My teams amazing.
  We're decent.
  Not really there yet...lol
  me bedder den u me has hax!
View Results

Jerzeeboii

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:46 pm
Khalim the Chaos Monarch
Well, when it comes to Spiritomb, since he has NO weaknesses, Build up his def and spdef with ev training. (Thats what i would do) Give him moves like confuse ray (for the power pokemon), Hypnosis (To stop a trainer's game), Dream eater (Gain back lost health), and Nasty Plot/Dark Pulse/Ominous Wind (Depending if ya want a Boost, Hinder, or Round moveset)

I was thinking about throwing maybe Toxic into his moveset. To see how that works out. What do you think?
I like the idea of confuse ray/toxic and hypnosis and dream eater, but as for the 4th skill I'm not quite sure... I mean if the toxic or confuse ray can wittle down their health enough by itself I probably wont need an attacking 4th skill. Maybe something to weaken their stats?
Also as for ev training, I've heard of it, but never tried this before. How would I ev train its def and spdef?  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:50 pm
Jerzeeboii
Khalim the Chaos Monarch
Well, when it comes to Spiritomb, since he has NO weaknesses, Build up his def and spdef with ev training. (Thats what i would do) Give him moves like confuse ray (for the power pokemon), Hypnosis (To stop a trainer's game), Dream eater (Gain back lost health), and Nasty Plot/Dark Pulse/Ominous Wind (Depending if ya want a Boost, Hinder, or Round moveset)

I was thinking about throwing maybe Toxic into his moveset. To see how that works out. What do you think?
I like the idea of confuse ray/toxic and hypnosis and dream eater, but as for the 4th skill I'm not quite sure... I mean if the toxic or confuse ray can wittle down their health enough by itself I probably wont need an attacking 4th skill. Maybe something to weaken their stats?
Also as for ev training, I've heard of it, but never tried this before. How would I ev train its def and spdef?

Well, Ominous wind builds your stats 1 level and Dark pulse can flinch a pokemon. Toxic is good but burning also has a side effect of lowering attack.Maybe even Flash.  

ExaltedSinfonian

Jerzeeboii

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:58 pm
Hmm burning mite be a winner here. O_O
Toxic may do more damage overtime, but being able to lower their attack while doing damage sounds even better.
Flash, that just lowers accuracy correct? That combined with confuse ray could be pretty annoying for the opponent. Thanks for the suggestions, I'll keep all these in mind =)

Now if anyone can explain this ev training thing, that would be wonderful.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:58 pm
Khalim the Chaos Monarch
Hoshioni
Khalim the Chaos Monarch
Hoshioni
Khalim the Chaos Monarch
I look down on legendaries

oh hush a pokemon is a pokemon regardless of there title....i look down on trainers that dislike legendarys, as it shows how afraid they are to face them............^^

my motto is pick pokemon you like

I eat legendaries for breakfast and dinner (as i do not eat lunch)

i bet your metobolism wishes youd eat lunch and a lighter dinner.......XD

(ignore that im a health obessed nutcase....XD)

so then what is the problem with legendarys then???? just cause they get to star in there own insanely high budget movies dont mean chu gotta hate on them.....XD

I believe that in all actuality, non legendaries can pass every legendary with the right pokemon, the right trainer, and the right training.

i honestly dont see why people like them evertime i tryed to catch one i had to work harder to not kill it then to get it....XD

and to the thread starter, why not just play around in the game and find out what works for you *listen to what these guys say too*, but youll most likely find that some of those wont work as well for you as it does them.

so i suggest you just exipirment on your own.  

Hoshioni

10,900 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Brandisher 100

Hoshioni

10,900 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:59 pm
Jerzeeboii
Hmm burning mite be a winner here. O_O
Toxic may do more damage overtime, but being able to lower their attack while doing damage sounds even better.
Flash, that just lowers accuracy correct? That combined with confuse ray could be pretty annoying for the opponent. Thanks for the suggestions, I'll keep all these in mind =)

Now if anyone can explain this ev training thing, that would be wonderful.

EV training is where you fight pokemon with better base stats like speed for example

you fight a pokemon faster then you to become faster.
and in short allows you to alter the stats of your pokemon to your likeing  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:01 am
Although Hoshioni is right, he didnt exactly hit the spot. Heres a guide:

http://serebii.net/games/evs.shtml  

ExaltedSinfonian

Jerzeeboii

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:02 am
Hoshioni

EV training is where you fight pokemon with better base stats like speed for example

Hmm. That sounds simple. I'll try this out when my teams complete. Thanks. =)  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:09 am
Jerzeeboii
Hoshioni

Hmm. That sounds simple. I'll try this out when my teams complete. Thanks. =)

XD well theres a lot more to it but the guides make it easyier.''

its somthing you should only begin once youve gotten to know your team through battle,

as ive been doing mine on a pokemon to pokemon basis  

Hoshioni

10,900 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Brandisher 100

Hoshioni

10,900 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:11 am
Khalim the Chaos Monarch

well i kept it simple no need to get technical on the guy if he asked what it was....XD

right now im still debateing moves for pokemon, and say know where i can get a copy/pasteable version of pokemon guides?  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:13 am
Hoshioni
Khalim the Chaos Monarch

well i kept it simple no need to get technical on the guy if he asked what it was....XD

right now im still debateing moves for pokemon, and say know where i can get a copy/pasteable version of pokemon guides?

You mean like text guides?  

ExaltedSinfonian

Hoshioni

10,900 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:17 am
Khalim the Chaos Monarch
Hoshioni
Khalim the Chaos Monarch

yes while we have 2 computers here only one has the web and in a house of many, my time to look at online guides is limited. so i like text so i can take it to my personal pc and look when it pleases me to  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:38 am
Thanks for all the suggestions everyone. It's all been very helpful. For now I must take my leave. Cya tomorrow. =)
Oh yea...this is my 1st day in the guild, not sure if anyone noticed or not lol. But...yea. Thanks again, cya everyone.  

Jerzeeboii

ExaltedSinfonian

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:41 am
Hoshioni
Khalim the Chaos Monarch
Hoshioni
Khalim the Chaos Monarch

yes while we have 2 computers here only one has the web and in a house of many, my time to look at online guides is limited. so i like text so i can take it to my personal pc and look when it pleases me to

Im not sure but look around  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:44 am
Khalim the Chaos Monarch
Hoshioni
Khalim the Chaos Monarch
Hoshioni
Khalim the Chaos Monarch

Im not sure but look around

i have been but i just dont have time like i used to, trying to settle some rl crap and now i dont have my leisure times.....T:~:T
itll get found one way or another even if i gotta goldbribe someone to do it  

Hoshioni

10,900 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Brandisher 100

Jerzeeboii

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:06 pm
Khalim the Chaos Monarch

Well, Ominous wind builds your stats 1 level and Dark pulse can flinch a pokemon. Toxic is good but burning also has a side effect of lowering attack.Maybe even Flash.

This burn you mean is "Wilowisp" I think it is?  
TPLoG Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff