Submit

ska is
  awesome
  killer
  horrible
View Results

UreshiiNyoko

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 3:10 pm
flutes are pretty bitchin (I play one as well... not very well) but a well played trumpet... *drool*

Who agrees that they should make a drool icon?

I'm tempted to use my body as bait to form a sachem ska band. Maybe I could even sing. If I got to learn trumpet in the process I wouldn't mind. 4laugh  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 3:26 pm
AnonymousJoe
UreshiiNyoko
Electric Uncle Akuma
UreshiiNyoko
every ska kid is a band nerd but every band nerd (sadly) is not a rudie. crying

it's like that whole a square is a rectangle but a rectangle is not a square thing. 3nodding

I think I defy your theory.
I'm not in band. neutral

how dare you! well lets get you a trumpet to satisfy my theory. 3nodding

maybe there are exceptions.... too tired to think right now.
wait, do you play the drums if so thats fine, im a band nerd but i play the drums so its like acceptable to the other kids in the school and i dont get made fun of for it like alot of kids do

I play guitar for a ska band, so I suppose I'm a technicality in the theory.
I used to play trumpet, and I also can play bass, drums, and Alto Sax.
I'm just not apart of the school band.  

Electric Uncle Akuma

UreshiiNyoko

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 3:37 pm
the list of bands you just mentioned make me want to worship at your feet. now if you could play all of those well and march on drumline I would be having your children right now domokun  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 5:43 pm
UreshiiNyoko
the list of bands you just mentioned make me want to worship at your feet. now if you could play all of those well and march on drumline I would be having your children right now domokun
Okay, get this funny story.

So, I went to some of the marching band practices in the morning, I was living with my friend an alto/barry sax player for the week, so I went there when he did. Well one day I broke out the trumpet of a person who wasn't there and I played the trumpet solo from "The Bumble Bee Tuna" song, and the Teacher made me march that day. It was really bizarre, but it was fun to nudge my trumpeter friend when he missed a step.
I of all people kept time the best amongst the people around me, how sad is that?  

Electric Uncle Akuma

AnonymousJoe

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 7:39 pm
Electric Uncle Akuma
UreshiiNyoko
Okay, get this funny story.

So, I went to some of the marching band practices in the morning, I was living with my friend an alto/barry sax player for the week, so I went there when he did. Well one day I broke out the trumpet of a person who wasn't there and I played the trumpet solo from "The Bumble Bee Tuna" song, and the Teacher made me march that day. It was really bizarre, but it was fun to nudge my trumpeter friend when he missed a step.
I of all people kept time the best amongst the people around me, how sad is that?
i have a better one about school band, me and this other kid are playing snare drum for this peice, pretty simplistic s**t except some syncopation anyway, this kid never plays it right so at the concert for it today i play louder then him so he gets drowned out and no one sounds bad  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 7:56 pm
For our school's "All That Jazz" show, the band is doing a bunch of Ska covers...  

YoKo The Pastry Farmer

Noriko_Mimura

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 8:22 pm
LordYoKo
For our school's "All That Jazz" show, the band is doing a bunch of Ska covers...

That's awesome... I wish my school would do that. Well... I would wish that if our school band wasn't half-assed and on the upper end of mediocre...
The "coolest" songs we can hope for are from a selection of soundtracks from major motion pictures.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 7:46 pm
ahhhh marching band heart

I have a fun (completely unrelated) story as well. So there's the good old Baritone section and they are a little.... odd. So there is a slight breack to work out something with guard when Phil calls out "picture formation 34 89 22 hut HUT!" and drops to his hands and knees. Kris runs up and gets behind Phil grabs his hips and... yeah. then abu runs up in front and ...well you get the picture. they all throw their cameras to Dennis and give weird smiles and thumbs up and such while dennis took many many pictures. They then wrote in nise bold on the top "Marching Band: We want YOU!" "This one time at band camp..." "We kick Brass" "tromboneer kama sutra: doing it in 7 positions" ETC. These were then posted about the school and band room in places people don't normally look (band lockers, garbage cans, ceiling, etc)

I currently have the "this one time at band camp..." one hanging on my wall... heart  

UreshiiNyoko

Ivan The Somekinda-Punk

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 8:50 pm
I was surprised last year when I found out my metalhead friend is into ska. We went to Ska Is Dead 2 together. And recently I just got my best friend into ska, took him to Ska Is Dead 3. Just recently got him into The Specials.
"No, ******** you, dude! It's YOUR fault I'm listening to ska at 1 in the ******** morning!"  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 7:12 am
Haha... I got a big group of my friends into ska about 2 years ago... They never really got more into it than FIF and RBF, however...

Kinda bugs me.
>_>
<_<  

Noriko_Mimura

AnonymousJoe

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 2:08 pm
i have a better marching band story (i say we lable this the marchng band thread) the drum section hates being in marching band because it sucks besides the people, so were doing these races on the "correct" way to march and there timing the different sections, so we dont want to do it, oue section leader stands up for us (were waiting on the grass) shakes his head says no and sits down with us again. after some yelling they finally get us up there (which we were planning on) as soon as they say go we all scatter and walk back to where we were sitting and sit back down, everyone laughed at us, it would have been better if two kids didn't actually try just imagine a large group of people scattering and walking back to the grass to sit down  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 6:50 pm
I'm the only one with a basement big enough to party in so we decided to ring in the new year at my house. So My house = my stereo = my music = Ska! So it's just us sitting there and since we're all single I decided it was about time to blast "dateless losers" at them. I then started skanking and they attempted to join me. They were a bit spaztic (as if skanking doesn't look a little spazzy in the first place) so I put on "Skank by numbers" and we were up til 6-7 skanking the night away.

friends + ska +chocolate = a pretty bitchin party

What better way to (soberly) ring in the new year?  

UreshiiNyoko

Asthen

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 7:45 pm
sounds awesome!
i spent the evening watching star wars. redface  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 2:10 pm
i spent the night doing nothing but playing the drums until like 1030 and then i read the new cirque du freak, go me  

AnonymousJoe

moonisdown

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 3:00 pm
AnonymousJoe
all i know is that

you don't know, all you know is that you don't know nothing..right?
and thats fine. rofl
okay, sorry..had to.  
Rude Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas