Welcome to Gaia! ::

Harry Potter Slash Guild

Back to Guilds

HPSG is a guild for the discussion and pure love of all things Harry Potter and slash! Join us in support of your favorite pairing! 

Tags: Harry Potter, slash, Potter, femslash, Harry 

Reply HPSG Head Quarters
Mpreg Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 17 18 19 20 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mpreg
  :D
  D:
View Results

Lafaera

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 6:40 pm
I like mpreg, but I don't go out of the way to read it. If I'm reading a good fanfiction and it's in there I'll read it because it just seems to fit. I don't really remember my reaction to it the first time I heard about it. sweatdrop It was just so long ago now. heart blaugh 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 12:37 pm
I... dont think I had a reaction at all. I remember having an obssession at one point, but I dont remember my first reaction, though I imagine it to be something along the lines of "Male getting pregnant? *Pictures Draco pregnant and with bad moodswings and really weird and gross food cravings* ... *Falls off chair laughing* This I gotta read!"

I read one where Severus was pregnant and craved cotton candy all the time. Imagine Sevvy eating pink, cotton candy. Laughing your genitalias off yet?

HellsBitch

ThymeHerb

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 2:18 pm
I never really enjoyed MPREG. I find it kind of weird in some ways and alot of it is badly written. But I have found a few MPREGs that I thought were very well written and I thought they were great. So, overall, I don't like MPREG but I don't hate it either. I guess it depends on how good the story is. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 3:13 pm
well...i think that m-preg is pretty cute. to know that you got some else to the world and your flesh and blood is pretty good...not that adoption is bad or anything...but yeah...^_^  

uteda

kimika56

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 6:27 pm
I mean, it really depends on the things related in the story for it to happen that really makes me like it. There was actually this story that I didnt' know what it was exactly, but it ended up that the way that Draco got pregnant (with Harry's child) is there was an all house party at the end of their 6th year and there was a potion that was made and Draco was dared to drink some.

Then you know, later on Harry and Draco slept together and the child ended up being born. It made me go 'squee!' the first time I read it, and the author finally put out the sequel.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 7:05 pm
kimika56
I mean, it really depends on the things related in the story for it to happen that really makes me like it. There was actually this story that I didnt' know what it was exactly, but it ended up that the way that Draco got pregnant (with Harry's child) is there was an all house party at the end of their 6th year and there was a potion that was made and Draco was dared to drink some.

Then you know, later on Harry and Draco slept together and the child ended up being born. It made me go 'squee!' the first time I read it, and the author finally put out the sequel.

Ooh do you have the link? Cos if you do post it please mrgreen

External Penetration
Crew

Greedy Codger

ami-jou

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 8:34 pm
I, myself, am quite fine and fond with the idea of a MPregnancy; but the characters are a huge deal. I've read several with Harry and Draco, either becoming pregnant. It depends on how the story goes, much like what kimika56 said.

I also agree with Ex-Professor Remus Lupin . Males aren't supposed to have children. Thus, if they have one, they are the equivalent of a woman.

To each his own. If you like it, you like it. If you don't, then you don't. It depends on the person who is reading or even writing the fic. But yeah.. Now I'm just rambling on. sweatdrop I myself think that Mpregnancy is a cute idea but it has to be done in a certain way for it to work.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 9:21 pm
Ex-Professor Remus Lupin
I imagine if there was magic to bring a person back to life, it's probably Blood Magic which is mostly likely under the category of Dark Magic, as with the potion/spell that brought good old Voldemort back. That was Blood Magic. Of course, so is the protection over Harry while he's at the Dursley's. Simple and effective Blood Magic. In Druid and Wiccan society (the actual old world societies not this new aged bullshit) Blood Magic was insanely powerful and very delicate.

Just a thought.

As for MPreg. No offense, but as a male, I will say this: the male body can not handle a pregnancy. Not only in there no womb in the body but the simple fact is, males haven't the correct hormones in order to care for the child properly. MPreg spells or whatever the ******** reason you have to torture us gay males don't make them males. It makes them women. I don't care if he still has his d**k at the end of it, getting pregnant and having a baby is for girls. 'Nuff said. Why do you think I respect women so much. They put up with a lot of s**t. Of course, try being a gay male for a week and we might have something to talk about...

I'm ranting. sweatdrop Sorry, I'll stop now.

I agree completely. I mean... not to be repetitive.. well no... I'm meaning to be but I wanted to have my say...If males had children, then they wouldn't be males... they would be women. Even if their d**k is still dangling about, it wouldn't matter, it might as well be detachable because seriously... *shivers* I tried to figure it out in my head, and it would explode because the body would become this... painful exsistence that.. D; Oh.. I mean.. anything is possible in fanfiction...

but you know... everyone loves a logical one. gonk heart

CosmicMoon

HellsBitch

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 8:07 am
WolfCall
kimika56

I... think... I've read... that one, actually. They were in a relationship, secret, mind you, and the houses Gryffindor and Slytherin were having some party of sorts where they played truth or dare an Finnigan and Neville had been playing around with some old potions recipes earlier in the day. Draco gets dared to drink one of the potions and then something about Harry kissing Ron gets out and Draco gets pissed, or more like disgusted and then there's make up sex and Draco gets pregnant and yada yada yada...  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 5:25 pm
Mpreg...frightens me on a personal level. A lot. I have endless respect for women with the having kids thing because I couldn't do it. It's not even an issue of men not being men anymore so much as it just...squicks me because I think if I were suddenly able to have a child I'd burst into very loud, very unmanly, very dramatic tears and not stop for quite sometime.
There are some decent ones and I'm not going to stop reading a story because it's in there but I admit it always gives me a moments pause and makes me go 'why, oh why'.

However on a not personal level I can see how it can be a semi-logical thing in certain fandoms, HP for instance. A friend of mine wrote a story where someone (don't remember who) was able to have a child because a while back the wizarding world became so obbsessed with having pureblood children they developed spells for Male Pregnancy and as a side effect this trait was passed along on a gentic level. It made sense in a weird way...I think. Maybe. Eh. But in some other fandoms, lets say Stargate, I just want to smack whoever it was who thought that would be a good idea.  

Aloysha

zencetera

Waffles

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 3:56 pm
My love for male pregnancy is affected by the pairing. Like Sirius and Harry or something like that just...freaks me out. However, I totally go for Harry/Draco MPreg. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 10:27 am
HellsBitch
WolfCall
kimika56

I... think... I've read... that one, actually. They were in a relationship, secret, mind you, and the houses Gryffindor and Slytherin were having some party of sorts where they played truth or dare an Finnigan and Neville had been playing around with some old potions recipes earlier in the day. Draco gets dared to drink one of the potions and then something about Harry kissing Ron gets out and Draco gets pissed, or more like disgusted and then there's make up sex and Draco gets pregnant and yada yada yada...

no, Draco and Harry got drunk and slept together. It was an end of the year party and Harry didn't know about Draco being pregnant with his child until the next school year. There was no truth or dare game, Harry just said to draco, "I dare you to drink this potion." and Draco said ok, and did so. After that they went up to the Gryffindor dorm and ahem SLEPT together if you know what i mean.

Wasn't until later on that they formed the relationship and harry knew the child was his. Here's the link to the story: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/1147214/1/
it's called Punishment or a Gift  

kimika56

kimika56

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 10:30 am
dranzenphoenixstrike
My love for male pregnancy is affected by the pairing. Like Sirius and Harry or something like that just...freaks me out. However, I totally go for Harry/Draco MPreg. 3nodding

I'm in total agreeance (totally not a word, but I wanted in there anyway) and I love this pairing the link for a good mpreg with H/D is here:
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/1147214/1/  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 8:08 pm
M Preg is something that I'm not a huge fan of.

I don't know if it's an OOC thing for me, but I think that that is one of the attractions of slash fics, or slash in general. Just that it's about nothing but making the other person involved experience something, physical or emotional. Not about procreation in any sense.  

Roane_Fossegrim

Sirius Black-Snuffles
Captain

7,650 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Voter 100
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 11:24 pm
Hey guys--if you could post your fanfictions in the sticky, I would love you guys forever.

Just please, make sure to to put on their that it has MPreg on it, so I can put it next to the title so those of us who are disturbed by it can avoid it. I need to go back and see if I can find certain warning for certain squicks on a lot of the stories we have actually.  
HPSG Head Quarters

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 17 18 19 20 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff