. Who would've thought 3 pieces of that french stick bread contained... that. Well, probably a few people but I'm not one of them. sweatdrop

O well, I'm over it already! xp  

Sunsway

Sunsway

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:34 am
Wednesday 11 August 2010

I got bored with counting calories, so for the last two days I didn't. neutral I also haven't run for three days now (including today). I was going to go but it's drizzling, and it's also expected to rain for the rest of the week... we'll see I guess. Newayz, I have some study to catch up on so maybe it's not a bad thing.

Unfortunately my 'diet' isn't exactly a diet anymore -- I haven't been as concious about what I eat as I should be. It's hard to stay motivated. sad  
Weight Loss Diaries and Journals

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff