Welcome to Gaia! ::

~Down the Rabbit Hole~ An Alice in Wonderland guild

Back to Guilds

This guild is for anyone who loves anything to do with Alice in Wonderland, be it the movies, books, or spinoffs. 

Tags: alice, wonderland, mad hatter, rabbit, hearts 

Reply Mad Hatter Chatter
The movie, the guild and Gaia Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Night Faery
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:01 pm
Heh. El Chupacabra. My friend has a cartoon rendition of him- it's bloody hilarious...

Anyway. I'm thinking we leave the anime/gaming forum as is, since it includes all AiW-related games and animes/manga (of which there aren't *too* many anyway) ...And I know there's a possibility that other adaptations like the Looking Glass Wars might be lost if we expanded the subforum, but the Crystal Continuum has eight threads with 17 replies at the highest... so I think I'd rather bring more threads into that subforum than make a new one and leave the old one all empty and lonely, lol. If it gets choked up then I can make a couple sticky threads that will stay at the top no matter how many
OMGJOHNNYDEPPISSOHAWT!!111 threads people create. All in all I think it'll be okay.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:10 pm
So topics about McGee's Alice go in the regular video game forum?

Anyways yep I think its a good idea. ^_^  

Azure Caterpillar

Lady March Hare
Crew

Fanatical Lunatic

29,890 Points
  • Romantic Fortune Seeker 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:35 pm
Hmmm... though I don't particularly like the talk of limiting access to the guild to book related knowledge, I completely agree that we need to think about a flood of new people. I think doing something with the Crystal Continuum is a smart idea; expanding it gets the gold's worth, ne?

As for choking up with threads... maybe we could ask new members to keep from making threads if a thread on the topic already exists? That way we'd be keeping 'older' threads in circulation and cut back on floods of threads debating the very important issue of how hot Johnny Depp is. XD

Yeah, the Wonderland MC will go down eventually, though I doubt it'll go below 50k. But I'll keep my fingers crossed for it! Man, I wish I'd had the foresight to buy them up when they were 19k a piece... @_@

Oh, and Pooka... thank you for the Supernatural Update. I'm not too fond of people in general so I tend to forget about that place, but I might stop by for a laugh sometime soon if people are really posting things like that. XD

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:41 pm
I know what you mean about this. I think there may be more members when the movie comes out but here's hoping they'll come for the movie and stay for everything else.
Also, I hate that the wonderland item is to ####ing expensive in the first place! I love that thing and yet I can barely save up 1K let alone 100! crying  

Shinigami-Rem_Death-Note

Sh0ur4i

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:27 pm
Shinigami-Rem_Death-Note
I know what you mean about this. I think there may be more members when the movie comes out but here's hoping they'll come for the movie and stay for everything else.
Also, I hate that the wonderland item is to ####ing expensive in the first place! I love that thing and yet I can barely save up 1K let alone 100! crying

*patpat* Like some others have said, it'll go down. In fact, it's already gone down a few thousand from the last time I checked. mrgreen  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:26 pm
Oh. Another reason not to worry too much: The little clause on the home page that tells you to type "Cheshire Bump" in your request to join is going to come in handy when the flood starts. Already, over half the requests we get don't include those two little words that prove they read the rules, sooo... *shrug* no admittance! lol.  

The Night Faery
Captain

Azure Caterpillar

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:46 pm
Really? I thought most people knew they had to read the rules just incase there's something like that... hmm, well okay then. XD  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:38 pm
I've noticed that... I'm a curious person so I click on the linky thing, but I never feel right denying people, so I just snicker and go on my way. And that's a good point; it's a pretty simple rule and if they can't take four seconds to read/respond then it might be a pretty good indicator of the future. But not 100%; I'm sure I've forgotten to add secret codes before, haha. XD  

Lady March Hare
Crew

Fanatical Lunatic

29,890 Points

The Night Faery
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:18 pm
Yeah, I even put it in boldface a couple days ago and they're still not getting the message.... I'm a little lenient if they put a whole lot into their message but miss the Cheshire Bump --but if they just say "i love aiw" then it's definitely a No Go. XP  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:49 am
Yeah I can understand that.

I always make sure to read the rules when wanting to join a guild. o.o  

Azure Caterpillar

Lady March Hare
Crew

Fanatical Lunatic

29,890 Points
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:40 pm
Same here. I get crazy paranoid about it. @_@

But you know, even with that there are going to be people irritated with the interests of some of the members we may be getting soon. We all might just have to practice the patiently smile and nod; sometimes people just need to get the silly out before they can focus on the whole range of what we have in thus hurr guild. XD

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:01 am
Yeah I guess. o.o I just hope we don't get too many topics like that.  

Azure Caterpillar

Mad Hatter Chatter

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces