Welcome to Gaia! ::

~Down the Rabbit Hole~ An Alice in Wonderland guild

Back to Guilds

This guild is for anyone who loves anything to do with Alice in Wonderland, be it the movies, books, or spinoffs. 

Tags: alice, wonderland, mad hatter, rabbit, hearts 

Reply The Crystal Continuum (The Looking Glass Wars and Other Adaptations)
Heart No Kuni No Alice Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Would You be interested in reading a "Alice In Wonderland" like Manga?
  Yes!
  ahhh....Oh! Im late! Bye!
  Not really....
View Results

HeartSeeker Sora

Dangerous Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:57 pm
AliceWARP
Ah i just picked up book two at Barns and noble today
Im not too happy with how thay are translating it though.
Is it just me or is Alice is kinda more bitchy than she was when it was being translated online?
like instead of her being freaked out or stressed about something like she was so offent on the online translation she starts yelling and getting all mad.
I guess i just wished thay stayed a little closer to what thay where originally saying.
But maybe it's just me and im being stupid about it.

Oh and
Alice X Julius forever. heart
XD
YES! ANOTHER ALICE X JULIUS! heart
Also, Damn those people at Dark Tower no longer translating on onemanga! emo Not sure if they did the same for mangafox. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:08 pm
Ooooh... okies, I see it's being sold at Books a Million under the title Alice in the Country of Hearts... hurr. I hate the description they have for it here, though... I mean, someone needs to put some effort into descriptions here. -_-;

Oh, but I love getting my translation for this series from Dark Tower... mangafox keeps peppering my computer with debilitating viruses. O_<

Lady March Hare
Crew

Fanatical Lunatic

29,890 Points
  • Romantic Fortune Seeker 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400

Elloth

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:34 am
Looks good. I'll look for it at the book store to day. biggrin  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:46 pm
Tsukiyomi Takari
AliceWARP
Ah i just picked up book two at Barns and noble today
Im not too happy with how thay are translating it though.
Is it just me or is Alice is kinda more bitchy than she was when it was being translated online?
like instead of her being freaked out or stressed about something like she was so offent on the online translation she starts yelling and getting all mad.
I guess i just wished thay stayed a little closer to what thay where originally saying.
But maybe it's just me and im being stupid about it.

Oh and
Alice X Julius forever. heart
XD
YES! ANOTHER ALICE X JULIUS! heart
Also, Damn those people at Dark Tower no longer translating on onemanga! emo Not sure if they did the same for mangafox. sweatdrop

I think thay stopped at mangafox too. T^T
YAY Alice x Julius fans unite!
Is sad how overlooked Julius is by most people, i guess its because he isn't based off of a popular AiW character.  

AliceWARP

Noxious Weed

7,600 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:49 am
Lady March Hare
Haha, Nox. XD And what do you mean about the KH-related funny? Is it one of those things I'm going to say 'Oh, how didn't I notice that?!' about? >_>

The things called "Afterimages" they look amazingly like Heartless and the priciple of how she changes between worlds is similar too.

And I said they took a "card" from Kingdom Hearts alluding to Chain of Memories card activation process and the fact that a lot of the characters in Heart are cards. Eh, it was a joke that was funny in my own mind.

I do find the whole thing very nice, which is VERY unusual for me because I hated books that allude to Alice improperly, but this author maintains the ideas from Lewis Carroll quite well while still making the book enjoyable for a modern day audience.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:44 am
I've been reading it on Mangafox but my problem is i live in Europe and i cant exactly walk into an american bookstore and find it! TT^TT

BUT Alice X Boris heart  

Bonbon Vanille

9,750 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

TheBlackValentine

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:01 pm
Ace kicks butt nuff said..... 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 6:26 pm
@ Noxious Weed: ooooh... see, now that you've pointed it out to me, I totally see it. I'm slow in seeing relations between things. >_> Ah, but I know what you mean... I think this series does a rather good job of both paying homage to the original and inventing fun new things. I want to play the game. XD

@ glassssscandy: Ahhh... maybe ordering it over the internet is for you? ^_^; I hadn't thought about that! >_>

@ Amrielle: Agreed. XD He's one of my favorite characters. <3

Lady March Hare
Crew

Fanatical Lunatic

29,890 Points

Living_In_Song

Lonely Seeker

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:30 pm
Gah! How have I not heard of this?!

Someone needs to tell me more about it, how did I find it online?

*has been looking around and can't find it anywhere*

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:50 pm
I've read this manga before, it's really good except for the ending. I dislike the ending, where she gets her bottle filled up and that's that. >.< I understand she needs to go home and all, but that seems like a strange way to just end the series. I was going to buy the manga too. >-<||  

DANG0S

Eraia_Knight

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:29 pm
DANG0S
I've read this manga before, it's really good except for the ending. I dislike the ending, where she gets her bottle filled up and that's that. >.< I understand she needs to go home and all, but that seems like a strange way to just end the series. I was going to buy the manga too. >-<||
the series ended? I thought it was still going on. It sould have at least shown her going home and saying her goodbyes and everything....  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:19 pm
@ Song: Here is one good place to find it. But it's still ongoing as far as this site's concerned, so the ending isn't up yet. But it's still a pretty cute series to keep up with.

@ DANG0S: Hmm, well, I haven't read the ending yet (it's not available for anywhere I am, yet. ^^), but that seems like a reasonable ending to me. I mean, it falls pretty much in line with Carrol's original: Alice always returns from her other worlds.

@ Eraia: I feel the same way... then again, I'm not exactly up to speed on this series. ^_^;;;

Lady March Hare
Crew

Fanatical Lunatic

29,890 Points

Living_In_Song

Lonely Seeker

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:49 pm
Gah! So addicting!

Oh my, how ashamed I am. That is the fastest I've ever read anything online.

So tell me, are all the mangas printed then? Has the stories been finished, though not yet put up on online?

I'm just wondering because I(of course) am dieing to know what happens!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:47 pm
I have no idea... but I think everyone will be happy to hear about this!

News: Alice in the Country of Hearts Game Gets Anime Film (Update 2)

Whatcha think, guild?

Lady March Hare
Crew

Fanatical Lunatic

29,890 Points

Living_In_Song

Lonely Seeker

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:33 am
Oh my!

How very, very exciting!

The Crystal Continuum (The Looking Glass Wars and Other Adaptations)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games