Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Viewer counter
  +1
View Results

Curtis25

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 7:46 am
I have a cpl of questions before I can make my mind up on this subject.

1. Don't sentient beings die when they are assimilated by the borg?(because I know that the Borg can Assimilated dead bodies , they did it to Kirk in one of the books.)

2. What happens to the changlings when they die?(stay solid or liquify?)  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 8:35 pm
Captain Picard and Data also killed the Borg Queen. We have no idea what changed in the Borg collective because if it.  

Neko-chan32981

4,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Signature Look 250

Se Ga Takai
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 8:50 am
Neko-chan32981
Captain Picard and Data also killed the Borg Queen. We have no idea what changed in the Borg collective because if it.
Not so much THE but A. In Voyager, there was another Queen, so I think it would affect much the same as a Beehive would. If one Queen from a Beehive dies, then it is either replaced, or that specific collective has problems, but other hives are unaffected.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 2:38 pm
As much as I love the changelings, (and LOOOVE the Breen) I would have to say the Borg would be able to take them. Realistically I don't think even the Federation stands much of a chance against them. If the Borg decided to go full force against the Federation it would be absolutely over. Lucky for the Feds the Borg seem to only send 1-3 ships at a time, and those manage to destroy entire fleets.
If it were ground to ground combat the changelings would win no doubt, but the Borg's technology is so superior that they would totally take the changelings. I mean the Borg use tactics like going back to a critical point in history and assasinating the inventor of Earth's warp drive, no one can win against that.  

SmoothMineral

Blaze-kun

Dapper Gekko

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:05 am
Curtis25

1. Don't sentient beings die when they are assimilated by the borg?(because I know that the Borg can Assimilated dead bodies , they did it to Kirk in one of the books.)

1. No, phsyically they don't "die" when their assimilated. Yes, their individuality dies..

2. I don't think they can naturally die.. not sure.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 5:59 am
Blaze-kun
Curtis25

1. No, phsyically they don't "die" when their assimilated. Yes, their individuality dies..

Yes changelings can die and can be killed in the DS9 episode "The Adversary" Odo kills another changeling by throwing him into the warp core of the Defiant. Also in the episode "Crossover" when Kira and Bashir go to the mirror universe Bashir kills the evil mirror Odo with a phaser.  

Saoraan

Andy Magnuseth

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 3:21 pm
y'know, if there were other worlds connected to the Star Trek universe by wormhole, we could get some other possibilities going. But that might be against Guild codes.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 1:58 pm
Saoraan
Blaze-kun
Curtis25

Yes changelings can die and can be killed in the DS9 episode "The Adversary" Odo kills another changeling by throwing him into the warp core of the Defiant. Also in the episode "Crossover" when Kira and Bashir go to the mirror universe Bashir kills the evil mirror Odo with a phaser.
They don't die naturally I don't think.  

Blaze-kun

Dapper Gekko

weather_person

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 2:22 pm
I think neither side would win. The Borg are technically superior (the Federation defeated the Dominion but has no chance against the Borg), but they have no reason to go after Changlings. The Borg can't assimilate them, so why bother? And, the Changlings wouldn't antogonise the Borg and make them attack, because they're not that stupid.

And, even if the Borg decide to go into a war for NO APPARENT REASON (which would be odd, since the Borg aren't stupid either), the Changlings could scatter and hide, and some would survive. I can't remember for sure, but in the Chain, aren't the Changlings like one sentient that can split into parts, but are still one? In that case, even if a single Changling survives, the culture lives on.

So, in the end, neither side would ever win. They'd both take damage, but neither would be totally defeated.  
PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 12:37 pm
The Borg would probably win because they are the most ruthless--and mindless.  

Wind-Whisper

Wind-Whisper

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 10:56 am
On the other hand, the Organians might show up, infiltrate both to have a look around, and then decide to disable them all. (TOS & ENT)  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 4:42 am
Wind-Whisper
On the other hand, the Organians might show up, infiltrate both to have a look around, and then decide to disable them all. (TOS & ENT)

eek The Organians were in ENT!?!?!?  

Saoraan

Nathan6688

1,100 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 5:28 pm
The Borg would win.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 7:33 am
The borg. There are just too many of them functioning as a whole. Maybe if people functioned as a society instead of fighting wars, we would be as successful as the Borg!  

Kiera Greyback

Nuri66

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 8:19 am
weather_person
I think neither side would win. The Borg are technically superior (the Federation defeated the Dominion but has no chance against the Borg), but they have no reason to go after Changlings. The Borg can't assimilate them, so why bother? And, the Changlings wouldn't antogonise the Borg and make them attack, because they're not that stupid.

And, even if the Borg decide to go into a war for NO APPARENT REASON (which would be odd, since the Borg aren't stupid either), the Changlings could scatter and hide, and some would survive. I can't remember for sure, but in the Chain, aren't the Changlings like one sentient that can split into parts, but are still one? In that case, even if a single Changling survives, the culture lives on.

So, in the end, neither side would ever win. They'd both take damage, but neither would be totally defeated.
True. I think it would be impossible for either to defeat the other.  
Boldly Go - A Star Trek Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff