Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Positively Cynical
Captain

Ruthless Kitten

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 6:20 pm
Well the event is the wandering pokemon, which just sets the pokemon to appear in a random location every time you enter a new area. I'm sure that it can be shiny though, since its a almost random encounter, and yes, its usable in tourney's.  
PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 6:31 pm
Positively Cynical
Well the event is the wandering pokemon, which just sets the pokemon to appear in a random location every time you enter a new area. I'm sure that it can be shiny though, since its a almost random encounter, and yes, its usable in tourney's.
Ah, now I see what you mean by event. 3nodding
Cool smile Should be ok then, I just wasn't sure if there was some coding that determined it's shinyness (thus if that code is different on a hack, they might see that it shouldn't be shiny when it is, or something). Or is it just determined by a probability calculation when first encountered?

From what I hear, when you first encounter a wanderer, it can be shiny, and if it is, it will be shiny every time you encounter it from then on.

Miss Lune Soleil

Fluffy Bunny

22,650 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Arcanas

Hunter

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 1:12 am
Just a basic rule of thumb, if you can put the pokemon up for trade in the GTS, or upload a video of the pokemon in battle, then you're probably safe.

A few people that I've battled and saved the videos for, when I went to try and upload them, I couldn't, receiving an error message stating "Couldn't upload the data. There is a problem with one or more or a player's pokemon."  
PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 9:05 am
What Arcanas says is true. 3nodding  

Jerzeeboii

Miss Lune Soleil

Fluffy Bunny

22,650 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 11:46 am
I shall try that eek thank you very much

OMG I caught Pokerus! surprised ******** yeah.

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 8:26 pm
Grats LOL.  

Jerzeeboii

Copyrights Infringement

Aged Fatcat

4,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 12:13 pm
Think of the PBR when it comes to hack checking
Stay clear from shinys on tournys and if you do use a shiny make sure its a common gender [Chimchars is most likely to be male rather then female]  
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 12:20 pm
Ah yeah, I heard PBR is a good way to check but I don't have access to it, so I'll try the GTS (still meaning to do that lol)
I don't think gender factors too much into it though, I've had female starters before. And even if it was a common gender, they'd still detect a hack. >.>

Miss Lune Soleil

Fluffy Bunny

22,650 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Miss Lune Soleil

Fluffy Bunny

22,650 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 12:29 pm
Hmm... at what point in the depositing process does the GTS stop you if it's hacked? Cause so far I've not had a problem depositing my Cresselia...  
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 2:28 pm
Then you're fine.

If the GTS wouldn't allow you to deposit the pokemon, then you'd have a problem  

Arcanas

Hunter

Miss Lune Soleil

Fluffy Bunny

22,650 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 4:09 pm
I'm guessing so, though I didn't go through with the whole depositing cause I've never used it before and I didn't quite know what I was doing. I got as far as it asking me what I wanted in return for it... I'm guessing it would have stopped me before that point?

/gts virgin

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 4:23 pm
Phoenixfire Lune Soleil
I shall try that eek thank you very much

OMG I caught Pokerus! surprised ******** yeah.

spread the pokeherpes my way..............XD  

Hoshioni

10,900 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Brandisher 100

Miss Lune Soleil

Fluffy Bunny

22,650 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 11:21 am
Hmm... I just tried putting my hacked shiney Mew on GTS and it worked confused

So... judging by that, it really doesn't tell you if it's hacked or not, it's not foolproof (even with such a blatent hack).

gonk  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:30 pm
Phoenixfire Lune Soleil
Hmm... at what point in the depositing process does the GTS stop you if it's hacked? Cause so far I've not had a problem depositing my Cresselia...

--Sorry for saging--

You can deposit hacked stuff onto GTS, I do it all the time, as do other people, GTS isn't a good place to trade for Pokemon simply because you don;t know if your actually going to get the Pokemon you want. Someone could hack and put the Pokemon up as say a Gengar, but its actually a Oddish. Not exactly the nicest thing, especially since they hacked in the first place, they can get whatever it is they want, and it upsets me they enjoy ruining other people days. neutral  

Positively Cynical
Captain

Ruthless Kitten

TPLoG Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out