Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Broom Closet Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Elizabeth Tarion

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 3:08 am
Gingerbread . Coffin
So, we have to start getting them before they're ripe, eh? ninja

To the high schools! [***** class="clear">
gonk

I don't see 'Coming out of the Broom Closet' (or Closet in general for that matter), or wanting to to be an attention seeking thing, myself, especially for myself (If I wanted attention or to scare the s**t outta my family, there are much easier ways of doing that, really) but more as seeking acceptance. Your parents will normally tell you that they'll love you no matter what, and if you're sure about something about yourself and worry about their reaction, you may feel terrible and torn until you tell them in some way or another, so you'll need to test what they say especially if you have a good relationship with your parents.
Of course, if you don't have a good relationship with your parents/family and think that they really actually might send you off to a religious boarding school, a priest, or a phych ward, it's probably best you just simply not say anything. xp
It's also not really just an age thing ("teenage rebelliousness") but an acceptance thing.

That probably didn't add much, but I just wanted to throw it in. Having a few very unexpected problems with my mother this past week, and I feel weird because of it gonk  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 9:15 am
Gingerbread . Coffin
TeaDidikai
Are you suggesting that tossing one's child from a moving car is a rational action?
Nope.

Thus the "nutjob".

But, she wasn't surprised.
Just "not okay with it" xp

Quote:
TDD>>There are good looking pagan men. They just get married quickly.
So, we have to start getting them before they're ripe, eh? ninja

To the high schools! [***** class="clear">
Hun... that's true with all good men.  

TeaDidikai

Gingerbread . Coffin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 9:07 pm
TeaDidikai

Is that a no to the ***** idea? ninja

[I know it's true for all good men. ):
And even less so for teenage boys. u _u ]  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 8:17 pm
TheDisreputableDog
Gingerbread . Coffin
And what about Gay Pagans? surprised
I've had friends just stop being pagan and drop out of the pagan scene because they were straight and didn't like that "every pagan is either gay or bisexual." And that "there are no good-looking pagan men." stare

Great...I feel uber trendy now...except the not good looking part. My girlfriend would argue that point to death 4laugh .

Honestly though, as with all things, not being something because of the way other people are is infinately stupid. Honestly, isn't that the same as being trendy? I really hate the fact that pagan's are stereotyped as being bisexual vegan goths...a far throw from the truth...but it doesn't stop me from my beliefs.

Incidentaly, I'm two of the three stereotypes. Once again, the trendiness goes down much like foul tasting, bland gruel. gonk  

Kal Eldritch

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 4:11 pm
Gingerbread . Coffin
TeaDidikai

Is that a no to the ***** idea? ninja

[I know it's true for all good men. ):
And even less so for teenage boys. u _u ]

No Ped-o-van. talk2hand  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 6:32 pm
i say if ur comfortable express urself & ur religion how u want. if that means wearing a cloak in public once in a while or doing a report on a subject that brings out ur oppinion about religions & that ur pagan then go for it. u don't have to tell every1 if ur not comfortable. but if u just don't care what other ppl think & really believe in what u say u do & ur comfortable telling go ahead and tell. just make sure ur comfortable. & never be ashamed.  

wicked_faery

Fashionable Phantom

8,200 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Tycoon 200

Lotus Poem

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 6:47 pm
I'm lucky in the fact that I've never had to be in the closet as my mother is a pagan as well so hiding it was not an issue. But I think growing up around it gives you a different perspective because I never felt the need to hide it I never felt the need to flaunt it either. I were pentagram jewelry but it's not flashy or huge and is usually very subtle. I live in the belt buckle of the bible belt and no one has ever mentioned my jewelry. My choice of reading materials, my choice of friends, and my hobby of ghost hunting have all been attacked at one point or another wink

As for pagans coming together and fighting for acceptance I think it's a great idea and I know someone mentioned PPdays which are awesome. I've always wanted to got toe the Real Witches Ball which occurs in Columbus, OH around Samhain every year. It's amazing and there's always a ton of workshops and speakers and authors (Raymond Buckland, Dorothy Morisson, AJ Drew) AJ Drew is a wiccan author who is very much for a more unified and peaceful pagan community.

and you know come to think of it....all the pagan guys I know are married. that's weird I could have sworn i knew a single one but no. all of them are straight and good-looking but all married.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 8:09 pm
Beauhemia
As for pagans coming together and fighting for acceptance I think it's a great idea and I know someone mentioned PPdays which are awesome. I've always wanted to got toe the Real Witches Ball which occurs in Columbus, OH around Samhain every year. It's amazing and there's always a ton of workshops and speakers and authors (Raymond Buckland, Dorothy Morisson, AJ Drew) AJ Drew is a wiccan author who is very much for a more unified and peaceful pagan community.
i've been to the delaware Pagan Pride Day. it's awsome to see so many people who believe the same things u do in 1 place at 1 time. which is very rare for me since i grew up catholic...it's just invigorating so see the unity of similar ppl who i always see ridiculed for believing in what they do. i even plan to open a booth this year.  

wicked_faery

Fashionable Phantom

8,200 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Tycoon 200

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 2:13 am
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 3:39 am
wicked_faery
i say if ur comfortable express urself & ur religion how u want. if that means wearing a cloak in public once in a while or doing a report on a subject that brings out ur oppinion about religions & that ur pagan then go for it. u don't have to tell every1 if ur not comfortable. but if u just don't care what other ppl think & really believe in what u say u do & ur comfortable telling go ahead and tell. just make sure ur comfortable. & never be ashamed.
I never understood the need to wear ritual garb out in public after coming out. sweatdrop
Ritual garb (like cloaks and such) are just that, clothing used in rituals.
Besides, doesn't wearing rit. garb normally destroy the 'ritual state' that the clothes and other items are supposed to create in the first place?
Aren't you also just asking for weird looks going out wearing a cloak? (Not that I have a problem with cloaks, it's just not considered the norm. Feh, I get weird looks about my pink and black hat)  

Elizabeth Tarion

Lotus Poem

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 1:14 pm
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 2:23 pm
[Bavi]
wicked_faery
I never understood the need to wear ritual garb out in public after coming out. sweatdrop
Ritual garb (like cloaks and such) are just that, clothing used in rituals.
Besides, doesn't wearing rit. garb normally destroy the 'ritual state' that the clothes and other items are supposed to create in the first place?
Aren't you also just asking for weird looks going out wearing a cloak? (Not that I have a problem with cloaks, it's just not considered the norm. Feh, I get weird looks about my pink and black hat)
cloaks aren't neccessarily ritual garb & wearing them outside of a ritual doesn't bring down their "ritual state" to use ur terms. anyways all i was saying is if u feel comfortable wearing things like cloaks in public wear them. there doesn't have to be a purpose. same w/ pentacle charms & jewelry. it's the same as christians wearing a cross. if u want to wear it & u feel comfy then go ahead. it's not for others to judge u by. it's u being urself & to heck w/ what other ppl think. getting wierd looks shouldn't be a factor. be urself & if some1 doesn't like it ignor them.  

wicked_faery

Fashionable Phantom

8,200 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Tycoon 200

Tsuzuki

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 4:30 pm
TeaDidikai
Why would one expect anything less than shock? I mean- to some people, each member of this guild has been tricked by the Devil to be lead away from God's heart into the arms of evil incarnate- people like Tsuzuki are the worst of us all! He should know better!
What are you talking about? Mormonism had all sorts of damning doctrines long before the Neo-Pagan scene was even in diapers. Some of the of more extreme conspiracy theorists even think that we're behind the whole thing.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 4:49 pm
Beauhemia
Do you really want me to answer that? smile There are a lot of similar gatherings and festivals around here that are church related events.
Are those group festivals? Or Pride Days in which the point is outlined in the second half of my post. wink  

TeaDidikai

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 4:51 pm
Tsuzuki
TeaDidikai
Why would one expect anything less than shock? I mean- to some people, each member of this guild has been tricked by the Devil to be lead away from God's heart into the arms of evil incarnate- people like Tsuzuki are the worst of us all! He should know better!
What are you talking about? Mormonism had all sorts of damning doctrines long before the Neo-Pagan scene was even in diapers. Some of the of more extreme conspiracy theorists even think that we're behind the whole thing.
Hence why you should know better Love.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces