Matt Pniewski
Lazarus The Resurected
Shadows-shine
Lazarus The Resurected

LDS?

Also known as the mormons

ah. Later Day Saints.
*shudder* mormons.

Come on. Don't talk about Mormons as if they are as bad as those "Christian Scientists." Anyone whose religion is based on "Don't see the doctor" and "Your kids don't need to get Vaccinated" is a danger to all of us.

Haha, I've heard about those guys...they're kind of weird...

You can believe what you want, practice what you want... Unless it potentially hurts others.

http://www.gutenberg.org/cache/epub/3187/pg3187.txt

However, as long as I am making fun of different religions, your next:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHdeR5QKvWU

Classic South Park. Though i should point out that while the episode spends the entire episode making fun of the Mormons, it turns it around on the audience at the end. Because South Park is smart television.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:05 am
I've seen the South Park episode about Mormons. I found it kind of lame. But then again, I have never liked South Park no matter what they are making fun of.  

Shadows-shine

Invisible Shapeshifter

[GoGo]

Hilarious Conversationalist

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:09 am
.�: || :�.

Hmm so if you are niether Catholic or Christian then there is no reason for you to even think about baptizing your child. All baptism is an outward confession of the faith. Now i personally believe baptizing a child as an infant does nothing for the child, they need to choose to be baptized when they come to the faith and believe.

And a note on mormons: Crazy.

.�: |User Image| :�.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:46 am
[GoGo]

Why? And how?  

Shadows-shine

Invisible Shapeshifter

Matt Pniewski

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:43 am
Shadows-shine
[GoGo]

Why? And how?

Because, while believing in a man who could turn wine into water, walk on water, feed thousands with just a few loaves of bread, who was killed in horrific ways, magically came back from the dead is totally not a crazy insane thing to believe, believing that the Native Americans are actually lost tribes of Israel is complete looney tunes.

Remember, eating a wafer that is supposed to magically become the body of Christ and remove sins is completely rational.

Some of the things Christians believe make Scientologists look sane. We don't think about it, we train ourselves not to. Why not? Why not just admit it? Why can't everyone acknowledge what they believe is, if you get down to it, really, really stupid?

Maybe its simply because people are so afraid to look at it like that, that their faith won't survive, or too bullheaded to realize how wacky it all is in the first place......  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:39 am
Matt Pniewski

Quote:
Because, while believing in a man who could turn wine into water, walk on water, feed thousands with just a few loaves of bread, who was killed in horrific ways, magically came back from the dead is totally not a crazy insane thing to believe, believing that the Native Americans are actually lost tribes of Israel is complete looney tunes.
With Christ feeding the thousands with the loaves of bread, was the miracle that all of them were sharing the limited amount of food or that there was actually enough food to go around? We don't know, the Bible is not specific. And it's not looney to believe that the Indians maybe the lost tribes, any one who is alive after the flood that happened in Noah's time is some how a decendant of Abraham. (Please note: I do not think the Flood covered the entire earth.)

Quote:
Remember, eating a wafer that is supposed to magically become the body of Christ and remove sins is completely rational.
I don't know what sect in Christianity believes that, but I don't. I believe the bread represents His body, not that it literally is His body. And the sacrament does not remove sins, it is just how we renew the covenants that we have made with the Lord at baptism.

Quote:
Some of the things Christians believe make Scientologists look sane. We don't think about it, we train ourselves not to. Why not? Why not just admit it? Why can't everyone acknowledge what they believe is, if you get down to it, really, really stupid? Maybe its simply because people are so afraid to look at it like that, that their faith won't survive, or too bullheaded to realize how wacky it all is in the first place......
I don't see how it's stupid and I don't see how it's wacky. I highly doubt that any Christian is going to agree that when they take a step back and look at their faith they are going to realize it's crazy.

Shadows-shine

Invisible Shapeshifter

Matt Pniewski

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:54 pm
Shadows-shine
Matt Pniewski

Quote:
With Christ feeding the thousands with the loaves of bread, was the miracle that all of them were sharing the limited amount of food or that there was actually enough food to go around? We don't know, the Bible is not specific. And it's not looney to believe that the Indians maybe the lost tribes, any one who is alive after the flood that happened in Noah's time is some how a decendant of Abraham. (Please note: I do not think the Flood covered the entire earth.)

Quote:
I don't know what sect in Christianity believes that, but I don't. I believe the bread represents His body, not that it literally is His body. And the sacrament does not remove sins, it is just how we renew the covenants that we have made with the Lord at baptism.

Quote:
Some of the things Christians believe make Scientologists look sane. We don't think about it, we train ourselves not to. Why not? Why not just admit it? Why can't everyone acknowledge what they believe is, if you get down to it, really, really stupid? Maybe its simply because people are so afraid to look at it like that, that their faith won't survive, or too bullheaded to realize how wacky it all is in the first place......
I don't see how it's stupid and I don't see how it's wacky. I highly doubt that any Christian is going to agree that when they take a step back and look at their faith they are going to realize it's crazy.

I think you misunderstand me.

The things that most people believe in Any religion can be pretty much summed up as fantastical. It's not about saying that it is or isn't real, but that the very things we believe are things that are completely outside of reason and logic. It's faith, its religion. The moment you look at it as an outsider, you have to go 'Wait, that is pretty silly."

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:42 pm
Matt Pniewski

I think you misunderstand me.

The things that most people believe in Any religion can be pretty much summed up as fantastical. It's not about saying that it is or isn't real, but that the very things we believe are things that are completely outside of reason and logic. It's faith, its religion. The moment you look at it as an outsider, you have to go 'Wait, that is pretty silly."

I thought that was what you were getting at, but I wasn't sure, as it is so hard to catch tone through text. But yes, I can totally see what you are saying that from an outsider's perspective, religion is nonsensical.  

Shadows-shine

Invisible Shapeshifter

Lazarus The Resurected

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:00 pm
Matt Pniewski
Lazarus The Resurected
Shadows-shine
Lazarus The Resurected
Shadows-shine
Lazarus The Resurected
atualy now that i think of it, if my kids get saved, they'll disown us anyway.

Maybe not...

My parent's contemplated disowning me when I told them I converted to the LDS religion.

LDS?

ah. Later Day Saints.
*shudder* mormons.

Come on. Don't talk about Mormons as if they are as bad as those "Christian Scientists." Anyone whose religion is based on "Don't see the doctor" and "Your kids don't need to get Vaccinated" is a danger to all of us.

no, it's a danger to the kids. personaly, i'm not that worried about the children of christian scientists dying of preventable illnesses because thier parents were too stupid to get them Vaccinated. Less peopleto share resourses with, less christian scientists, seems like win-win to me. and i have to be a little mean to the mormons, hey take abstinence too far.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:41 am
Lazarus The Resurected
Matt Pniewski
Lazarus The Resurected
Shadows-shine
Lazarus The Resurected

LDS?

ah. Later Day Saints.
*shudder* mormons.

no, it's a danger to the kids. personaly, i'm not that worried about the children of christian scientists dying of preventable illnesses because thier parents were too stupid to get them Vaccinated. Less peopleto share resourses with, less christian scientists, seems like win-win to me. and i have to be a little mean to the mormons, hey take abstinence too far.

What's wrong with abstinence?  

Shadows-shine

Invisible Shapeshifter

Matt Pniewski

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:07 am
Shadows-shine
Lazarus The Resurected
Matt Pniewski
Lazarus The Resurected
Shadows-shine
Lazarus The Resurected

LDS?

ah. Later Day Saints.
*shudder* mormons.

What's wrong with abstinence?

Some people have theorized that there are negative psychological effects. I can't say there is anything concrete to it (because I honestly haven't looked into it). However, there is enough for me to say that Abstinence only education is terrible idea. That, and because if you fail, you become completely ignorant of all other options.

My Girlfriend was waiting at first, for me to be with her a long time so she knows that I'm not just trying to get her in bed. Now, she's waiting on her birth control. I stand by what she is doing, because it's pretty close to my philosophy. I'm a human. Im not perfect. I haven't waited until marriage, and I know I won't wait. But I know that there are benefits. Its the best Birth Control out there.

There are many Christians, and I believe the Mormons are amongst them, who find sex to be a Man's perogative. A woman not only must wait for Marriage, but be limited simply by the man's desire. if I am mispeaking, I apologize. But the key issue I think Laz was getting at was the problem of 'What about those who don't wait?'

A strict Church community would ostracize people for pretty much being human, regardless of whether or not the relationship was a strong one, or just a quick fling.

Christian Scientists affect their children, who are too young to know the truth. Also, this allows for Viruses to be spread, and transmitted in areas where they would likely die out.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:21 am
Matt Pniewski

Some people have theorized that there are negative psychological effects. I can't say there is anything concrete to it (because I honestly haven't looked into it). However, there is enough for me to say that Abstinence only education is terrible idea. That, and because if you fail, you become completely ignorant of all other options.
I haven't looked too far into the theories either. I think abstinence should be emphasized, but if one fails at it, because we as humans are not perfect, then other options should emphasized as well. I don't agree with the strictly teaching abstinence stance, though I do encourage it.

Quote:
My Girlfriend was waiting at first, for me to be with her a long time so she knows that I'm not just trying to get her in bed. Now, she's waiting on her birth control. I stand by what she is doing, because it's pretty close to my philosophy. I'm a human. Im not perfect. I haven't waited until marriage, and I know I won't wait. But I know that there are benefits. Its the best Birth Control out there.
Definitely. I didn't wait till marriage either, but that won't stop me from encouraging my daughter to wait until marriage though. I will still educate her in the other alternitives like birth control and what not though.

Quote:
There are many Christians, and I believe the Mormons are amongst them, who find sex to be a Man's perogative. A woman not only must wait for Marriage, but be limited simply by the man's desire. if I am mispeaking, I apologize. But the key issue I think Laz was getting at was the problem of 'What about those who don't wait?'

Well, I don't speak for the whole the LDS Church, but that's not my view about sex, nor is it my husband's view. As for those who don't wait, I don't judge them nor do I point fingers at them. I know it's frowned upon in a large amount of Christianity, but I have yet to meet a sincere Christian that condemns a person for not waiting. Most of the Christians I know have not waited, so maybe that's why they don't point fingers. *shrugs*

Quote:
A strict Church community would ostracize people for pretty much being human, regardless of whether or not the relationship was a strong one, or just a quick fling.
Some are like that, but not all.  

Shadows-shine

Invisible Shapeshifter

The Amazing Ryuu
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:41 pm
Lazarus The Resurected
and i have to be a little mean to the mormons, hey take abstinence too far.

Are we talking about the same Mormons who seem to encourage their men to have multiple wives? Because otherwise, I'm not quite sure what you're talking about.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:55 pm
The Amazing Ryuu
Lazarus The Resurected

Are we talking about the same Mormons who seem to encourage their men to have multiple wives? Because otherwise, I'm not quite sure what you're talking about.

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints does not practice polygamy any more. They renounced it long ago.

There is a sect that refer to themselves as the FLDS (Fundamental Latter day saints) that practices polygamy, but they are in no way affiliated with the LDS church or vice versa.  

Shadows-shine

Invisible Shapeshifter

The Amazing Ryuu
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:18 pm
Shadows-shine
The Amazing Ryuu
Lazarus The Resurected

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints does not practice polygamy any more. They renounced it long ago.

There is a sect that refer to themselves as the FLDS (Fundamental Latter day saints) that practices polygamy, but they are in no way affiliated with the LDS church or vice versa.

Still, I didn't think they did a complete 180 about it either. Going from too many to none seems counter-productive.  

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games