Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Boldly Go - A Star Trek Guild
What would you like to see for a new ST series? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Blacke Rose

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 9:48 am
Lindira
Blacke Rose
Ok, a Klingon series would be wicked awesome, but they'd prolly have to hire the KLI staff full-time... They haven't the budjet. I agree with Lindira. One of the reasons that Enterprise fracked was that they put a seson plot in. Like the stupid thing with the Suliban, or the Zindi that Wouldn't Die. Trek episodes, 'cept for the multi-parters, can be watched individually, without seeing the season prior to that. It's like the difference between Seinfeild and Days of Our Lives. Seinfeild, if there's an episode on, you can watch it, and get it. DoOL has this big involved plot that's been going on for, like, 50 years. That's what they tried to do with Enterprise, and it fracked. Let's just hope they learned their lesson.

P.S. I Live Again! Stupid school child blocks... Took me ages to get around them... Grumblegrumble...

Well, I think having season plots is fine, so long as it's done well. What bothered me about Enterprise sometimes was that it stole story concepts from other shows and tried to call them its own. Yes, it's cool to have Brent Spiner come back to do more Star Trek, but it's just wrong to make up some random distant relative of Noonien Soong just to lure TNG fans into watching the show. DS9 had season plots too, and while it didn't have the replay value Blacke Rose was talking about, it was done well because the stories were (for the most part) different and creative and something that hadn't been done in the other Treks. I think that if they're gonna have a new show, it should try to be as unique as possible.

I was never a big fan of DS9 or Voyager myself. I wasn't aware that DS9 had season plots. I also agree that the random Soong ancestor was stupid. They could have used Brent Spiner many better ways. It's too bad he's old now... *Sigh* Did you notice that at the end of Enterprise, where the FINALLY had Archer do the opening voiceover, they just had Kirk, Piccard, and Archer? Completely skipped DS9 and Voyager. I mean, I never really got in to either of them, but I will admit that they were wicked awesome series in their own right, and didn't deserve to be ignored like that. The way that season plots should be done is subtle. Kindof like the romance between Worf=Troi=Riker? You wouldn't notice it if you hadn't been watching the show for the entire season, but if you had, it would be obvious. Not just entire episodes devoted to the seasonal plot. The best Enterprise episodes were the ones where they laid aside the SP for a time and extemporized. Like the one with the Non Corporeal beings that wanted to take over their bodies? Or the one where the Doctor was writing his pen pal? Those were the ones you lived for. Everything else was just filler.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 12:49 pm
I never thought about a show based on Captain Riker and the Titan. that sounds pretty good. But I still vote for a series based on Sulu and the Excelsior. I just had a brain fart. What about a show based on the Mirror Universe?  

Curtis25

Squirrelfang

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 10:36 pm
Though your ideas are all good, what I think would really be awesome would be if they did a series from the perspective of another species, preferably one normally treated as a villain. Shows things from a different perspective (Klingons, Romulans, Kardassians, Borg, etc).  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 10:55 pm
Squirrelfang
Though your ideas are all good, what I think would really be awesome would be if they did a series from the perspective of another species, preferably one normally treated as a villain. Shows things from a different perspective (Klingons, Romulans, Kardassians, Borg, etc).
Not much Character Development available with the Borg. It's kinda just a special Light show with their battles, where they plunder planets of their civilization, and move on. Not much for Plot value, either sweatdrop

But teh Klingons, yeah, I'm still rooting for that one. But I would guess that Paramount would be waiting until the final nail is put in the coffen of Reality TV, and then, God Forbid, have Joss Whedon Direct it? *orgasms* xd  

Se Ga Takai
Vice Captain

Curtis25

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 5:16 am
Se Ga Takai
Squirrelfang
Not much Character Development available with the Borg. It's kinda just a special Light show with their battles, where they plunder planets of their civilization, and move on. Not much for Plot value, either sweatdrop

But teh Klingons, yeah, I'm still rooting for that one. But I would guess that Paramount would be waiting until the final nail is put in the coffen of Reality TV, and then, God Forbid, have Joss Whedon Direct it? *orgasms* xd

For some reason or another i am not big on the Klingons the way the rest of you guys are.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 7:12 pm
Wow, all those ideas are really good. I think as long as they make a Star Trek series- and it's good- I'm as happy as a clam! biggrin But wouldn't it be cool to have a series about Spock growing up? And the difficulty of being half human on Vulcan. I think that would be awesome. The only problem would be the actors... but since it's young Spock Leonard Nimoy woudn't be a problem. But I don't know what to do about Amanda and Sarek.... but I think if the series were to be done right it would be really cool.  

TPila

lymelady

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 9:30 pm
I kinda liked the premise of Enterprise. It had so much potential. And then they just...did silly things with it. I think it'd be interesting if a show was based off of finding the logs of some ship that had been missing. The logs would be the series, not finding the logs. That'd just be more of a background. It'd be difficult to pull off, but it'd be a new way to look at it.

Of course that would require doing it right and it's hard to pull that one off, especially with the budget they're likely to have, and the enthusiasm (or lack of it, whichever you'd like to think of it as...) of networks to pick up a star trek series after the last one ended on a sour note.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 10:02 pm
It had so much potential. And they screwed over the timeline with it. I mean, it's the only Trek I really refuse to watch. I don't enjoy it at all.

crying  

Ginga

RedDwarfMage

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 10:17 am
Can we finally see an alien captain? That would totally rock. It would also require a high budget and a caliber of actor far above the average.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 10:33 am
RedDwarfMage
Can we finally see an alien captain? That would totally rock. It would also require a high budget and a caliber of actor far above the average.

Oh, wow, I'd never thought of that, actually... surprised That would certainly be an interesting show.  

Ginga

Saoraan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 7:27 am
An awesome show would be one set in the distant future with a whole set of new enemy races and a whole new plot where the federation has now incoporated the klingons, romulans, cardassians, founders, vorta, kazon, jem'hadar, breen, ect. ect...... and the borg have become nearly omnipotent and are waging a huge war with the Q and the new UBER federation is allies with the Q against the borg and there would be all new ship styles and all new weapons ...... AWESOME biggrin biggrin xd biggrin biggrin  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:53 am
Ginga
RedDwarfMage

Oh, wow, I'd never thought of that, actually... surprised That would certainly be an interesting show.

It occurs to me that one of the key reasons we don't see this is that the actor playing the captain is the lead, even on a series that has an ensemble cast. This means a lot of screen time. Whomever plays the alien has specialized subplots, many hours of makeup and the cost of the effects and supporting cast (alien characters have alien fathers, mothers, siblings and significant others.).

This means that the actor will want more money. The make up costs money. Makeup time cutting into screentime costs the production time. Time is money.

There are a number of other factors but consider...Spock had a relatively simple make-up job, but for the time, it dented the budget of the show significantly. Worf had very little constant screentime in the first few seasons. Odo, a shape-shifter, hardly shifted shape more then once every few episodes until nearly the last two seasons.

Something to think about.  

RedDwarfMage

[syzygy]

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 2:01 pm
Augh... no klingon series, please! If I hear the owrd 'dishonor' one more time, I might need to disembowel someone.

If there's a new series it should take place years after the TNG/DS9/VOY era.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 8:58 pm
Saoraan
An awesome show would be one set in the distant future with a whole set of new enemy races and a whole new plot where the federation has now incoporated the klingons, romulans, cardassians, founders, vorta, kazon, jem'hadar, breen, ect. ect...... and the borg have become nearly omnipotent and are waging a huge war with the Q and the new UBER federation is allies with the Q against the borg and there would be all new ship styles and all new weapons ...... AWESOME biggrin biggrin xd biggrin biggrin

The Q is basicly an Omni god, given the motivation they could wipe the Borg collective from Existance.  

WarriorShadow

WarriorShadow

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 9:05 pm
Anyway to be the bad news giver Trek has been Shelved for the next ten or so years. Paramount thinks it's getting old and needs a rest.

But if they do make a show, I wouldnt mind something kinda Based on a Starship (or small fleet) which is traveling INTO the Delta Quadrent, Explore the Areas Voyager didnt, Check up on the Alien Species which Voyager encountered.
Hell, Chakotay could be the captain!.  
Boldly Go - A Star Trek Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces