Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cat Named V

Tipsy Conversationalist

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:00 am
XiNg LyNx HoUr

- - - With additions from the Emmybearrr_DF Minute!

Music World - - -

Recent in Music - -

Definetly self explanatory, but am I really the only person who thinks Guns N' Roses are way over-played, over-rated, and not even very creative writers? Not saying that Slash is bad at guitar, because he definetly isn't. He pulls some major shred out all over the place, either in Guns N' roses, Velver Revolver, or Slash's Snakepit. Axel Rose isn't a bad singer, but he definetly is a challenge to listen to without thinking, "what a major tard!" He tries to hard to make all of his voices he comes out sounding a little douchy. Which is impressive since he is no little douche. he's a super douche.
I'm not one to care for Van Halen, but I can admit when he's got s**t goin' on for him. "Jump" is actually a really well made, original, different piece from the rest of the 80s guitar pop. Val Halen has a few other songs like, "Can't Stop Lovin' You" That are also really good. just catchy, melodic songs that sound great. "Hot For Teacher" on the otherhand, is annoying cluttered, mainstream bullshit. Thanks for showing the world this song Guitar Hero. ******** You!
Pearl Jam has sadly annouced that they will be going on hiatus for a long time. They aren't breaking up and I'm not sure what they're up to. But they're done working with each other for a while. I'm glad they aren't fighting each other at least, I look forward for one more album so they can really end as Pearl Jam and not that pop grunge band that they are now with that song "The Fixer", don't know it? it's the one that goes "Ohhhh, yeah yeah yeah yeah ugh ugh!"
Red Hot Chili Peppers have announced that their tenth studio album with be expected to release in 2011 with work of their new guitarist, Josh Klinghoffer. Not sure what to expect. It's supposed to be their last album but they may wanna return their older funk work or maintain their more modernized mainstream appearance. They will no doubt get a few more radio singles floating around so i can hear "Under The Bridge' a little bit less.
For We Are Many, the new All That Remains album, is finally revealed. They expect to have the album out in fall, it should be alright for the people who are really into that kinda music. I don't personally care for them much, but I see their place in deathcore.

Emmybearrr_DF Minute - -

Kidz Bop is probably the dumbest s**t ever. I think it does not deserve to exist, especially for this long. Who wants to listen to ******** little kids voice over already horrible songs?! It just adds to the fact that I hate children. Having to listen to their whiney voices sing Miley Cyrus and Justin Bieber just makes my ears vomit, and have compulsive muscle movements.
I also hate the radio. My best friend and I have been listening to 100.3 today, and we have heard "Bulletproof" by La Roux and "California Girls" by Katy Perry. Both are decent songs, but I've heard them four times within the hour. Ugh.

Song of the Day - -

Don't Follow - Alice In Chains
A very layed acoustic number by Alice in Chains. It's featured on the short length acoustic album, Jar Of Flies, and features many instruments outside of AIC's regular vocabulary. The use of Harmonica is one of the big mood holders for the song, it gives the whole song the soul it needs. A minor use of whistling is also in the song that holds up the harmony feeling in the song. It's a rather progressive song since it does change so much, it starts really soft and booms into a catchy vocal line with lots of harmonica soloing. The song is very soothing and not one I recommend to get the blood pumping, but I have seen it work.

- - - Everyone Else's World

- - Summer Update

going home tomorrow... Today so i can be home to see my lovely girlfriend Emmybear. well, that and because i absolutely have to get to my Crims rehearsal and find out what's going on this week. Possibly a drum mastery class, definetly a choir performance for the state gun show, and maybe some studio time with friends, or not. I sure ********' hope so though.
I want more time in Summer! it's starting to pass by too quickly! I don't wanna have work to do again, it's just the worst thing in the world, ******** high school.

- - The Rest of the Things I Hate

Scene kids and their awful music. I don't really think i need to say anymore, but I will. No one cares about your myspace friends, and if they do... They're hardly a person, why can;t the scenies be like their idols and kill themselves too. No one wants them around except music producers so they can hire the next screamo band to sound like bthe rest of em' so they can make a mild ammount of moeny because the brutal scenies wanna see the most hardcore band ever but don't realize sounding like Justin Bieber is gay, not hardcore.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:16 pm
X;I;N;G L;Y;N;X H;O;U;R

- - - With additions from the Chaobot2 Chapter!

Music World - - -

Recent in Music - -

Indie rockers Dinosaur Jr. have struck my attention a little bit. Most people know them for the hit single "Feel The Pain", which I'm not going to say is terrible. But I will say, they have much better work on their hands. My personal favorite Dino Jr. song is probably "Forget The Swan" but I also really like "It's Me". They have close rights on the favortite position. One odd thing is the incredible difference in musical qualities from the beginning of their career to the current state of it. They've constantly switched from being an Indie band to being complete Mainstreamers. One way or another, some of their stuff blows veiny monster c**k, some of it rapes a**. (Good)
Those who didn't know, the post-grunge gods Tonic, reformed this year and head off their tour with a new album which was self-titled. I haven't heard much from it, but from what I've heard it's pretty sweet. They've strayed from their earlier acoustic and electric guitar mixes alike Fuel or cases of Switchfoot and headed further into being a bit harder and chorus based. It's not as good as earlier Tonic like on Lemon Parade, but it's still them.
Serj Tankian has released his "Left of Center" single onto iTunes and can now be purchased for just $1.29. I haven't heard the single or care all that much to hear it honestly, Serj stopped being good after System Of A Down, and sorry to break it to you all, Malakian (Guitarist/vocalist) was who made that band. System should have continued without Serj anyway, but if you've heard Scars on Broadway, they're not bad either. They're the reformation band of SOAD with all the same members minus Serj Tankian. It's really good s**t. Lucky for Us, Scars on Broadway actually reformed this year and will be looking into making an album in a year or two. They haven't put too much thought into it yet, but they will be touring again. During all of that, I expect them to get some ideas floating around again and decide to have an album released in 2011. If it's in 2012 I wouldn't mind much either though.

Chaobot2 Chapter - -

In my time I have seen many things, but Three Days Grace having quote, 'optomistic lyrics' was the most off throwing thing I have heard of in months. Is Three Days Grace going pop??? I have no idea, but this is by far the most disappointing change since Cobain shot himself.
In other news Shinedown, has been put in first place on the rock charts on Billboard.com, for the song "Crow and the Butterfly". On a personal note, that song isn't the greatest they have to offer, so I would rather see that song at twelve. It's an okay song, but the lyrics are overly cheesy and the band isn't too great to begin with. And with Billboard.com, there was another thing that was interesting, Rise Against, was at 8, which was disappointing. (lots of disappointment these days) The song that got 8th just happened to be "Savior", It's one of their okay songs but "Audience of One" was better and could have gotten 3rd or better easily in my opinion. Rise against is a great band, it's just the people these days that drive me up a wall.
I mean come on, Justin Bieber!?! Who the hell listens to a twelve year old sounding Sixteen year old that sings about relationship problems. Learn good music for a change people, its out there, just get better taste, all I ask.

Song of the Day - -

I Alone - Live
One of the best Live songs no doubt. It starts really soft and has one of those introductions that make you go, "That's that amazing song by Live!" The song also has the catchiest chorus ever. Although I admit, it could get repetative to some. I like repetative phrasing though, it's what holds such great attention to it.
"I alone love you
I alone tempt you
I alone love you
fear is not the end of this!
I alone love you
I alone tempt you
I alone love you"
I'm not sure what the song is about, but it sure is great. That was the chorus of the song by the way, as you can see it uses the "I Alone ____ You" phrase like 6 times. The last chorus is even more too. But it does go by really fast anyway.

- - Summer Update

Home, by myself. Holy s**t. Hasn't happened in ever. Maybe studio'ing thursay and i may skip this drum mastery thing tomorrow if my friends can come over. Might skip it anyway, just have funner people to be with.

This scene kid thing is really pissing me off. They just suck so bad! We need to ally together and Kill Brokencyde! And... Ugh... Myspace. Do this, and we'll have no scene fags.

Cat Named V

Tipsy Conversationalist

Cat Named V

Tipsy Conversationalist

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:41 am
xing lynx hour

Music World - - -

Recent in Music - -

To start off, I'd like to give kudos to a band that gets all their reverance robbed from under them, Stone Sour. They consist of Slipknot's singer Cory Taylor and their Guitarist, Jim Root. Other than that the members are not in any other bands. The band has an assload of songs that are pure gold! "Sillyworld" was a very well put together song that progresses from lots of acoustic chords to very progressive chorus's. "Bother" is a soft song, yet very catchy and meaningful. My favorite, "Zzyzx Rd." has lots of piano and some intense verse's. Point is, Stone Sour is amazing and due to Slipknot, they get ignored completely.
One good band you guys should all look up is Idaho. Ironically from California. They're pretty softcore but I'd say they sound like a mix of Muse and Fugazi with a more post-grunge singer. Check out the song, "Breathe" if you're interested. They should be worth your while. They're songwriter has gained some rather positive feed from other bands as well so you know he's good.
"Hemmorhage (In My Hands)" by Fuel has officially become one of the most annoying songs ever made. It get's over played more than anything on Pandora, holy s**t! It's not a good song even! They should over play a song like "Million Miles" or "Days With you" If any! Fuel is an amazing band, yeah. But I can't take anymore of Hemmorhage... I'm just done. It's killing me...
Nirvana takes a bit more critisism than necessary. If you don't like them, that's already an over statement. Their popular songs (All of Nevermind) are comepletely different from the rest of their music. "Hairspray Queen" and "Dive" are completely different from that form of writing. It's heavier, grungier, and for the most part; better guitar playing. Considering they had another guitarist for a little. Just know more Nirvana before saying you hate them is all I'm sayin'. Although Kurt Cobain was a total douche.

Song of the Day - -

Mary Jane's Last Dance - Tom Petty
Holy fiddlesticks! What's that in the sky? A bird? An Airplane? T-Pain!? No. Better than T-Pain by a lot. T Petty! "Mary Jane's Last Dance" is done in minor key tonality and used as such a power point by used big minor chords in an almost grungy manner. The chorus is very harmonic and filled with reverb, it's not really all that catchy but it's such a great transition into the rest of the song. Overall, it's a great song to have on a road trip playlist or something along those lines because it's such a relaxed song that draws so much melody that makes you wanna hum it. You'll get everyone singin' this song.

- - Summer Update

I stay up too late and it makes me feel tired all day. This is a realization I'm just now having. Yet I'm still going to stay up. For a bit longer anyway. Not tooooo much longer though.

When live songs don't change at all. ********' Rush. The point is to sound good and still change it up a bit so the listeners get something new. ********>  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:19 pm
XING LYNX HOUR

Music World - - -

Recent in Music - -

Hardcore group, A Day To Remember just made a new video for "Have Faith In Me", which is a good song yet I am still unable to care enough to look up the video. Look it up on youtube if you like the band enough to care. I, on the otherhand, do not.
So I caught myself at a thought; Between Blackbird and One Day Remains, which album do I believe is better? They're both by Alter Bridge and the general sound doesn't change between both so it's not like they transformed. So after about... 5 seconds of thinking I'd say it's 1000% Blackbird. That album was so well put together, the songs were catchy and all a little bit unique excluding they used the word 'Come' in half the song titles. "Coming Home, "Come To Life", "Before Tomorrow Comes"... It's ridiculous. Following this same thought, I think I'll compare some other albums in the future. Next up; I'll do a comparison by Muse or Billy Talent.
The band, Stephenwolfe, will be opening for Bon Jovi next week. And guess who I just met? The drummer for Stephenwolfe! Holy balls! I was at a drum seminar and he was there watching and I was like... I recognize him... And then the guy giving the seminar pointed him out and he was like, "Oh! I know you, you're the drummer from Stephenwolfe!" And I was like, "Balls dude." It was exciting. I've met so many famous drummers at Guitar Center. I also met the new Drummer for Smashing Pumpkins a few months ago. Nice guy actually.
Excluding the major 90s act, Nirvana, I am curious to know what the next biggest grunge band was. I slimmed my options down to 3; Pearl Jam, Alice In Chains, and Soundgarden. I'm not sure who's the biggest and most liked in the music going world. Probably Soundgarden, only because they're the worst of the 3 and people like bad music. I like AIC hands down. So ******** good!
If anyone wants to be a d**k, I have obtained Bon Jovi guitarist Richie Sambora's phone number. Call him and tell him whatever, it was his birthday last week so tell him happy birthday.
1-201-984-5711
Not kidding about that number by the way. That's really his phone number.

Emmybearrr_DF Minute - -

Chiodos kinda pissed me off on the day of September 24th, 2009 with releasing this letter...
"To all of our friends, family, and fans: We would like to let you know that we have let Craig Owens go as the singer of Chiodos. This decision was a necessary one. Out of respect for all of the hard work that we have put in together for all of these years we will not be discussing the specific reasons that this needed to happen. We wish Craig well. We will absolutely be continuing on as a band and we will keep you informed as this next chapter unfolds. Chiodos fans are the best fans in the world and all we can ask of you, after everything you have already given us, is to share in our excitement for this next album. We promise you will not be disappointed..." <******** yeah I was disappointed! Kicking Craig Owens out was the biggest mistake the band could make. Especially someone with such talent like he does... The new singer is named Brandon Bolmer, former singer of Yesterday's Rising. I have yet to hear his voice in Chiodos, but let's hope he doesn't demolish their sound... (Like a lot of new band members always do.) Like in AFI when Jade Puget entered the band before Black Sails In The Sunset. Totally changed the sound, but for the two albums following, it worked out well. And in Escape The Fate, same thing. Obviously Ronnie Radke is in jail, but Craig Mabbit's voice and style really changed the band. It still sounds good, but it's totally different from what everyone is used to...

Song of the Day - -

Dancing Through Sunday - AFI
It's okay everyone! This song came out before they did. The song was featured on Sing The Sorrow when they still had some of their punk elements noticable in their music. This song used to be one of my favorites and I suppose still is... One of the parts I love is the amazingly rare, GUITAR SOLO! For AFI, that's ******** up so bad I would never guess it's them. I actually don't think they ever do another one? Huh. Also, right before the solo, Davie Havoc releases the funniest grunt ever that can only be spelled as, "Uh!" but with the biggest pop on the 'U' you can imagine. In total, it's an amazing song and you should all listen the ******** out of it.

- - Summer Update

I finally got my long distance bud on Facebook! Excited to spam the ******** out of her! I'm going to make her life hell for quitting gaia.
In good news, I get to go to the studio tomorrow and play with my two best friends as a full band for the first time ever. I'm really excited for it. Should be one of the best days EVER.

Not knowing what's going on! Took all day to find out what we were doing tomorrow. It sucked! But plans worked out for the better.

Cat Named V

Tipsy Conversationalist

Cat Named V

Tipsy Conversationalist

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:37 am
XING LYNX HOUR?

Music World - - -

Recent in Music - -

Well, like I said last article, I would write about an album comparison between either Billy Talent or Muse. I Chose B Talent for this one. Billy Talent has 3 albums; Billy Talent, Billy Talent II, Billy Talent III. I'll refer to them as I, II, and III. So, I looked over the albums and decided fairly quickly that III, was my least favorite. Not because it's bad, it's just not as good as the other two. Because I really like "Diamond On A Landmine" and "The Dead Can't Testify". The contest really began with I and II. The first album had the amazing, "Cut The Curtains" but Billy Talent II had my favorite song, "The Navy Song". After a while of comparing, I decided my favorite between the 3 albums was definetly Billy Talent II, and not just because "The Navy Song". If you switched that song with any of the better songs on I, it would still be II. It's just put together so well, but it is close.
Along with the retirement of the Scorpions, they get to be inducted into the Rock Walk, Which is where bands put their hand prints on concrete blocks and are made into a walkway like the Hollywood stars walk. I'm glad they got in, they are so ridiculously good!
Trivium re-released their debut album, Ember To Inferno and added a few bonus tracks to it. If you didn't already have the album this is a good time to get it, the bonus tracks should be good ones.
I would love to talk about Fugazi, but sadly... There is no news of a reformation. So instead, I will talk about a random, hilarious thing they do. If you moshed at a Fugazi concert. They would tell you to stop. If you were retarded and did it again, they would take you, give you an envelope with a refund for their concert, and escort you out of the show. What hilarious people.
For those Nine Inch Nails fans out there, I have wonderious news! Trent Reznor is planning to release an album this year, although there's no info about it other than that really. I expect it to be a real mainstream album from him since he hasn't had a real claim to fame for quite a while.

Chaobot2 Chapter - -

Killswitch Engage will be in Munich, Germany by the 25th of July. Their new album cover looks more epic then the song, "Epic" by Faith No More. Their song, "Save Me", has bee mentioned before. And I'd like to support that It's a great song with a freaky music video to go along with it. It's like Primus but has much worse claymation.
On the Faith No More topic, their tour brought them to Dour Festival today. Of all the songs they have, I really enjoy "Evidence". it has nice rythmic flow and is truly one of their better songs.
On the weirder side of music, Primus is also on tour, (lots of tours going on man, LOTS) their next location is in San Fransico, for their 'Uber Secret warm up show', which ironicly is posted on there website. They will be in San Fran on the 18th of July. (In two days, lucky bastards)

Song of the Day - -

Blue Light - Bloc Party
It was an odd decision... The song is really a rather calm song with a very repetive flow. The odd thing about this song is that it seems to keep up the same thing, (Until the song blossoms into a whole new direction near the end) but they keep it somehow different. They layer the guitars differently and add some background layering to the guitar. One dissapointing thing about this song is that it's not even 3 minutes. It's short at 2:47, I always have a curse of liking short songs. And i always wish they were longer. If you aren't a Bloc Party fan, look up "Banquet" and you should be hooked rather fast. They're like The Strokes or The Bravery with a bit faster tempos and much more bass. Oh, and a black british singer.

- - Summer Update

It's almost time to sleep, then wake up and get ready for the studio. ******** waiting. I'm way too ******** impatient sometimes. Oh well.

Well, It came to my attention while talking about Bloc Party. I have this curse of loving short songs! "Unglued" by Stone Temple Pilots, it's like 2 minutes and if it were longer it would be even better! "Fell In Love With A Girl" By The White Stripes as well. Although I don't much care for The Stripes much anymore. Regardless, I hate this curse!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 5:31 pm
[x/][n/][g/] [l/][y/][n/][x/] [h/][o/][r/]

Music World - - -

Recent in Music - -

I'd like to draw attention to 12 Stones. For those who don't know them, I would relate them to Staind heavily, as well as Chevelle. They had a new single, "We Are One", a little while back. I don't really care for it. It's a little too poppy for them if you ask me. I don't think the upcoming album is going to show this effect though. I think it just might me that song.
Avenged Sevenfold would like to apologize for some of the viewers outaside the US trying to watch the "Nightmare" video online. It's apperently not working and they said they don't know why their label didn't want everyone to have viewing privileges.
Yesterday, the 16th of July. Was the day that Pantera's amazing album, Cowboys From Hell was finally ranked a platinum album. It took them seven years since it's release in 1990, so it was 1997 when the album went platinum.
There is lots of dispute between the bands, A Perfect Circle and Tool. they are so very similiar musically because if you didn't know. Half the members are the same in each band. It's really personal preference which one you like better but I, personally, prefer A Perfect Circle just because their songs are a little shorter and less repetitive. So i guess I do kinda set myself up to like short songs.
Tomorrow is Enter Shikari's last day on vans Warped Tour. If you're planning on attending Warped Tour, just know if it's not tomorrow. you wont get to see this amazing band in action! I have heard they are intense live especially with "ZZZONKED". If you still don't know Enter Shikari , (Even though I tell you to listen to the all the god damn time) they're like a hardcore... Screamo band with an amazing amount of keyboard and synth. I ******** love them. They're Canadian too which is what makes them all that little bit better.

Song of the Day - -

Pain - Jimmy Eat World
Back in the days of Clarity, the song was featured and became an idol of the emo/punk music scene. How it was ever considered emo I don't know because the happiest band in the world... But this song has the catchiest chorus ever and it's even better due to the Pixies effect having quiet verses and loud chorus's. It emphasizes the chorus's effectiveness as in Foo Fighters, "Stacked Actors". The song is very fitting if you wanna set up a playlist with lots of pep but still have some harmonic solos involved.

- - Summer Update

I don't have to sing tonight! I would've gone, but I couldn't get transport because I'm that big of a loser. It's not that I wanted to go but what evs. Now I get to stay over at my buddies house for one more night. Left 4 Dead will be life tonight!

Alt Metal is turning out to grab my attention more and more. it's just good stuff. Been looking into Red, Seether, and 12 Stones so much more recently.

Cat Named V

Tipsy Conversationalist

Cat Named V

Tipsy Conversationalist

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 6:39 pm
XING LYNX HOUR

Music World - - -

Recent in Music - -

For the incredibly rare Ash fans out there, They have come out with their newest single "Summer Snow". Which I find ironic that it's Summer. And the oh so obvious, 'It doesn't snow in Summer!"
The post-grunge acts, Goo Goo Dolls and Switchfoot, started off their summer tour today. They started off in Cleveland today and will be continuing onto the East Coast for the next few months. For everyone one who attended their show, they'd like to thank you for giving them a great first show to start off their tour!
The progressive metal solo artist, An Endless Sporadic, has been rumored to come out with an album within the next year or so. For those of you who didn't know, they only have 4 songs which I think are all amazing. My favorite being the ever complex, "Sun of Pearl".
The incredibly indie persona, Interpol, has released their video for "Lights" and it's available for viewing on Youtube. They had a very reknown director making the video which was a shocker. Charlie White was the so said director of the video.
Brandon Boyd has released his solo album, The Wild Trapeze, and will be heading back into the studio with Incubus to begin recording for their next album. So we'll have plenty more indie-bus on our hands soon. I suspect them to remain the same but perhaps reveal more of their distorted feel into some of their album.
Ex lead singer of Live, Ed Kowalczyk, has released his solo album, Alive, which I heard a song from on the radio and it is very similiar to Live's sound but quite a bit heavier.

Song of the Day - -

Most of All - Fuel
The incredibly under-rated band is finally getting a little recognition from me. The song, "Most of All" is an incredibly melodic song with lots of off-beat crashes that drive throughout the whole song. The lyrics in the song are also everchanging with verses that lead into the chorus's differently. I personally love the intro to the song, it's very simple, yet it's very harmonic and has a powerful chord structure.

- - Summer Update

Finally home from constant friend chillage. We over-played chess like ********. It was such a fun... 2 week weekend! And guess what? We're doing it again in August but with camping. So, even higher doses of epic. Should be one of the best weeks of my life!

Piss off factor: How all solo acoustic guitar players like Andy Mckee sound exactly the same. Every artist like that does. And every song sound the same. Not that I think they're bad, their just repetitive and boring. No offence to those who think that music is entertaining, just sayin'... It's not.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:33 am
X I N G L Y N X H O U R

Music World - - -

Recent in Music - -

Stone Temple Pilots have declared "Take a Load Off" as their newest single. Too bad it's gay Foo Fighters and nobady should like a bunch of copy artists who changed their sound completely. Just to piss me off I bet.
For those who don't know grunge staple band, Toadies, their new album, Feeler, came out this year and they've started their tour! They're in Houston right now I believe? So go see em'! And if you didn't piece together that info, yeah, they're back together. Sweet deal huh?
The indie-rock band, Rock Kills Kid, are working on a follow up album to Are You Nervous?. The band is rather similiar to The Killers with a higher focus on guitar as well as faster tempos. They're a pretty decent band and I look forward to them making new music. If you are interested in looking them up, I suggest "Paralyzed". It's a rather popular song by them but hey, it's a good one.
The platinum album, Rated R, by Queens Of The Stone Age, was re-issued this month. No new tracks were added but some were re-mastered to improve it's listening quality. One difference I found funny, was that the album is no longer light blue, It's and orangish red. It's cool and all but... Why?
For those of you looking for some free concerts, the post-hardcore band, Bayside, likes to do a lot of free shows for no reason really. I think their touring but just can't help but play everywhere regardless of if they get paid or not. What cool guys. I think I'll even refer to them as, troopers.
Senses Fail is working on a new album! If you're into their kind of emo/punk/hardcore blend (Much alike early Jimmy Eat World mixed with From First To Last, I hate FFtL Though) it's gonna be a big deal for you too because they already have 17 songs ready and still recording. So I'm expecting like 20 songs on this album. They've been working on it since January this year, so it's been a good 7 months of work on the album already and I'm expecting it to be out really soon. Perhaps October? Just a guess though.

Song of the Day - -

Black - Pearl Jam
One difficult thing about selecting this song was choosing which version. The regular is well balanced and recirded so well, but the live versions have the incredible 5 minute guitar solos that just on and on. Regardless of which version, they all have the amazingly catchy, harmonic 'Doo-doo doo doo Doo-doo-doo's which go throughout the song but on different instruments. It really holds the attention of the listener even though it keeps the same general thing going on with drums and bass, with altered dynamic levels.

- - Summer Update

I love Emily so much... We had such a good day! Tomorrow, we're planning on going swimming and getting Panda Express for dinner. Should be even better than today! Err... Yesterday technically. Well, anyhoo, I'm excited for what the day has to bring when the sun cracks.

When I don't get updates on Facebook from bands I have 'liked'. Queens Of The Stone Age updates all the time yet it never comes up on my page. Da ********? Same thing with Foo Fighters and like 20 other bands. Learn how to run a website you stupid ******** site. You even ******** up when I'm searching a name. I click on it and you just refresh the page. All the time you do this. Whore.

Cat Named V

Tipsy Conversationalist

Cat Named V

Tipsy Conversationalist

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:05 pm
XING LYNX HOUR

- - With additions from the dolofonos daimonas Drift!

Music World - - -

Recent in Music - -

To start off our Metal article, yes, it's the metal article, I'll tell you guys about how Dream Theater and Iron Maiden will be touring together soon. It should make for one epic metal show! 2 amazing singers, 2 amazing guitarists, a handful of shredmaster bassists and then the drummer of Dream Theater. No matter how hard you wish, Maiden's drummer is not good. Get over "Run To The Hills".
The 'Party Metal' band, Attila, have released their new shreddin' album, Rage, and it's available on iTunes for only $6.99. If you wanna view the band, just check em' out on Myspace. They just added stuff from Rage onto their profile and I listened to it, sounds pretty damn good. Sadly, they're coming to my area soon and I can't go! ******** choir.
The Metallica loving, Trivium, had made a major step by getting their song, "Shattering The Skies Above" onto God of War 3's trailer and soundtrack. I don't actually care for that specific song (Which is a true dissapointment) much but the album, Shogun, that it came on it pretty intense. Perhaps their hardest, fastest album to date. It's not just a bunch of over-cluttered nonscence either. It's a very quality album.
After Slayer released their last album, World Painted Blood, they announced they will have at least 2 more albums before considering a split. I'm not a major Slayer fan (I'm more into Pantera) but It's a joy to hear that they're gonna stick together a bit longer. Kerry King, (Lead Guitarist) seemed rather optimistic about the bands stability for the next 2 albums. He said that after incorperating all of their albums together for World Painted Blood that the next 2 albums should provide even heavier tracks that top those on God Hates Us All.
I had to recommend one metal band didn't I? I think one band you all need to get into is Periphery. They're proclaimed 'progressive death metal', but I don't see much death in their metal. They're heavy yes, but they have melody involved in their music and that automatically negates the 'death' in what they make. I would on the other hand consider them progressive, they have lots of variations throughout songs like prog metal headliners, Dream Theater and Tool. Their music has a very healthy balance of break-beats mixed along with melodic vocals. Although... They do scream often for those who find that a deciding factor in their metal.
One band I'm just discovering that's peeling my attention towards it is Vonray. They aren't very heavy, but they have a good blend of alternative metal in with noise rock. I heard the song, "Fame" and found it rather catchy. If you're interested in the sound of them, peek on em' at Youtube. The only song I can recommend is "Fame" being the only song I've heard really.

Song of the Day - -

Crossing Over - Five Finger Death Punch
Whew! With a name like they do, they deserved this spot big time. "Crossing Over" has another example of the Pixies effect. Quiet verses, loud chorus. It makes for a catchy song and an amazing emphasis on a strong chorus. One main difference from when Death Punch uses the technique is they're obviously a big thrashing metal band. Breaking Benjamin uses the effect often on Saturate but it's not the same effect when you can use heavy instruments but not use them loudly. It really gives the song a unique flavor. The song is featured on FFDP's second studio album, War Is The Answer, other songs I recommend from the album are, "Walk Away", the cover they did of "Bad Company", and their instrumental song, "Canto 34".

- - Summer Update

Well. I hung out with my darling for a few hours and I guess for the rest of the day I'm chillaxin. I don't have any real plans until thursday. So I guess I'll have to amuse myself with a few little things along the way.

- - dolofonos daimonas Drift

Where God Went Wrong
1. Bollocks on the outside
Most sensitive part of the male human physique, and he places it in almost the exact geological centre of the body, right between the legs, dangling down in it's own special bag. He might as well have painted them fluorescent orange and made the hair above it grow into the words 'your foot goes here'. Some might say that He in his magnificence deliberately made things this way to test his creations. They may be right. Some might say I nicked this joke from a Robert Rankin book. They would certainly be right. Who gives a s**t?

Just gonna say. I have already given out all the spots i can for assistance with the show. I can no longer give you parts in the show unless you really get me. The main reason I can;t add more people is I'm running out of Color schemes to give you all. Unless you are; Emmybearrr_DF, Chaobot2, dolofonos daimonas, or (The unmentioned and possible aquantance) Leo455. Leave me the ******** alone about it. Thank you for wanting to be a part though. Instead, you're gonna have to sit back and ******** off. Thank you for reading!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:34 pm
Xdgijwnadyg Lcfyjrnojx Hbrochutbr

- - - With additions from the dolofonos daimonas Drift!

Music World - - -

Recent in Music - -

Brandon Flowers, the volcalist of The Killers, has released his solo album. It's titled Flamingo, if that isn't at all REALLY gay. I haven't heard it for I only learned about it today. I imagine it'll still be pretty indie but expectedly more acoustic guitar. Like all solo artists...
If you Like A Day To Remember, you're sure to like beardcore band, Four Year Strong. They're similiar with less metal, a bit power poppier, and a lot more beard. I mean like, A LOT more beard. Look them up on youtube. They have some serious beards goin' on there. They all have beards!
The song, "Yesterday To Tomorrow" by Audioslave is starting to bug me. The bassline in the intro that repeats few times throughout, I'm starting to notice how it doesn't add up to any of the transitions because it's in like 3/8 time, while the rest of the song is 4/4. It bugs me so much because it never adds up to equal some 12 bar or anything!
Yes! I was previously talking about how little appreciation Stone Sour gets. Well guess who's album just came out for pre-order? Stone Sour's! You can pre-order Audio Secrecy on iTunes starting today! I am so excited, it's been forever since they had new music. They probably got back on track when Slipknot's bassist Paul Gray died on em'. Sad story though... He didn't need to die no matter how much his lyrics said he did.
There's another indie/grunge band I feel the need to inform everyone about. Wipers, they're very grungy yet take Dinosaur Jr.'s influence by having an intense muff over the distortion and using lead guitar. Which is sadly a rare commodity in grugne music. I suggest the track, "Just A Dream Away", you'll notice it is very similiar to Dinosaur Jr.'s sound. If it sounds good to you, get in on this.

Song of the Day - -

Swallowed - Bush
Really grungy stuff in this song. The song uses a very quiet intro and bridge to hook you into the explosive chorus and rushing verses. The song has major distortion on the guitar with loads o' feedback that bush seems to love. One entertaining part in this song is the constant use of 2 leads going on in the Chorus. Gavin Rossdale (Vocalist/guitarist) performs 2 leads during the chorus, one vocally and one on guitar. It must be hell playing that song live considering the 2 parts are completely unrelated to each other.

- - Summer Update

Day two of boring. But lucky for me it's gonna come to an end! Emily's coming over in just a half an hour. Lucky for me, I'm gonna be saved from the bored monster! No more dominos for me! Nah, I'm kidding. I really wish I had some ******** dominos...

- - dolofonas daimonas Drift

Where God Went Wrong
2. Inconsistent orgasms
A woman's orgasm can take place over fifteen minutes, and she's ready for another five minutes later (I think - I'm not a woman). A man's orgasm, however, lasts about fifteen seconds (if you're lucky) and it takes up to half an hour to psyche yourself up for another one. What was the logic behind that? What was the logic behind women being capable of shagging, shagging, shagging, all the long day, and not actually be interested in doing so, and then making shagging, shagging, shagging all the long day every male's ultimate shag fantasy, but leaving them shagged out after barely fifteen minute's shag? This may also be a case of testing us, but if it is I wouldn't want God at my school teaching Biology. This may also be an attempt at the world 'most uses of the word 'shag' in a single paragraph without making any reference to carpets or tobacco' record. Who can say?

People who brag about video games. I was playing an incredibly nerdy game, League of Legends, right? And there was this one f** trying to tell me "Oh, dude, you don't cast stun spells on tanks." And i was like... Ugh... "I haven't died and you've died like 3 times. How can you tell me what not to do?" He simply calls seniority and brags about how he joined before the first season started (Which I did too but just barely) and how he knows every characters abilities by heart. I was like. 'Cool, You know more than me about a very Warcrafty copied game. You're not a douche at all.' And especially people who brag about Guitar Hero, holy balls. Wont even start on them!

Cat Named V

Tipsy Conversationalist

Cat Named V

Tipsy Conversationalist

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:52 am
^X^I^N^G^ ^L^Y^N^X^ ^H^O^U^R^

Music World - - -

Recent in Music - -

Well, I've decided to punish you all by mentioning that one band, Hellyeah's new album, Stampede. I'm not recommending it. I'm not even gonna listen to it. But for those of you who like that kind of stuff. It's out. Go listen to your 'music'.
I recently re-fell in love with "Wish You Were Here" by Pink Floyd. It's one of the only Pink Floyd songs I even care about. Not to be comfused with Incubus's, "Wish You Were Here" that is also a very good song. But they're ugh... Practically polar opposites.
Woah! Woah! So... That amazing band Cake, is planning to have another album released in Autumn this year! Holy ********! One very nerving fact about it though is that the band said it will be... "Very Different..." says John McCrea of Cake. I'm hoping they're still gonna be amazing. I mean they are Cake, how bad could something they do be? I expect them to actually become a bit grungier, they were always borderline ready to be if they just plopped some good ol' distortion in there and lost the saxophones. One funny fact about this album, for you hippies out there, the studio they recorded in was run entirely on solar energy. So the album is a solar album! Get it!
One song you all know, but don't know the artist, "Hallelujah" by Rufus Walnwright. It's a brilliant piece, truly. It's covered by nearly any musician with a soul as well. To think, it debut'd on the kids movie, Shrek. You can all go look it up now and get all teared up at it's amazingness. Although, most covers done of the song turn out better. Rufus just doesn't have the power behind his voice that it needs.
We all know that Nirvana has lots of B-sides and unreleased tracks floating around out there. I have just a few I strongly suggest. First, "The Man Who Sold The World (Live)", it's not quite a B-side, but it's on their disrespected self-titled album. On the same album, "You Know You're Right", one of my personal favorites on Nirvana. Plus one of my favorite Nirvana songs in general. "Return of The Rat (Outtake)" Which was clearly labelled as an outtake. It's probably an outtake because it's almost too punk to be Nirvana. Still a good song regardless of it's musical roots. Those are just 3 of their amazing songs that get ridiculously disrespected. Another time!
I rarely find good remixed versions of songs. I have 2 to share with you those. "No Sleep Tonight (Qemists Remix)" By Enter Shikari. It's just wacky to listen to. Although, it's not too different from Enter Shikari's normal level of techno dubbiness. Another is, "Muscle Museum (Soulwax Remix)" by Muse. It's just insane. All of the instruments have been dubbed over and muffed up while adding intense basslines here and there to really pump the song up. It may almost be better than the original.
90s act, Pearl Jam, has released a live version of one of their newer songs, "Amongst The Waves" which can be downloaded totally free from their website. I think I'll look it up before I download it because I don't care much for new P-Jam. (Excluding "The Fixer", So ******** catchy...) It's not they're bad... It's just if a band changes it automatically ruins them.

Emmybearrr_DF Minute - -

Have you heard the song "Airplanes" by B.o.B? Of course you have, it plays every ******** ten minutes, whether or not you're even listening to the radio. It's not even good! Okay, I admit. Amazing message, but he cannot write at all to save his life.
Speaking of obsessive, I have been listening to Sublime non stop. It's... so good! I feel incredibly nostalgic when I hear Bradley Nowell sing about his dalmation Louie, smoking pot and rioting on April 26th, 1992. It's just perfect summer music.
Today I was listening to Taking Back Sunday with my lovely darling, and realized how ******** amazing they are. Songs like, "Little Devotional" and "I'll Let You Live", "This Is How I Do" and "Where My Mouth Is". In my opinion they are one of the bands that have not died within the past five years. Well, they haven't died yet. From First To Last have also gone a long way, with their (Terrible) first album; Aesthetic, into their sophomore album; Dear Diary, My Teen Angst Has A Body Count, and then Heroine. All dark, creepy and very emo. And then we have their self titled album, From First To Last, and their newest, Throne To The Wolves. Both, very different. But amazing. It's crazy how bands change, whether it's for the better or the worse.

Song of the Day - -

We Got It Going On - Bon Jovi
You do Bon Jovi! I cannot believe it took me this long to reveal some Jovester to you all. I feel a bit guilty... Oh well. This song has a very catchy bass line that generally drives the song which is very well defended with a loud, partying chorus! One of my favorite things about the song is the amazing talk box solo right after a big breakdown with some recorded voices. (Not singing, it's campaign rallying) The song is very well put together and a very good Summer song or anything to do with the road. For it is on Lost Highway after all.

Chaobot2 Chapter - -

First off, Jimmy Eat World's New album, Invented, will be here by September 28th. I'm not a huge fan, but they aren't bad at what they do, so this should get very interesting. The album was said to have been recorded where Jimmy Eat World came from; Tempe, Arizona. Also expect to hear their new hit, "My Best Theory", on the radio by August.
In other news, Enter Shikari, was said to be working on their album on June 27th, and they recently played in the warped tour. I won't lie; I can't wait for the next album, their new stuff is amazing and if they stick to what they had going in their most current album, Common Dreads, then this should be one fantastic album

- - Summer Update

Good day! Amazing day! Me and Emily just had a really fun day and we might go swimming tomorrow! Or Panda Express. We didn't do either like I said we were. We fail at making plans so bad!

Where God Went Wrong
3. Unclear Text
No book critic has ever tried to assess the Old Testament. Maybe they should. I did once. It's a crap story and it's very badly written. The use of grammar and diction is precarious to say the least, quite a few verses are repeated needlessly, often over and over, and it can't stop giving out completely miscellaneous details which aren't relevant at all to the story. This all makes for a very tedious read and a very thick book. If God had thought to make the whole text a bit easier to read and a bit less impossible to understand then maybe we'd be spared all the murder, torture, slavery, genocide and televangelists little bits of religious mistranslation can cause. And if rewriting the whole thing's too much of a hassle, how long would it have taken to put an address and daytime telephone number in there?

Just wanna say. This is definetly the most colorful XLH to date. I will name it, The Tabloid of Tremendous Colour. I just wanna thank everyone participating in sending in stories AND all the readers. I don't know how many readers I have. (If any) well, I know I have at least 3 beyond the staff. I've gotten a few PM's about the article. And only one of them was mad! It was about me when I said "Hot For Teacher" by, Der, Van Halen, was a shitty song. What a nublet he was.
And oh my god... Has anyone seen Rock Band 3? It perhaps will take the final blow to music's throat, You use frets and strings now. Are you KIDDING!? Once you take it that far, go learn real guitar. Actually, don't. Because you'll just learn the Guitar Hero songs and try to play "Through The Fire And The Flames" by that faggy Dragonforce, to all your friends. Who also think that Paramore is an exceptable band. (Fags) I'm so worried about what this'll do to music. It might just be over guys. Sorry, game over. The release date of that game will perhaps become the official day that music dies. I just mean... Wow... Before, those rythym games were like, "Whatever, it's just a game for fun that ruins a few songs by overplaying them. Whatevs. Sucks, but it's not too bad." Those faggots will officially think that they're the s**t. This is so terrible... I don't know what to do... Help?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:23 pm
XING LYNX HOUR

Music World - - -

Recent in Music - -

The Oasis drummer, songwriter, and performer; Stuart Cable, passed away recently. I would like to tell him to rest in piece and know that he provided us all with amazing music and hours of musical healing. Thank you Stuart Cable.
The Rockstar Mayhem Festival will be consisting this year of; Shadows Fall, Korn, Five Finger Death Punch, Lamb of God, Atreyu, and Chimaira. You'll have to look up the tour schedule but Shadows Fall has announced their performances will always be at 3:10pm. If you wanna see them specifically, show up at an appropriate time.
I bring up the Scorpions rather often, well, perhaps in some earlier articles. I would like to say a few songs by them that should get some public view. "Don't Stop At the Top", it's listed on Savage Amusement and it's a rather upbeat song with lots of harmonic scratches and melodic guitar leads. A rather good listen especially as a classic rock track that noobs wont know. Another is, "Unholy Alliance", it has some rather... Hilarious vocals but it has a catchy chorus and stands as a strong anthemic song. One more I'll recommend is "Skywriter", which is located on Eye II Eye, which is a rather strange sounding album for Scorpions. The song is a soft song with an amazingly epic, variating chorus. It's the number 1 Scorpion song I would have to recommend. Look them up. All of them.
One 90s band that's incredibly ignored is Mudhoney. I admit, sometimes their music is perhaps 'too' dirty, but in general they're an amazing band who was a major contributor to the beginning of grunge. I would advise you to listen to "Running Loaded" to get a good taste of what they sound like. That track is located on their self-titled album, Mudhoney. Go look it up my little 90s minions!
A new band I will tell you all to look up if you like Crooked X, ironically... King's X. They're a very focussed heavy metal band without the 8th note mutes. I can only advise one song, (For it's the only one I've heard) "Black Like Sunday" which is also the name of the album. If interested, that song is a good starting listen.
The first single on Tonic's new album has been announced as, "Release Me". I haven't heard it but I'm hoping that it's gonna be good. It is Tonic so I have high expectations. It should also give us a taste of what the new album will bring.

Song of the Day - -

If You Could Only See - Tonic
The beginning of the song is rather unique in my opinion. The intro is actually just the chorus but done only with acoustic guitar and vocals. It leads into a rather heavy, ethereal, power chord onslaught that slowly leads into the verses. The chorus normally has a very heavy message and has layers of electric and acoustic guitar. (The Tonic signature) The song is just very well put together and of course located on Lemon Parade.

- - Summer Update

Swimming tomorrow I guess? I hope so. Red Dead Redemption, epic game. Just sayin'. I would say it's like... GTA but it's actually good so... We wont compare. I've recently been Making fun of Serj Tankian a lot, well... He deserves it, he is a total douchebag.

Where God Went Wrong
4. The whole Garden of Eden thing
OK, so God makes the first two people, having spent an enjoyable week putting together their play centre. He then sets them to work coming up with nice names for all their furry friends. He also puts an incredibly dangerous piece of tasty fruit in full public view on a tree in the very centre of this brave new world, and tells his creations to leave it alone. Now, if I had been God, I'd have put this incredibly dangerous sweet treat in a safety deposit box, then buried it in some rarely-visited area of the garden. Thirty feet under. Then concreted it over and built a Laser Quest there or something. But then, if I had been God, Adam would have been called Rufus and the forbidden fruit would have been a forbidden bag of Liquorice Allsorts. Maybe some people just aren't born to the task. I'm not, but then God probably isn't either.

Newish Foo Fighters. Their most recent release, Echoes, Silence, Patience, & Grace, is starting to annoy me because it's so un-Foo Fightery. "Let it Die" isn't a bad song but... It's not the Foos... Neither is "The Pretender", another band should've made it and left the Foo Fighters alone.

Cat Named V

Tipsy Conversationalist

Cat Named V

Tipsy Conversationalist

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:18 pm
XING LYNX HOUR

Music World - - -

Recent in Music - -

It didn't get the song of the day, but that doesn't mean to ignore it. "Broken Hands", by Mudhoney; It's on Every Good Boy Deserves Fudge. (Which if you didn't know the name of the album is a technique for remembering the notes on staff paper) The song is actually kind of melodic for Mudhoney especially near the end when there's a melodic solo and the feel of the song really hits.
If you were interested in getting some Foo Fighters merch, you may be out of luck for awhile. The Foo Fighters have closed their shops online for just a little while. Not sure why, but they justified it by saying that work on the new album is picking up pace and they need to concentrate right now. Bands don't deal with money, you hire people to do it for you. They're bullshitting the ******** out of us. They should be selling merch as much as ever.
On a random note, I'd like to introduce the indie-grunge, Pavement. They're alright and I think I'll actually look into them later. I heard the song, "Unfair" on Pandora awhile ago and knew I needed to look into them. I'll come back with that when I find out how good they are, If I get to that...
I had before mentioned that Third Eye Blind was recording before I know, but I wanted to add a fun little fact; Stephen Jenkins said this about recording, "Just went through 24 guitars looking for the good ones!" So they should have some real good sound on this new album! Well, guitar-wise at least. I'm not sure what they'll sound like...
If you're much of a Bloc Party fan, you'll be thrilled to hear that their singer, Kele Okereke, has released his solo album, The Boxer. I haven't heard it but I'm guessing it's very indie sounding and much alike Bloc Party since Kele made up a good portion of their sound.

Song of the Day - -

Let Me Go - Cake
With the funnest 'foobillying' (Foobilly = Open strums combined with hammer-ons which are used immensily in, "Ballad of The Beaconsfield Miners" by Foo Fighters) riff you'll hear for a while, it keeps you excited with mounds of energy all the time. It also holds the 90s joke I mentioned previously in my articles... She said... The song has the rare use of guitar for Cake songs, but it still sounds very 'Cakish' if you ask me.

- - Summer Update

Swam today. oh my lord it was amazing! I feel so relaxed. Best part; My hair isn't ******** up the balls. It's actually really soft and looks... REALLY... Good. Best after affects of swimming ever. Now I'm back to Red Dead Redemption and Call of Duty.

Where God Went Wrong
5. The whole flood thing
Look, if you want to be a serious architect, you can't just flood the problem and expect it to go away. Sure, this might work with ant colonies and nymphomaniacs (innuendo), but not with worlds. No-sirree by golly. If everyone was really as sinful as you make out maybe that would have been a good time to parachute in that layabout son of yours and get him to do some work for once. For one thing, the sheer impossibility of flooding the entire world is going to be the meat of quite a few atheist's arguments when the Internet is invented. I can just imagine that fateful night when Noah was given his great task.

GOD: Aloha, Noah! How'd you like to go on a little holiday?
NOAH: Don't tell me - Bognor Regis for the weekend. Again.
GOD: I was thinking more along the lines of a cruise for forty days and forty nights.
NOAH: Kick a**! How much?
GOD: Absolutely nothing at all!
NOAH: Well, let no-one say you don't reward your students.
GOD: There's just a couple of little sub-clauses in the contract.
NOAH: Small print, eh?
GOD: For starters, I'm sort of doing a favour for this animal lover friend of mine. You'll sort of be sharing the boat with two of every single animal in the whole wide world.
NOAH: I see.
GOD: And you'll have to allow for all the poo as well.
NOAH: Surely that's up to the ship's owner?
GOD: There you've hit upon the other sub-clause.
One lengthy discussion later ...
NOAH: I'm quite happy with Bognor Regis, you know.
GOD: No! You shall build an ark. An ark with space for more poo than is probably healthy to have in an enclosed space.
NOAH: I wonder if it's too late to take up Buddhism...

Take a lesson from me, God mate - if you want to be seen as a kindly patriarch to mankind and thus obliterate use of the phrase 'god-fearing', try bribery next time. Give everyone sweeties if they promise not to be naughty. It works.

Having to make lots of tabs. I always need Pandora open or else I'll die, Gaia's usually up for this, same for Facebook but I actually socialize like a human there. Without the N-bomb dropping... Oh wait? Nuclear? No, ******. First time I said it all article. In fact, in any of my pages. I feel so releaved. Let's see how long it takes to get bitched at by the guild po-po. Unless they leave me a little lone-lone.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 6:45 pm
A - X I N G L Y N X H O U R - Z

Music World - - -

Recent in Music - -

Today, I'll be telling you 26 amazing songs! One per each letter of the alphabet! I wont give a 'discription' for each song, (due to me not having enough to say about each and every song) but if you like the artist, just look up the song. I will exclude anything that was a song of the day before, and the letter, 'Q'. Also, 'The' at the beginning of a song doesn't count. Also, no 'X' either.
"Any Other Day" by Bon Jovi
"Big Empty" by Stone Temple Pilots
"Comedown" by Bush
"Devil In A Midnight Mass" by Billy Talent
"Electricityscape" by The Strokes
"Falls On Me" by Fuel
"Glorious" by Muse
"Hide" by Creed
"I Don't Know Anything" by Mad Season
"Joan Crawford" by Blue Oyster Cult
"Kindergarten" by Faith No More
"Lithium" by Nirvana
"Mad Season" by Matchbox Twenty
"Now" by Days of The New
"Orion" by Metallica
"Pistola" by Incubus
"The Room" by The Living End
"Sweat" by Tool
"Torture Me" by Red Hot Chili Peppers
"Under The Same Sun" by Scorpions
"Valley of Dreams" by Tiger Army
"Would?" by Alice In Chains
"You Are" by Pearl Jam
"Zzyzx Rd." by Stone Sour

Song of the Day - -

... - ...
I just gave you 25 songs of the day. Shut your mouth and look those ones up! Most of them are bands you've probably heard of or know, but... I often forget people listen to ga'bage quite often. Look those ********' songs up okay?

- - Summer Update

So dazed... I had a massive 10 hour sleep last night after finally besting another level in Megaman X6. I'd been stuck on that level for 5 years. I did it. I finally did it.

Where God Went Wrong
6. Meatballs 3: Summer Job
Every time I say a little prayer I always finish it off with this: "Oh, and by the way, please turn up the gas in the special Hell you have created for everyone even remotely associated with the film 'Meatballs 3: Summer Job'. Also, when I die, please take my soul and plonk it in a ring-side seat, near the exit and never more than ten paces away from a snack peddler. Oh, and try not to make anything so shite ever again, even if you were only indirectly responsible for this one." I really hate that film.

I hate bosses that you can only fight with one character an after him is a part you need another character for. I know, not possible. It's how I'm thinkin' this is about to go. As you see; Very into Megaman.

Cat Named V

Tipsy Conversationalist

Cat Named V

Tipsy Conversationalist

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:57 pm
#X#I#N#G# #L#Y#N#X# #H#O#U#R#

Music World - - -

Recent in Music - -

Biggest news I have to mention today; Avenged Sevenfold has released their new album, Nightmare. I sadly have to say, I don't find it very good... I was looking forward to them reverting back to the golden A7X days like on City of Evil. But they actually took in an even greater level of pop that their self-tilted album had. I am noticing that Nightmare has a consistant dose of very mild vo-coder which is, LAME. My one 'yay' about this album is that, damn... That Dream Theater drummer is beast. The Rev was good but he's gettin' put to shame.
If you're a big fan of the stoner rock scene of the 90s; Kyuss, Wipers, Fu Manchu, and others dominated this genre. one band who I feel is excluded from the genres stardom is Truckfighters. They have a very centered stoner metal sound although it's a bit lighter than Kyuss's it's still great if not better. They're definetly a band to look into if you're a big Queens Of The Stone Age Fan who doesn't just like, "Sick, Sick, Sick" and "No One Knows".
R.E.M. has re-released their legendary album, Fables of The Reconstruction, with extended tracks and 14 bonus songs as a 25 year anniversary of it's original release. The new version of the album has 2 disks and they are planning to release a new version of it's vinyl soon as well.
Ooh, a new good band for my collection. Girls Against Boys, I found it funny that they weren't a girl band but I supposee I was happy with the outcome. They're very post-grungy and are distinquished because of their gruff, talk-sing vocals. I heard the song, "All The Rage", and absolutely loved it. Well... Maybe ignoring some of the lyrics, they were a bit annoying... Listen to it and you'd know what I'm talking about. They're very similiar to Eve 6 with intensily different vocals, they're on dead opposites of the spectrum. Look em' up when you have a chance.

Song of the Day - -

The Freshman - The Verve Pipe
The song is very harmonic and has a lot of ambient guitars which layer throughout the song as it reaches the chorus. The vocals of the song seem to be very passionate and change a lot throughout the song. Each chorus, the vocalist (Brian Vander Ark) mixes up each line and brings so much flavor to the song. The song is sadly one of the only good songs by The Verve Pipe, so if you like this song, you may not like the rest of the band. They're pretty unrelated.

- - Summer Update

My friends (As in my best friend and my girlfriend) went to go see Attila tonight. They're there now actually. And apperently there's like nobody there, which I guess ruins the moshing fun. I'm goin' over to my buddies house tonight and I'll probably have to do everything because they'll be to tired to move after that s**t. ******** style="color: green">- - The Rest of the Things I Hate

I know you were all worried about where dolofonos daimonas went. Do not worry guys, he'll be back next article with a new topic. Where God Went Wrong is however over. His new material will be on a new topic although I'm not quite sure what. Whatever it is, I'm sure it will brighten all your faces with offended laughter. (Mainly Christians)
For All Those Sleeping is a very deranged, faggoty, (Yes, I just invented a word) douchebaggity, (There's another) flock of scene rats. They are just... Pathetic...

**BOOKS~POEMS~WRITINGS~CENTRAL**

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff