Gin
  Vermouth
  Beer
  Sambuka
  Other
View Results

Akasha_wp

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 9:51 am
My mother is an alcoholic, she knows it, but she's not doing anything about it. She pretty much ripped my familly apart. I'm 17 so I don't drink and I never plan to. I've noticed on my mothers side, that it seams to be the trend to abuse alcohol. I know it's a long shot, but I don't want to take any chances with myself. I'm compleatly paranoid about it. Especially with my father side has a bad habbit of being in compleate denial about everything. She divorced my dad, and they're both blaming each other, it's sooo much drama, that I've compleatly given up on the family part. Nobody's willing to change, what's the point?  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 7:29 pm
My mom is a borderline alcoholic, and her boyfriend isn't much better. My dad, is a little better than my mom, though he does like to spurge on alcohol often. I don't know. I don't trust myself around the stuff. Basically everyone in my mom's family were alcoholics, and I guess I'm just afraid that I'll end up like them, totally dependent on it. I really don't plan to ever drink.  

LittleCherryPi

Bunniegurl123

Tipsy Vampire

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 9:47 am
I DONT KNOW  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 9:49 am
MY MOM S FRIEND LIKES VODKA BUT WHEN WE GO OUT MOST PEOPLE DRINK BEER. 4laugh  

Bunniegurl123

Tipsy Vampire

lurichan
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 8:41 pm
bunniegurl123
I DONT KNOW

This is extended discussion. We ask that you please have answers or input on topics that are a bit more.... well a bit more than just "I don't know" Also, please don't use all caps, it feels like you are shouting.  
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 9:35 am
My dad is a "functioning" alcoholic who spends a lot of his money on beer while trying to support me, but still bitching when I need more than $20 at one time. I do love my dad, but his drinking makes it hard for me to do what I need to, like pay for school. Even though I'm on a scholarship right now, I have to pay student fees each term, and if I don't pay them by the time registration starts for the next term, I can't sign up for classes.

Also, another problem that I have with my dad is that even though in the past 6 months, I've grown almost 2 cup sizes and 2 pant sizes, my dad can't afford to buy me any new clothing, even though he can smoke 2 packs a day and drink a 24 pack a night. So as you can tell, I have a lot of resentment for people who drink, and don't even get me started on meth and coke  

CeciliaPhoenix

black sheeps

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 12:46 am
My dad is an alcoholic whether he admits it or not. His father was an alcoholic. Now he is a big spender, gives me whatever I want. He has no self-control, I was never materialistic but I easily can be and I force myself not to. But in our currently fianical situtations he is not in his right mind to be spending so much money. He would drink ounces and ounces of scotch or cognac. usually on a good day he would drink heinken, just beer. He has one DUI thankfully he doesn't do any drugs, just smokes quite a bit. But his temper is quite short and violent, in my childhood I remember he would beat my mom. I would spent hours trying to scrub the blood of the hardwood floors. I wouldn't cry because I know I have to be strong for my mom and for myself.

My parents would fight about stupid things but my dad would simply strike her or break plates and knock over flower vases. He whipped me once, I refused to cry. The only person that makes me cry is my mom. Whenever she hits me I let her do it. Because she sees my dad in me, I don't care. He would be drunk and cheat on her and I would get beaten for school things. I knew why my mom hit me but I always pretend I didn't. Now things are better, because he wouldn't hit her anymore. But still verbally abuse her and me. I tried so hard thinking how could I change him or help him. But I can't I don't blame him, sometimes I do and I wish I didn't love him but I do. He uses alcohal as a clutch, he would never let me starve or anything. Even if he had only 5 dollars, he would borrow money and buy me things I don't need. He loves me and everything he is doing is for me. But recently for all the things he done, hurting my mom and I. He feels like as if he has to prove something to people. He acts and seems so strong but inside he is very week and insecure. My dad had a hard life and he is not a bad man but he just has guidelines in life. He just makes up things as he goes along.

One day I just want to forget him, get my things together and leave with my mom and never come back. My father is destorying himself and I don't want him to drag my mom and I down with him. I feel I grown a lot stronger than regular girls. I don't cry as easily and I would never feel sorry for myself or ask why did it happen to me. Because no matter how bad things are, they always could be worse. And you should stay grateful for how things are. Life is a difficult but you just have to keep your head held high and keep on walking.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 1:19 am
I can't say much about me mum's side of the family.
She was adopted, and doesn't want to know her biological family. (I do though...I'm very much into blood lines of families, argh)

Anyway....me da's side, there is a whole nother story.
On me da's side of the family, there is drug addicts, alcoholics, etc..you name it's there.

Most of them are on medication for something or other.....
I'm lucky I got me mum's genes, for I would be one messed up kid.
Well more so.

ANYWAY, can't focus tonight.
What I am trying to say, I've seen the effects of alcohol on families, directly.
It's not pretty, especially when most of them are abusers. The fighting, arguements, etc. It's not fun to be around.....

I am not going to say, "I will never take a drink!" or "I will never get s**t faced!" because I have done that.
I drank so much that I don't remember a whole 24 hour period...which is bad...

I suggest, that if anyone wants to drink, the do so controllably.
Limit themself....don't go overboard....

There is always going to be this problem though.
I just say, stick in there, for when that person finally realizes what they are doing wrong, they need shoulder to cry on.

I've been that shoulder, and I will hopefully continue to do so.  

Macabre_Cogitation
Crew

Ndoki

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 8:00 pm
Well I guess first I'd have to think about what makes an alcoholic. To me a person who frequently feels the need for alcohol, or whose life is controlled by it is an alcoholic. If that is the case then yes, psychological help is needed, whether they do it by choice or not. As for myself, having a gift (most likely from my irish/german roots) getting drunk doesn't affect my judgement, nor how I act, and I can thankfully go for as long as needed without a drink. I think the last time I drank anything of alcohol (ignoring that sip of Sake two days ago) was.. man.. like 3 months ago. There's really only two cases where I think help is needed, when it becomes a need, or it affects you or others life, although I am against excessive drinking, what with the liver and all...  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 2:00 am
ive put up with so much bulshit that comes from alchoholism. My moms brothers and sisters are mostly all alchoholics and have put her in a state of no recovery from all the stress and crap thet've put her thru. Mooching money off us cause theyre too damn drunk all the time to get a freakin job to pay for their own damn booze. I am sick of hearing the same bullshit time and time again.
I wish i could write more but im too tired to think straight.
Im sorry to whoever moniters posts if i got carried away with the curses...

... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... zzz zzz zzz zzz zzz zzz zzz zzz zzz...  

rykin666

Tierra_de_Fuego

Desirable Capitalist

6,150 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Window Shopper 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 11:56 pm
Well, for the record, I don't drink very commonly, and I don't see the extra goodness in it... I've seen alochol abuse ruin people's lives and make people do stupid things(like getting a girl you've just met pregnant when you're just 13, unbelievable Iknow, but it was in the local news) Ok, I live in a society where a lot of people drink themselves silly and it's just something normal to everyone. But we're also one of the places in the world where most people die because of car accidents caused by drunk driving... I mean, just the other day, I saw in the news this kid that had just graduated high school, his parents gave him a new car (expensive convertible) as a prom gift... needless to say, he got drunk, totalled the car that same night and killed a couple of people on the road. Well la dee f-ing dah...his conscience must be very clean.... I just have little tolerance for people who abuse alcohol or any substance for that matter; because they don't see how corrosive they can be towards others until it's too late.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 5:15 pm
I wouldn't say that I have any alcoholics in my family but my dad's side does like to drink...a lot! My grandmother would probably be the one I'd say was the worst. She's a total sob. My other family members usually only get drunk with friends or other family members to add to the fun their having together.

I don't count myself as an alcoholic either but like my family I do love to drink. I started out doing it just at parties to live up to my superlative and to make the others think I was cool but now all I can think about is the next party or the next time I'll be able to drink. I've even turned some of my church friends into drinkers. And my little cousin which I really feel bad about now. I just wanted somebody to drink with but now I don't care if I have anyone or not, just as long as I get to drink. But I'm not fond of beer, just the hard liquor.  

xx_pinkxpoison_xx

xx_pinkxpoison_xx

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 5:20 pm
Everyone on my mother's side will not even touch the stuff. But my mother and my uncle do. The other family members just don't know about it.

I don't believe that alcoholism is based on genetics. Even though it's been somewhat proven I still don't believe it. It's your decision whether you drink and how often you do it. Everyone must acquire it and I don't care what they say about how they just love the taste of alcohol it's a lie. You drink it because you want to feel cool or older than you are. You want to show off to your buddies or whoever. It just makes me mad when people try to blame their drinking problems on their families or friends. You can say no to peer pressure it's not that hard.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 4:13 pm
I like do drink,especially on the weekends, when there's no school, and almost everyday during the summer. My dad's an alcoholic . He started drinking after my grandmom died of complications due to a stroke in January 2002. It got worse when my Aunt Lisa and my cousin Jason were killed in a car accident while my Uncle Joey was driving drunk coming back from the Shore. He aggravates me a lot sometimes. He constantly repeats himself,has blackouts, and starts with everybody for no reason.  

MediaclCunt

Shadow Nightshade

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 7:58 pm
smirnof...

exept it annoys me when people get drunk..they dont know what the hell there doind half the time!  
Extended Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff