Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Necronomicon Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 5:13 pm
wicked_faery
wicked_faery
i've flipped through it a few times...didn't find much interest in it myself...
meaning i didn't read it fully so i wouldn't know what the spells are. please get off my back for not being so smart as u.[/quoteI'm disagreeing with you. And I am starting to loose patience with your persecution complex. If all you want is someone to blow sunshine up you ~censored~ and tell you how right you are- you came to the wrong guild. If you are interested in discussion and perhaps having the fluff torn from your ears- stick around and pay attention. And if you don't understand something- ask questions.

Now. Do you have an opinion on my point that with a bit of research, one is able to sort legit magic from bullshit?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 5:58 pm
SoilWork
TeaDidikai
Skip the Necronomicon, if you are looking for something of that ilk, I suggest the Noctrunicon or Summoning Spirits.

Or you could start "small" and work with the Goetia first. mrgreen

Nocturnicon, ah what a great book. I was glad to see that Konstantinos started to embrace his darker side, although he seemed to be trying to appeal to the "goth" crowd a little bit. I found his book to be accurate and insightful and would reccomend it to anyone.

I did start out with the goetia myself, had a strange experience with Sitri that I could post when time allows.

Yeah getting off topic there, sorry.
Wait...Konstantinos wrote a book that's worth the ink it's made with? Because, you know, Nocturnal Witchcraft and the Gothic Grimoire are basicaly books for gothic fluffs. I was reading NW but honestly, his reference to SRW completely killed my respect for him.

TeaDidikai
I think it's a bit unfair to address the Nocturnicon as "appealing to the goth croud"- it's far more a function of it embracing what goths claim to embrace, but the snot-nosed angst-muffins don't really understand.
Actually, I don't think that's such a far cry from knowledgable speculation/persecution/paranoia. He does actively imbrace that kind of gothy-feely thing, even writing into his about the author that he's in a goth band. Gah...I'll just have to check out the Nocturnomicon. Even more off topic, but is Vampires any good? I take most of his books with a shaker of salt ever since the never again the burning tymes incident in NW.

FINALY ON TOPIC:I read most of one of the modern "translations" of the books and was pretty horified to find it under a new age/occult classification. Honestly, even though it is fiction, I believe that the book could now be used ritualisticaly with pretty good turnout. I'd rather not have to explain it right now, because it'll take awhile for me to explain. I guess I could briefly summerize my belief by saying that it probably is counted among the list of major astral archetypes (along with Yoda, Lord of the Rings, and Kellogues...beware the Kellogue curse! xd ).  

Kal Eldritch

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 6:08 pm
Sovereign of Darkness
Wait...Konstantinos wrote a book that's worth the ink it's made with? Because, you know, Nocturnal Witchcraft and the Gothic Grimoire are basicaly books for gothic fluffs. I was reading NW but honestly, his reference to SRW completely killed my respect for him.
In my opinion, yeah. To be honest, I would have bought the book for the opening circle casting alone I liked it that much. Simple, clean and deep in my opinion.

Whatever else can be said for him, the Nocturnicon is on my shelves and I don't entend to get rid of it any time soon.

Quote:
Actually, I don't think that's such a far cry from knowledgable speculation/persecution/paranoia. He does actively imbrace that kind of gothy-feely thing, even writing into his about the author that he's in a goth band. Gah...I'll just have to check out the Nocturnomicon. Even more off topic, but is Vampires any good? I take most of his books with a shaker of salt ever since the never again the burning tymes incident in NW.
I tip my hat to his Vampires- they actually mention the Temple.

Quote:
FINALY ON TOPIC:I read most of one of the modern "translations" of the books and was pretty horified to find it under a new age/occult classification.
Heh... That's why the marketing folks get paid the big bucks!
Quote:
Honestly, even though it is fiction, I believe that the book could now be used ritualisticaly with pretty good turnout. I'd rather not have to explain it right now, because it'll take awhile for me to explain. I guess I could briefly summerize my belief by saying that it probably is counted among the list of major astral archetypes (along with Yoda, Lord of the Rings, and Kellogues...beware the Kellogue curse! xd ).

This is that whole "Thought Form" v. "Deity" debate. When I finish my PathWays post, we can tackle it there, yes?  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 6:31 pm
TeaDidikai
This is that whole "Thought Form" v. "Deity" debate. When I finish my PathWays post, we can tackle it there, yes?
But of course ^_^  

Kal Eldritch

silvereyes321

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 2:44 pm
i have done work with the necrononicon spell book, and yes it does work, but please remember it is not for those who are just dabbling, or for the curious. one must remember, it is what you put into a spell that makes it work.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 2:51 pm
silvereyes321
i have done work with the necrononicon spell book, and yes it does work, but please remember it is not for those who are just dabbling, or for the curious. one must remember, it is what you put into a spell that makes it work.
Sure it wasn't just a random thought form?

The book is fiction afterall.  

TeaDidikai

Operation Shoestring

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 3:48 pm
TeaDidikai
silvereyes321
Sure it wasn't just a random thought form?

The book is fiction afterall.

FOMG Simon & Schuster Publishes Real Magick (TM).  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 4:13 pm
AyanamiRei

FOMG Simon & Schuster Publishes Real Magick (TM).
Be fair- thought forms and suvirots aren't powerless. They just aren't what people think they are.

Or- there is the chance that the individual is delusional.  

TeaDidikai

Nakyra

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 2:30 am
What one should remember when asking the validity of a books workings is this:

When we first started practising magick we were asking people for spells, and what was the most common answer we got... "Create your own spells!"

And for that very reason, I'll never disregard anything I read in a book... even one with a bad reputation.

The spells are as real as you make them... It's all in your head (meant in a good way)
And if that leason hasn't been learnt yet, then some still have a distance to go before understanding the meaning word magic(k)

Stop complicating your minds with questions of validity!!! Accept them as truths and reap your rewards...  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 8:44 am
Nakyra
What one should remember when asking the validity of a books workings is this:

When we first started practising magick we were asking people for spells, and what was the most common answer we got... "Create your own spells!"

And for that very reason, I'll never disregard anything I read in a book... even one with a bad reputation.

The spells are as real as you make them... It's all in your head (meant in a good way)
And if that leason hasn't been learnt yet, then some still have a distance to go before understanding the meaning word magic(k)

Stop complicating your minds with questions of validity!!! Accept them as truths and reap your rewards...

Yeah... you're right. Unless, you know- you're not.

When I first took up the spiritual disciplines tied to my religion, the first things out of my Baba's mouth were not "Go prance in the field and make up any darn thing you please". It was "Do you know why I always tied that around your neck when you were outside playing" "Do you remember that nasty smelling bath I made you take when you were sick" "Do you remember when you used to ......."

And for that reason, any book devoid of even a lick of good sense does not belong on someone's shelf.

~pets the Chaos Mage~ Charming outlook, but that doesn't work for everyone.  

TeaDidikai

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 9:18 am
TeaDidikai
And for that reason, any book devoid of even a lick of good sense does not belong on someone's shelf.

Howabout under, like propping up a leg or something. *tries desperately to find a practical use for Ravenmooncow.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 9:51 am
reagun ban
TeaDidikai

Howabout under, like propping up a leg or something. *tries desperately to find a practical use for Ravenmooncow.
I'd use the News Paper's comics section. That way if any concepts travel through osmosis, the books upon the shelf would be better influenced by the Boondocks than by her.  

TeaDidikai

TheDisreputableDog

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 10:07 am
Oh My Gods!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 3:12 pm
TheDisreputableDog
Oh My Gods!
~CACKLES~

Thanks DD! That made my day!  

TeaDidikai

DakiDaki

Liberal Shapeshifter

5,100 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Medalist 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 12:46 am
Go buy a copy of 'Necronomicon Files'. That will clear things up about the Simon Necronomicon, and it may point you in the right direction if you still want to work with the Cthulhu Mythos.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff