Twilight?
  Yes
  No
  What the stars? I see them every night
View Results

NightIntent
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 12:08 pm
I just finished it about two hours ago. I liked it, but quite a few parts were reminiscent of Midnight Predator by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes. Not enough to lessen any enjoyment, but enough to be noticeable. Despite the constant reminders of how his hair is coppery, I kept imagining Edward with black hair, he just reminded me of Aubrey so much (I forget what color Aubrey's hair is, but I always imagine he has black hair). The ending was pretty good, with room for a sequel, which I know has been mentioned here. I don't think I'll get it, though. I've read a book with a vaguely similar ending (though the main character wasn't in love with anyone in that book), and I hated the sequel. So I believe I'll stay at the first book, just to be careful.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 3:33 pm
ok, im sorry but... IF ANYONE LOVES IT AS MUCH AS I DO, ADD ME TO UR FRIENDS. I LOVE THIS BOOOOOOK!!!!!!!!!!!! lol.
I really hope the ppl turn it into a movie! that Henry Cavill will be great if he auditions!  

twilight92

X_Dark _Princess_X

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 3:44 pm
omg this book is freakin awesome!!!! i almost died when i finished it and i;m like a crazy lunatic vampire lover!!! edward is sooo sexy, and i kept picturing him with black hair too, the coppery thing was weird so i changed him a little, but god, i want him!!!  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 10:11 am
yeah, i thought his hair color a strange choice...brown? i had a hard time picturing it in my mind...i kept wanting to change it to dark brown or black 3nodding  

Renegade Jarlaxle

twilight92

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 9:44 pm
X_Dark _Princess_X
omg this book is freakin awesome!!!! i almost died when i finished it and i;m like a crazy lunatic vampire lover!!! edward is sooo sexy, and i kept picturing him with black hair too, the coppery thing was weird so i changed him a little, but god, i want him!!!
YES, I AM ADDING YOU TO MY FRIENDS! YOU TOO, RENEGADE JARLAXLE! lol  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 4:59 pm
Renegade Jarlaxle
yeah, i thought his hair color a strange choice...brown? i had a hard time picturing it in my mind...i kept wanting to change it to dark brown or black 3nodding
u kno wats odd? i kept on imagining his hair switchin around every time i read! lol.  

twilight92

Julri

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 5:23 pm
I haven't read it yet, but I'm planning to. Some people have told me iot was good, though I don't particularly like books about vampires (the idea's been sort of overdone). But, it sounds good, so it's on my to-read least.

Peace! ninja

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 7:36 am
twilight92
Renegade Jarlaxle
u kno wats odd? i kept on imagining his hair switchin around every time i read! lol.

yea that happened to me too. i kept forgeting his hair color and picturing my own...and then i would try to picture it red *or whatever color it really was*

Julri
I haven't read it yet, but I'm planning to. Some people have told me iot was good, though I don't particularly like books about vampires (the idea's been sort of overdone). But, it sounds good, so it's on my to-read least.

Peace! ninja

yea, the whole vampire thing has been way overdone but this book is actually really good.  

Renegade Jarlaxle

Tarren_Allin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 2:43 pm
Nyy.. sweatdrop I started another thread for Twilight because I didn't see this one. Sooo heres what was in mine.

About Twilight

"Softly he brushed my cheek, then held my face between his marble hands. 'Be very still,' he whispered, as if I wasn't already frozen. Slowly, never moving his eyes from mine, he leaned toward me. Then abruptly, but very gently, he rested his cold cheek against the hollow at the base of my throat." As Shakespeare knew, love burns high when thwarted by obstacles.

In Twilight, an exquisite fantasy by Stephenie Meyer, readers discover a pair of lovers who are supremely star-crossed. Bella adores beautiful Edward, and he returns her love. But Edward is having a hard time controlling the blood lust she arouses in him, because--he's a vampire.

At any moment, the intensity of their passion could drive him to kill her, and he agonizes over the danger. But, Bella would rather be dead than part from Edward, so she risks her life to stay near him, and the novel burns with the erotic tension of their dangerous and necessarily chaste relationship.

Meyer has achieved quite a feat by making this scenario completely human and believable. She begins with a familiar YA premise (the new kid in school), and lulls us into thinking this will be just another realistic young adult novel. Bella has come to the small town of Forks on the gloomy Olympic Peninsula to be with her father.

At school, she wonders about a group of five remarkably beautiful teens, who sit together in the cafeteria but never eat. As she grows to know, and then love, Edward, she learns their secret. They are all rescued vampires, part of a family headed by saintly Carlisle, who has inspired them to renounce human prey.

For Edward's sake they welcome Bella, but when a roving group of tracker vampires fixates on her, the family is drawn into a desperate pursuit to protect the fragile human in their midst. The precision and delicacy of Meyer's writing lifts this wonderful novel beyond the limitations of the horror genre to a place among the best of YA fiction. --Patty Campbell of Amazon.com

This is currently my favorite book. I just LOVE IT! I was rather amazed when I found out that it was the frist book Stephenie Meyers had writen.
The frist time I read it I got it from the library and finished it in two days. Then I bought it and finished it in a day and ahalf.

I am In love with the author right now because shes planing for New Moon (the second book)to come out in late September. She alread has the title and ruff draft for the third book (Eclipse). She also on her free time is working on a comparison story to Twilight.(Basicaly its Twilight again..but in Edwards perspective instead of Bellas)
I'm so very EXCITED about this!!

For more information about Twilight and the other books here is the offical website: Stephenie Meyers.com  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 7:49 pm
i just read the chapter opening for the second book...freakin cliffhangers! geez...i cant believe it just ended there...now i have to wait untill october to see what happens gonk  

Renegade Jarlaxle

Setsuna Rainrix

7,200 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 3:18 pm
icarusx
Twilight is definitely one of my favorite books... ever. I want an Edward. A lot. Yum.

If you go to Stephenie Meyer's website, she has tons of extra information on the characters, and parts that were taken out of the book. The lexicon is amazing, too.

The next book comes out in October- so exciting!

I didn't even know there was another book. Thanks for the website!  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 11:29 pm
the new book has been out for a little while now- anyone else read it?  

Renegade Jarlaxle

Tarren_Allin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 10:57 pm
YES!! I got it the day it came out and finished it like two days later! IT WAS SO GOOD...but the whole thing with Edward Pissed me off for awhile.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 2:44 pm
I heart twilight
got it from the library and to day i bought it^_^  

laaalalalalalalalalas

fce5c7a32187df1c0a5ebcaa2

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 5:17 pm
A while ago a friend of mine started talking about Twilight, and how it was a good book, and I was thinking 'now where have I heard about that book? Could it be the same one?' So he started telling me what it was about, and I kept saying 'you should lend it to me' so he did...he does that a lot. I really liked it, and I can't wait to read New Moon. neither can my friend. I wonder if he bought it yet.  
Fantasy Books Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff