Welcome to Gaia! ::

~*The Official Post Your Progress Guild*~ Writers Support!

Back to Guilds

We support fellow writers by tracking and displaying word and page counts. 

Tags: Writing, Write, Poetry, Novels, Stories 

Reply Plot/Character/Genre Discussion
Sexuality Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

DesertRoseFallen
Vice Captain

5,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:05 am
Sexuality doesn't seemed to be taken much into consideration as of yet but I think that is mostly because we think male/female pairings still. It is almost like it has been programmed into our brains haha.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:19 pm
Most of my characters are bisexual, if not lesbian. I'm not sure why, it's just more entertaining to write. One of the things I'm working on right now just for fun is about two bisexual best friends. I'm pretty sure the characters are based on me and my girlfriend. xp
I found that my straight friends tend to have heterosexual couples in their writing, and my gay friends tend to have homosexual couples.  

MORbidInvader

4,400 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Clambake 200
  • Citizen 200

Psychotic Maniacal Sanity
Crew

Chatty Pumpkin

8,800 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:09 am
I have quite a few f/f pairings in my novels, often including the MC. I'd have more gay men if I actually, you know, wrote men. XD This year, Leo is my first male MC since I was about 15, so it's a big deal. Thus, although I would love a gay couple here and there, they just don't pop up because generally when I have a male character he pops up alone, and therefore lonely. :/ Sad, sad world.

Perhaps this novel, with the introduction of Leo, I can work on introducing even more men. >_>  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:56 pm
i typically have a mixture, some straight, some gay, and a few lesbian. again, most of my writing is fanfics so that can limit how many of one sexualty you can have, especially if there's an abundance of one gender and the other only has three or four members  

StrayKit

Arlingtonn

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:21 pm
DesertRoseFallen
It is almost like it has been programmed into our brains haha.

Its totally been programmed into us. We think of heterosexual couples like we think of getting a job; its just what happens.
Anyway, I just don't think much about sexuality cause I just don't write alot of romance. I was also raised religiously, so I prefer heterosexual couples in my work, mostly because I want my life's focus not to draw away from my religion, and a little bit because my entire family, extended family, and friends, would not approve. And having a gay couple in my story is not so important that I would irk them all just to do it. Believe it or not, I love my parents and want to please them.

I still have this crazy craving for yaoi and the like. Yes, I'm a fangirl. And I have written alot of side stuff that is... less than religious. Now please excuse me an evil chuckle.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:26 pm
The main character of my novel (the only person whose sexuality is even implied) is completely asexual. Completely and totally. No thoughts about any gender, whatsoever.  

Ergo War

Enduring Guildsman

StrayKit

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:29 pm
Neuschwanstein Princess
DesertRoseFallen
It is almost like it has been programmed into our brains haha.

Its totally been programmed into us. We think of heterosexual couples like we think of getting a job; its just what happens.
Anyway, I just don't think much about sexuality cause I just don't write alot of romance. I was also raised religiously, so I prefer heterosexual couples in my work, mostly because I want my life's focus not to draw away from my religion, and a little bit because my entire family, extended family, and friends, would not approve. And having a gay couple in my story is not so important that I would irk them all just to do it. Believe it or not, I love my parents and want to please them.

I still have this crazy craving for yaoi and the like. Yes, I'm a fangirl. And I have written alot of side stuff that is... less than religious. Now please excuse me an evil chuckle.

that's because yaoi, despite how much people seem to be against male/male relationships, are some of the best stories out there. may i evil chuckle with you as well?  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:20 pm
Straykit, we may just end up having an evil laughing fit.

What I love about male/male romance stories is that they go through different scenarios than your usual romance, because they're gay. Its a total break away from everything cliche! (Well, not really, but more so than heterosexual romances).

Anyway, I would actually be a poor judge of whether or not a yaoi plot line was any good, because I get this brain overload everytime hot guys do... romantical things with each other. Heeheeeheeeee.
But as far as I can tell, they're pretty good. By the way, I've seen just about everything out there, but do you have any suggestions? Its been a while since I've seen something new.  

Arlingtonn

StrayKit

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:52 am
i think the overload is half the fun, and the stories without the romantic, bedroom activities in every chapter are the one's i mean that have plot lines. as for oneshots, i have yet to find one that has a plot.

i've seen a lot too, and have no idea what you like reading, si i'm not sure what to recomend  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:13 pm
When I write characters, it's kind of like they let me know. In my original fiction, I tend to vary between them; maybe a gay guy here, main character het, ooh, this one's asexual. I don't focus on romance, but it's always a lingering thought in the back of my mind- a 'get to know the characters', if you will.

Now that I think about it, it's the same for the fanfiction I write. When I write fanfiction, it's kind of like the fangirl in me takes over, and I pair everyone and anyone together. Gender doesn't make much of a difference to me in the end- just the characters themselves.

Chezhire3Kat

StrayKit

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:16 pm
Chezhire3Kat
When I write characters, it's kind of like they let me know. In my original fiction, I tend to vary between them; maybe a gay guy here, main character het, ooh, this one's asexual. I don't focus on romance, but it's always a lingering thought in the back of my mind- a 'get to know the characters', if you will.

Now that I think about it, it's the same for the fanfiction I write. When I write fanfiction, it's kind of like the fangirl in me takes over, and I pair everyone and anyone together. Gender doesn't make much of a difference to me in the end- just the characters themselves.

one's inner fangirl sometimes make the most interesting and bizzare stories...speaking from experiance  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:55 pm
∥Subby-san writes ▼ ▼ ▼

User Image
In my current novel, there are no homosexual characters that I am aware of but in two of those that have been put to the side, there are homosexual couples - one of men and one of women.

Joji-tan

Questionable Regular

DayhawK68

Romantic Hunter

7,950 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:55 am
I've been waiting for a homosexual character to show up at my door and tell me their story. But as of yet none of them showed up. I have a few characters who are confused about it, but they never state their sexuality. It's open for interpretation, and those characters wouldn't want it any other way.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:58 pm
I don't write a lot of romance, but I wouldn't be surprised if most (if not all) of my characters are pansexual. I think I've gotten to that place in my life where I regard love as just love regardless of the packaging.

That said, that's just my view on the whole thing :3
I do have characters who are strictly one way or another, but far more who are just...fluid about the whole thing.  

Supinelu

Versatile Genius

Dominant Love Slave

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:53 pm
I have a small handful of characters of both genders, and almost all of them are interested in the same sex to some degree. sweatdrop As much as I try, I can't seem to make a straight character.  
Plot/Character/Genre Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff