Welcome to Gaia! ::

Cherub and Friends Art Guild

Back to Guilds

In this guild you may post your art for all to see, get tips on improving your work, and enter our monthly contests! 

Tags: anime, drawings, avatar, manga, shop 

Reply Contest
Art Style Contest ( Contest is over ) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

RzDz
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:36 pm
Minasama no atatakai kisu
another question would it be okay if i had one of my friends dress up like an anime character aka cosplay and i draw them? realism wise

yes  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:44 pm
Shall we post our entry here, or pm it to you? o _ o
I might try out. c:  

Au Contraire 0__0

Pandiecakes
Captain

Timid Healer

14,400 Points
  • Loiterer 100
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:51 pm
You post your entry here! ^^  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 8:30 pm
ooooo eek
this is interesting, never done this b4  

I_EmptyRain_I

Gracious Phantom

7,300 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Member 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Pandiecakes
Captain

Timid Healer

14,400 Points
  • Loiterer 100
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:52 pm
I can't wait to see what everyone's entries turn out like!  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:24 am
8 more days, people! Get those pieces in!

heart

We're probably wearing people out with all these contests!  

Pandiecakes
Captain

Timid Healer

14,400 Points
  • Loiterer 100
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Millionaire 200

bloodwitch

Edgiest Mage

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:35 am
i googled Surrealism and the Wikipedia page had a lot more .... styles? or something for it? do you think you could clarify it more? O___o, please?  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:50 am
bloodwitch
i googled Surrealism and the Wikipedia page had a lot more .... styles? or something for it? do you think you could clarify it more? O___o, please?

if you don't udnestand what i mean by surrealism google Salvador Dali , i looked for other styles but they either refer to atchitecture or painting so its all i got .

if you find something you like post here definition of that style and i might approve it  

RzDz
Vice Captain

bloodwitch

Edgiest Mage

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:11 am
RzDz
bloodwitch

if you don't udnestand what i mean by surrealism google Salvador Dali , i looked for other styles but they either refer to atchitecture or painting so its all i got .

if you find something you like post here definition of that style and i might approve it

well when i first thought of surrealism, i was thinking of a toilet for some reason >___>"

anywho, so Wikipedia states: "Surrealist works feature the element of surprise, unexpected juxtapositions and non sequitur" (not helpful right?)
then i went to surrealist techniques and well ... that's when you lost me ^____^
linky
there were alot of techniques, but ... i wasnt sure if you'd want them? o___O
thought the blot of ink on paper on looked really fun -grins-

[edit] honestly i'm probably gonna do realism, but surrealism was what i was thinking of first --and i had tried to do some research to understand it better, so that's why i wanted to ask -shrugs-

more info i found
linky "Surrealism is paintings of simple objects that don’t really make sense, like a picture of a dream. An example is a picture of a flying toaster.

Drawing simple surrealism is easy. All you have to do is pick a simple object. Then you pick other objects that make the first object look odd. For instance a toaster is a simple object and so are wings but wings on a toaster are odd. Another example is a pair of boots which are simple and toes which are simple by themselves, but boots that look like feet are weird.

Or you can pick an object that usually does not melt and draw it melting. Examples are a melting TV or a melting clock."

[/edit]  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:33 am
Exactly, Surrealism is drawing something that you couldn't see in real life or a distortion of something in real life.  

Pandiecakes
Captain

Timid Healer

14,400 Points
  • Loiterer 100
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Millionaire 200

bloodwitch

Edgiest Mage

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:39 am
yeah; that link of techniques kinda threw me for a loop b/c there were alot of things in there that did not seem ... quite the ... way that he wanted us to do surrealism; on of the techniques was essentially to just take a picture and dissect it into squares and then just rearrange the squares randomly (<< which doesnt seem like something we should do for this contest?)

anywho; back to realism
i had this photo on my cell that i took : here
and i was wondering if could just draw/color a picture (free handed of course ^^ ) based on that?  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:51 am
bloodwitch
yeah; that link of techniques kinda threw me for a loop b/c there were alot of things in there that did not seem ... quite the ... way that he wanted us to do surrealism; on of the techniques was essentially to just take a picture and dissect it into squares and then just rearrange the squares randomly (<< which doesnt seem like something we should do for this contest?)

anywho; back to realism
i had this photo on my cell that i took : here
and i was wondering if could just draw/color a picture (free handed of course ^^ ) based on that?

hmm looks like my colleg sweatdrop

Normally i wouden't allow it but since its realism If you promise not to trace it  

RzDz
Vice Captain

bloodwitch

Edgiest Mage

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:19 am
lol. It is a pic from my college. XD uta ^^
and I NEVER trace >.> unless it's my own drawings and I wanna do an inked version. :3
...i just kinda eyeball it  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:41 pm
Salvador Dali is a (very famous) great example of surrealism

temptation of st anthony
the persistance of memory

BTW:
copying doesn't seem fair at all! :< referencing should be allowed only. copying is a completely different skill from realism, it relies on hand-eye coordination only, no prior knowledge or skill with realism. :<  

univers-m

Shuuchi

Devoted Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:33 pm
univers-m
Salvador Dali is a (very famous) great example of surrealism

temptation of st anthony
the persistance of memory

BTW:
copying doesn't seem fair at all! :< referencing should be allowed only. copying is a completely different skill from realism, it relies on hand-eye coordination only, no prior knowledge or skill with realism. :<

copying = good practice, not creating unique art  
Contest

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces