Welcome to Gaia! ::

Harry Potter Guild of Gaia

Back to Guilds

The most active Harry Potter and Discussion guild in Gaia! 

Tags: Harry Potter, books, Discussion, Literate, Events 

Reply The White Tomb [Archives]
Chasers Cranny (Final SERIES) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Aren't you glad you were a Chaser???
maybe...
20%
 20%  [ 2 ]
nope, sorry
40%
 40%  [ 4 ]
HECK YES! we're the BEST!
40%
 40%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 10

IceeWitch

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:41 am
IceeWitch
Current Question!

Series Numero Uno
  • In Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (film), what did Professor Lupin use to get past the Whomping Willow? (Note: I'm talking about when he followed Harry and the gang to the Shrieking Shack)

• Which character was constantly being harassed by goblins for his gambling debts?

• According to Mad Eye Moody, which Death Eater took "a piece of him" when Mad Eye tried to arrest him?

• What body part did that Death Eater harm?

• When did Nicolas Flamel create the Philosopher/Sorcerer's Stone?

You will have until Wednesday (midnight, EST US) to send these answers to me! Do NOT use the internet to answer these questions. You can use the books and the movies though (good luck with that because you're limited in time). It's okay to guess because I don't expect you to get all of the questions right! If you use a reference (ie book or movie), I need you to tell me where you found the answer.

| Welcome | How to Play | Rules | Current Question | Chasers' Scoreboard | Previous Trivia Questions | World Cup Scoreboard | Hall of Fame |

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 2:58 pm
User ImageBurst down those closet doors once and for all ...

Andrew flies through the skies and dodges bludgers left and right as he tries to score with the quaffle. (pm sent with my answers)
... and stand up and start to fight. ~ Harvey MilkUser Image

Oshenukhar

IceeWitch

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:34 pm
I messed up a little bit on the Hall of Fame section, but I plan to fix that soon!

I've already received two PMs (one from each team)! I wonder how the points will tally up?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:39 pm
Sarah-Jane flies around the pitch, trying to dodge the bludgers.

((I sent the PM with my answers))

meree

Animekitty47

Blessed Phantom

10,100 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Streaker 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:04 pm
Kitty dodged a bludger and tried to get close to Andrew so she could take the Quaffle from him.

[[Is meree allowed to post in Hufflepuff's orange if that's one of Romania's colors? confused Oh, and I sent my answers too. 3nodding ]]

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:06 pm
((I'm confused about that too... I think someone said somewhere you post in house colors, but on the off-chance that we don't, from now on I'll just do bold black.))  

meree

Junimaia

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:23 pm
(( You should be posting in your house colours. This is mentioned in the Mini FAQ in the Stands ))  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:28 pm
Amber flies through the skies, dodging bludgers, passing the quaffle, and attempting to score.

((PM Sent!))

Stardust Disaster
Crew

Oshenukhar

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:32 pm
User ImageBurst down those closet doors once and for all ...

Andrew sees kitty coming after him and bolts away from her bobbing and weaving around the stands and other players, in attempt to make a goal.
... and stand up and start to fight. ~ Harvey MilkUser Image

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:34 pm
Sarah-Jane continues to avoid Bludgers, trying to score with the Quaffle.  

meree

Lyra Elizabeth

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:07 pm
I sent mine in this morning. I got the timezones mixed up though, so I thought I had to PM them this morning in order to get them in on time. In actual fact, I didn't need to send them in until tomorrow morning. Oops; I could have had more time to figure them out.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:13 pm
((This is where the teams stand right now))
As the game continues, Alicia the Ref (not the elf), takes a moment to look at the scoreboard, and remembers the memorable goals that happened already:

For Romania:
Kitty swooped and dodged a few bludgeoners, scoring 40 points! (4/5 questions right)
Helen was right behind Kitty and able to score 40 points too!
Lyra, the final Chaser for Romania, also scored 40 points!
Total: 120 points
For Belgium:
Andrew dipped and dabbled and was able to score 30 points! (3/5 questions right)
Sarah Jane avoided enough bludgeoners to score 30 points!
Amber Moonshade dodged bludgeoner after bludgeoner, and scored 40 points to keep the game close!
Total: 100 points

IceeWitch

Lyra Elizabeth

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:44 pm
"Woo hoo!! Go team Romania!"
*holds up hands to high-five teammates*

[[Good job team Belgium too.]]

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:16 pm
IceeWitch
Current Question!

Series Two
  • In Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (book), who was the first victim when the Chamber of Secrets reopened?

• Who was the Captain of the Gryffindor Quidditch team right before Harry?

• Prior to Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Harry had visited every Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher's office, with one exception. Who was the exception?

• What were Neville's parents' names?

• Two Weasley children were Head Boys, how many were prefects?

You will have until Sunday (midnight, EST US) to send these answers to me! Do NOT use the internet OR books to answer these questions. All of the questions refer to the Harry Potter book series, not the movies. It's okay to guess because I don't expect you to get all of the questions right! I'm trusting you so please be honest and DO NOT use the books/internet.

| Welcome | How to Play | Rules | Current Question | Chasers' Scoreboard | Previous Trivia Questions | World Cup Scoreboard | Hall of Fame |

IceeWitch

Animekitty47

Blessed Phantom

10,100 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Streaker 200
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:43 am
*high fives Lyra*

[[PM sent.]]

The White Tomb [Archives]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]