Reply 15. ✿ - - - Polls And Questions
Do you believe in Ghosts? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Happedol

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:21 am

I don't believe in them. Simple reason: no proof. I once tried talking to one through an Ouija board.(Please don't start with me : it's dangerous! oh no!). Nothing happened. My friend was creeped out, only because of the sounds of leaves and such ( we were outside). I don't think you're insane when you say you can see/hear them. I think it has something to do with the theta brain state.

Quote:

Theta is the brain state where magic happens in the crucible of your own neurological activity. Theta brings forward heightened receptivity, flashes of dreamlike imagery, inspiration, and your long-forgotten memories.

Or a simple case of self-deceiving.

Also,there was a girl I knew who saw weird mists, she took some pills that helped her and now she doesn't see them anymore.

Also, you do know that you can't really take a pictures of an orb. It is proven that it's just something with your camera (Forgot what it was, I think it had something to do with dust. I'll look it up sometimes).

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:28 am
Happedol
I don't believe in them. Simple reason: no proof. I once tried talking to one through an Ouija board.(Please don't start with me : it's dangerous! oh no!). Nothing happened. My friend was creeped out, only because of the sounds of leaves and such ( we were outside). I don't think you're insane when you say you can see/hear them. I think it has something to do with the theta brain state.
Quote:

Theta is the brain state where magic happens in the crucible of your own neurological activity. Theta brings forward heightened receptivity, flashes of dreamlike imagery, inspiration, and your long-forgotten memories.

Or a simple case of self-deceiving.

Also,there was a girl I knew who saw weird mists, she took some pills that helped her and now she doesn't see them anymore.

Also, you do know that you can't really take a pictures of an orb. It is proven that it's just dust on the camera.

talk2hand

Dont even get me started of how wrong you are in so many ways.
If I were to tell you,
You would think I would be b***hing at you~.
So I'm just going to say...
IM NOT F**KING CRAZY.
They ARE real.
Its not just some stupid state of mind.
How do you ignore a cabinet slamming right before your very eyes while your in the room with ten other people saw it too?
Not all of those 10 people have problems with the brain.
THEY
ARE
NOT
ILLUSIONS.
I will not listen to your reasoning otherwise.
Nothing you say or do will change the fact that the afterlife does roam the Earth because of unfinshed buisness they have with certain people.

girl u done goofed

6,200 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Happedol

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:34 am

Please don't get upset it me, it may mean much to to you, but you can also say that in a calm way.

But I first want to say: I have stressed that I do not call these people crazy. I have psychological problems and people would call me crazy. So I would never call anyone crazy.

And, I ignore it for I haven't ever seen it, even when I was trying to provoke it. Even when I actually believed in it.

And there are a few more problems I have with it. I've heard/read about a lot of people claiming to see ghosts, and there are always certain factors that return:

Most of the time, they see humans. Never animals or such. Why would only humans be seen?

Almost always, these people are talking about 'typical' ghosts. Scary-looking or most of the time, from the Victorian period or late 18th/19th century.

Also, who is to decide if these people have unfinished bussiness or not? It's so subjective.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:44 am
xXxEternalWolfSpiritxXx

talk2hand

If I were to tell you,
IM NOT F**KING CRAZY.
They ARE real.
How do you ignore a cabinet slamming right before your very eyes while your in the room with ten other people saw it too?
THEY
ARE
NOT
ILLUSIONS.
Nothing you say or do will change the fact that the afterlife does roam the Earth because of unfinshed buisness they have with certain people.

#1... she never said you were crazy. She even said "I don't think you're insane when you say you can see/hear them."

# 2... it could very well be movement in the ground sending waves and making it close. Did you know there are millions of earthquakes every day, everywhere? They're just not noticeable. But still, it's movement in the ground and could send movement up to that cabinet.

# 3...if you won't listen to her reasoning, she doesn't have to listen to yours, either. Not saying she won't, but if you refuse to listen to hers then it's not necessary for her to listen to yours.

#4... yes, I do believe in ghosts, in a sense. But my beliefs are complicated and I don't really feel like typing that much.

#5... please forgive me for sounding mean sweatdrop

Ramcee

Premium Grabber

girl u done goofed

6,200 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:46 am
Happedol

Please don't get upset it me, it may mean much to to you, but you can also say that in a calm way.

But I first want to say: I have stressed that I do not call these people crazy. I have psychological problems and people would call me crazy. So I would never call anyone crazy.

And, I ignore it for I haven't ever seen it, even when I was trying to provoke it. Even when I actually believed in it.

And there are a few more problems I have with it. I've heard/read about a lot of people claiming to see ghosts, and there are always certain factors that return:

Most of the time, they see humans. Never animals or such. Why would only humans be seen?

Almost always, these people are talking about 'typical' ghosts. Scary-looking or most of the time, from the Victorian period or late 18th/19th century.

Also, who is to decide if these people have unfinished bussiness or not? It's so subjective.

Okay ><
I spaz out when someone tries to tell me they aren't real.
Then I get all bitchy ><
But I have seen animal spirits ):
I had two black cats when I lived in my old house down in Texas.
Both died,
Then I started seeing two black cats always in the hallways and sitting on stools and chairs.
I would even see them run into my little brother's room every now and then.
Actually,
Im attending the Chicago Paranormal Society Investigation Team meeting next Friday.
And we're gonna go ghost hunting :3
But as I was saying...
Sometimes,
Yeah I know they might be illusions,
Maybe you just need to ignore them.
Funny thing about the Paranormal,
If you ignore the spirits,
They will most likely try to get your attention.
But if you live in a house that isn't haunted...
Then I cant help you there .-.
Every single house we have lived in has been haunted {We've lived in 8 different houses}

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:52 am
iNicoler
xXxEternalWolfSpiritxXx

talk2hand

If I were to tell you,
IM NOT F**KING CRAZY.
They ARE real.
THEY
ARE
NOT
ILLUSIONS.

#1... she never said you were crazy. She even said "I don't think you're insane when you say you can see/hear them."

# 2... it could very well be movement in the ground sending waves and making it close. Did you know there are millions of earthquakes every day, everywhere? They're just not noticeable. But still, it's movement in the ground and could send movement up to that cabinet.

# 3...if you won't listen to her reasoning, she doesn't have to listen to yours, either. Not saying she won't, but if you refuse to listen to hers then it's not necessary for her to listen to yours.

#4... yes, I do believe in ghosts, in a sense. But my beliefs are complicated and I don't really feel like typing that much.

#5... please forgive me for sounding mean sweatdrop

Well i realized she had not said anything like that :/
And no,
It wasn't an earthquake.
It was just that one cabinet.
Not even the ground moved at all.
So it wasnt an earthquake .-.
We live somwhere,
Where earthquakes have NEVER in the history of FOREVER happened ._.
So it was a spirit ><
If I listen to her reasoning,
Then what point is there to have the afterlife?
What point is there to have spirits?
Im not saying she's wrong for thinking what she wants~
But I don't see the point of having spirits if no one will believe in them .-.
Thats all im saying.

girl u done goofed

6,200 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Happedol

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:53 am

It's just that I've heard so many stories when I used to be interested in paranormal things, and they were so inconsistent that I find it very hard to actually believe in them. Maybe they do exist, and that some people do see them, but there are a lot of frauds out there. I'm not saying I'm not open to it : I would love to go to a haunted house. But I won't make the same mistake twice to believe in something like that before experiencing it, and investigating it.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 12:11 pm
xXxEternalWolfSpiritxXx

Well i realized she had not said anything like that :/
And no,
It wasn't an earthquake.
It was just that one cabinet.
Not even the ground moved at all.
So it wasnt an earthquake .-.
We live somwhere,
Where earthquakes have NEVER in the history of FOREVER happened ._.
So it was a spirit ><
If I listen to her reasoning,
Then what point is there to have the afterlife?
What point is there to have spirits?
Im not saying she's wrong for thinking what she wants~
But I don't see the point of having spirits if no one will believe in them .-.
Thats all im saying.

Yes, but as far as I know that was the only cabinet open. What would a jillion cabinets be doing open anyways?
Did you not understand my post? I said they're small and unnoticeable. The earth's plates are always shifting. I live in a place where earthquakes never happen, too. But that doesn't mean that sometimes things don't fall or move involuntarily.
And no, our house isn't haunted.

Woah, woah, woah, who said that listening to it meant believing it? I listen to what Westboro preaches, but do I believe that they speak the truth? Hell no! I listen so I can get an understanding of their opinion and explain why I disagree with them better. ((I'm not bashing your opinion AT ALL, Happedoll. Sorry if it came off like that sweatdrop I'm just trying to clarify myself. I actually think you backed it up well, and I do actually kinda believe in the same thing. But like I said, complicated opinion and too lazy to type it all :P))
There's alot of things that people don't belive in. If there was no point to them just because somepeople didn't belive in them and they didn't exist because of that, nothing would exist.

Ramcee

Premium Grabber

Happedol

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 12:41 pm

Not feeling offended at all ^^

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 12:49 pm
Sigh~
Im done with you f**king people.
No offense.

Peace~ <,3

girl u done goofed

6,200 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Happedol

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 12:51 pm

...oh. Wow. That was really bitchy. And rather close-minded.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 12:53 pm
rolleyes

Well I didn't really mean it to you Happedol :'P

girl u done goofed

6,200 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Happedol

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 12:56 pm

Doesn't matter. That girl was being polite and tried to explain her point. Please don't get like that when people have a different opinion.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 1:04 pm

@ Happedol: Good sweatdrop It kinda sounded like it came across when I read over it again so I decided to edit it and add that in. But I have a tendency to over-analyze everything :P

@ Wolf: Likewise. If you won't try to see my opinion, then I won't continue to explain it to you.

And thank you, Happedol ^^

Ramcee

Premium Grabber

Happedol

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:51 am
Wikipedia
In science, anecdotal evidence has been defined as:

* "information that is not based on facts or careful study"[2][verification needed]
* "non-scientific observations or studies, which do not provide proof but may assist research efforts"[3]
* "reports or observations of usually unscientific observers"[4]
* "casual observations or indications rather than rigorous or scientific analysis"[5]
* "information passed along by word-of-mouth but not documented scientifically"

So yeah. That's why we can't/better not believe your story. Also, I think you're too subjective to give us an accurate perception of the phenomena in your house.

15. ✿ - - - Polls And Questions

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff