Welcome to Gaia! ::

8th Annual User Run Ball

Back to Guilds

The planning guild for the 8th Annual Ball. Wanna help? 

Tags: Creativity, User-Based, Annual, Artists, Ball 

Reply 8th Annual Ball
Pixilated Envy has been Hacked. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

xTrueBlissx
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 11:02 am
The way I look at it, there will always be a way for people to be deviant if they want to, we just need to try to do what we can to prevent it.

I wish I worked in the Gaia hacking department- it would give me the greatest pleasure to screw hackers over the best way I could & blast them with my ban hammer. heart

I know Gaia takes forever with hacked accounts, but I believe that they have so many cases from stupid people giving their PW away/buying gold/giving in to stupid scams that they always seem to have their hands full, when your like omg no I really got hacked and there is really no way i could have prevented it to the best of my knowledge case.

On top of that, Gaia has been having alot of trouble with hack cases latley, and security holes where alot of people are being hacked and they won't tell us why.

*grabs a cookie*

nom...nom  
PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 4:22 pm
Yah, wish there was some sorta cue (number ahead of you), so you could estimate just how long it is going to take. The buzz word seems to be its a lot better than it used to be, but that doesn't really mean anything. Still such a tedious process. I remember not to long ago trying to caution you-- and low and behold, it turned out to be me that got the axe. I kinda have sympathy for the poor mod who has to make sense of my invo. So much stuff to sift through. I never brought myself to part with anything.

I'm taking it all pretty well though-- despite trying to run every scanner I can think of, lol. With so much going on in the real world around me, I think this is just a drop in the bucket. I'm honestly even prepared for them to not restore my account. With me having my head injury last year it made it nearly impossible to fill out the form well. ;( I have such a shotty memory. Its just a sickening feeling watching someone disburse all the stuff you amassed over a long period of time. So many items of sentiment.

I'm more worried about this oil spill in the gulf than anything virtual, though. I'm not sure if any of you have heard about it-- even though it has been shown on a lot of national circuits. Its one of the most horrible things to effect my life time. And with hurricane season right around the corner it could get much worse even if it is said to be getting slightly better. I know Gaia did some sort of fundraiser for Haiti, I wonder who to talk to to get them to consider doing something for this cause, too.

Gaians have been notorious about having an interest in the environment and animals-- and if you have seen any of the pictures going around regarding the birds, dolphins, turtles, etc.. It'll just break your heart. I won't post them-- its just way too sad. I want to get into the recovery process even though I am not entirely sure if I am qualified in the avenues they might be needing assistance with.  

Team Envy

Jinarrow
Vice Captain

3,250 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 10:38 pm
Oh my gosh that suck! D= Nuuuuuuuuuuuuu! How long do you think it's gonna take for you?

>.< Oil Spill in the Gulf. The END of the world. D=  
PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 9:47 am
Shunatsu
Oh my gosh that suck! D= Nuuuuuuuuuuuuu! How long do you think it's gonna take for you?

>.< Oil Spill in the Gulf. The END of the world. D=
I have no idea on how long it will take. Maybe a few weeks? And that's hoping the stuff comes with it. We'll see. I'm being optimistic. From what I understand its done by volunteers and not paid employees. So make sure to hug your omni mods daily. lol.

Ironically though, as for the oil spill.. it has triggered a lot of 'end of time' debates. My uncle was telling me about how there is something written about the end of times that does resemble to this spill. Though, that's all subjective to interpretation. Much like everything ever written about Armageddon. I was having a conversation with a priest the other day and he seemed very set that we are in the last days and we all needed to get grounded into scripture. I didn't really want to tell him I don't even remember where I put mine.. d'oh.

However, I hadn't watched much news the last two days, so I have to check up and see if there has been more progress in the gulf or if they're still going round in circles. I'm going to miss my shrimp and other seafood for a good while. I do have to wonder how this is effecting other areas of the states. Especially being a Friday, most notorious for eating fish.  

Team Envy

Psycho Sabs
Vice Captain

5,150 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200
  • Cart Raider 100
PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 1:26 pm
The gulf spill is terrible, what I hate the most is how most people I know only care how it's gonna affect gas prices. I'm already helping with a fundraiser at my school to help pay for supplies to clean all the animals up. :/  
PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 5:54 pm
Psycho Sabs
The gulf spill is terrible, what I hate the most is how most people I know only care how it's gonna affect gas prices. I'm already helping with a fundraiser at my school to help pay for supplies to clean all the animals up. :/
Gas prices is really just the beginning. Its not even a real topic of discussion 'round here. Mainly because we live out here. This completely devastates the livelihood of many. This becomes an issue of, 'will I even be able to afford gas' because my business just went bankrupt.

When the buzz first started I became pissed off because all you would hear from people is "Oh, this means our vacation is ruined.. now what will we do over the summer." Now, I ain't going to lie when I say we don't have much to offer here other than the beach, but it just seems so shallow. Though, it may have been due to the reality and devastation of it all had not quite set in. Animals washing up onto the shore dead.. fisherman without work.. when this is prime season. Tourism practically at a stand still.. and for our area.. this is where they make it or break it. And many of these local businesses are just beginning to bounce back from hurricanes and natural disaster.

This just effects SO much. And there is no telling just how long we will be effected by it.. each day seems as though it will add one more year on the restoration time. Maybe I'm being dramatic, but I have little faith in the chemicals they are using to maintain this spill. Well.. I'm ranting again.. just gotta keep the faith and do the lil' things we can to help Mother nature run her course.  

Team Envy

Jinarrow
Vice Captain

3,250 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 10:52 pm
Well, if THIS doesn't kill us, we're still gonna die like, 10 years from now? >.< 've watched a documentary in Chinese, and it says at the rate the ice is melting now, Antarctica will be GONE by 10 years from now, raising sea levels to at least 17m all over the world. Aaaaaand even if the whole world shut all our lights and stop pollution starting from now, global warming is still going to go on for awhile. Aka 10 years or so. We can only try to decrease its effect. And, well, it's a LONG story. Anyone interested? I'll send you guys the video via facebook. It's time to spread awareness on the HELL of a predicament humans are in (video in Chinese though >.<)

There are signs of the world going wrong now. From where I am (tropical countries), you always have the same view of the sun rising and sun set and the color of the sky almost every single day at different times. But now... all the color's gone WRONG. Just, IMPOSSIBLY WRONG. That, and the weather's never been THAT bad. It's rainy season, and the temperature's 35 degree celcius now. >.<

Goodness, can people STOP thinking about gas prices and see what the world is turning into?! Human civilization's coming to an end... crying *digs grave*  
PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 12:52 am
Well, if THIS doesn't kill us, we're still gonna die like, 10 years from now? >.< 've watched a documentary in Chinese, and it says at the rate the ice is melting now, Antarctica will be GONE by 10 years from now, raising sea levels to at least 17m all over the world. Aaaaaand even if the whole world shut all our lights and stop pollution starting from now, global warming is still going to go on for awhile. Aka 10 years or so. We can only try to decrease its effect. And, well, it's a LONG story. Anyone interested? I'll send you guys the video via facebook. It's time to spread awareness on the HELL of a predicament humans are in (video in Chinese though >.<)

There are signs of the world going wrong now. From where I am (tropical countries), you always have the same view of the sun rising and sun set and the color of the sky almost every single day at different times. But now... all the color's gone WRONG. Just, IMPOSSIBLY WRONG. That, and the weather's never been THAT bad. It's rainy season, and the temperature's 35 degree celcius now. >.<

Goodness, can people STOP thinking about gas prices and see what the world is turning into?! Human civilization's coming to an end... crying *digs grave*  

Jinarrow
Vice Captain

3,250 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0

Team Envy

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 7:52 am
I had a friend who swore that the world was going to end or something in 2012.. I, of course, never watched that movie. I did watch a lil documentary about how we're doomed if we don't switch over to what is it natural energy.. solar power or something. It was kinda creepy to watch-- but then again, that was the intent. More of a scare tactic. We are, however, enslaved to oil. There's no denying that.

The problem with a lot of the media that is out there is a lot of it is designed intentionally to scare you-- but mostly with good reason. We are having more unexplainable natural disasters than ever before. That doesn't mean we need to go shrugging our shoulders with the 'well the world's going to end anyway' mentality. I think we have more than 10 years, but at the same time I don't have the ability to foretell the future.

I could walk out the door right now and get struck by lightening, a stray bullet to the head, or even have a stroke. We never know when our time will come and only know that we're not destined to live forever.

As shown by this oil spill-- I think man will kill us before nature. Its said laughter can cure disease in ways modern medicine cannot. Same to be said for nature as it repairs itself in ways man cannot. The world will evolve, imo, before it esplodes into a million pieces. That evolution is likely not going to be a good one. There will be far more wars over precious resources.

I've worked on the front-line of natural disasters-- I've seen how your every day ordinary people will go ballistic over something as minute as bags of ice when forced with panic. And here was nothing as compared to Katrina. I couldn't imagine anything as mind blowing as people dying in the street, being executed in hospitals, etc. You take away from people what they've always had and they've always been accustomed to and you have recipe for disaster. Survival of the fittest and every man for him/herself. Our live styles are so wrapped around oil that until we can pull from that we're setting ourselves up for failure.

I'd encourage everyone to invest in a bicycle if physically able. Walk a little more and try to conserve when the opportunity is presented to you. Work with your local governments for better city-transit. As one person you may only conserve a gallon of fuel or two-- but those gallons add up when its a collective stance. I've always lived under the principal that the world was ours to save and not the other way around.

Rest assured though, I'm no tree hugging saint. I waste paper, I take overly long showers and bathes just to 'relax'. Small changes do lead to big changes. And change begins with you and I.

So even if the world is predicted to end in 10 years.. we may be able to squeeze in a hundred more and beat odds. I'm more than sure the world will live longer than I will.

Well, I better get off my soap box and get back to fighting trojans. biggrin Be well everyone.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:57 pm
Hacker Insurance! gonk  

VMK_Narutoshadowclone

8th Annual Ball

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out