Welcome to Gaia! ::

8th Annual User Run Ball

Back to Guilds

The planning guild for the 8th Annual Ball. Wanna help? 

Tags: Creativity, User-Based, Annual, Artists, Ball 

Reply Room Planning
News Room Planning Thread. [Looking for People.] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Poyudi Hytori

Crew

Moonlight Hunter

17,100 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Battle: Level 10 250
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:07 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Enjoy the randomness...

Even though you could post without ruining the thread, I'd prefer people wait on posting ideas and such until I'm done making the thread.

...That is me.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:21 am
Enjoy the randomness...

Alright! Now just because I feel like, I'm off to make banners for this thread. ^.^

...That is me.

Poyudi Hytori

Crew

Moonlight Hunter

17,100 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Nudist Colony 200

Poyudi Hytori

Crew

Moonlight Hunter

17,100 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:45 am
Enjoy the randomness...

Banners placed, All that's left is the content itself.

...That is me.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:11 am
Enjoy the randomness...

OKay, the Basic Outline is finished, Soon I'll finish putting in my Ideas into the posts, and adding information, then this thread will be fully opened.

...That is me.

Poyudi Hytori

Crew

Moonlight Hunter

17,100 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Nudist Colony 200

Poyudi Hytori

Crew

Moonlight Hunter

17,100 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:55 pm
Enjoy the randomness...

I'm having problems accessing the Sara DawnTimes Account right now, I normally wouldn't bother to mention it, but it's been a few weeks now, and I've been emailing back and forth with Gaia's support team to resolve the problem. This is the reason that the Guild's News Letter has been so delayed. I hope to have the issue resolved soon, but if not, then I'll have to make a new Sara Account.

...That is me.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:53 pm
Enjoy the randomness...

Alright! This thread is now fully opened! Now I just need to PM the people who already agreed to help me out, so that they know were to go. >.>'

...That is me.

Poyudi Hytori

Crew

Moonlight Hunter

17,100 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Nudist Colony 200

Jinarrow
Vice Captain

3,250 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:39 am
Yaaaaaay! News Room Planning Thread is UP! *punches air in triumph* Just to tell you, if I happen to be unable to cope with the amount of workload as a host + real life and plan to drop this position, I will tell you early beforehand, at least two weeks before like you said, and if possible, help you search for a suitable replacement. But I THINK I'll be okay with this. =)

I Wanna Help!

My Name : Shunatsu

The Position I Want : Reporter

Will I be there for all three days? : Well, duh. I am the Host of Dark Room. XD

How long will I be on each day? : If the date goes to my favor (which is 3 of the selections provided), I can do at least 5 hours per day, maximum the whole day (7 hours +).

Why you should pick me! : I have many experiences on different styles of writing, both in real life and online, so whether it's news reporting or roleplaying, I'm flexible. I'm also good in writing, and hope to put in to good use. Also, I'm dedicated in anything that involves writing/news reporting/storytelling. And if there's anything I don't know, I'm eager to learn! =D

How Easy or Hard do I think this Job will be? : It's not going to be easy, I'm aware of that. XD But I'm willing to do my best. =3 If possible, I would like to be the reporter for Dark Room, since I know all the updates and all that. That would make my work more convenient, but in the end, it's up to ya.

I understand by posting this form, that you will be counting on me to show up on time, do my job, and be there. Or that I will tell you I can't do it no later then two full weeks before the Annual Ball Goes Live.
3nodding  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 2:12 am
Enjoy the randomness...

Shunatsu, I'm glad to see someone sign up so soon to be a reporter. It certainly sounds like you'd be a great choice to report on the Dark Room. The one thing that I am worried about though, is that you are a host of the Dark Room. We tried Last year to have the hosts simply update Sara on the News. But most of the hosts didn't do it. Which is one of the main reasons that many of us felt it would be better that the News Room have a staff. I do warn you that when the ball starts, Hosts tend to get really into their own rooms, and tend to forget about everything else.

Although it is also true that you being a host of the dark room, would make the best choice since it's already part of your job to know everything going on in your room, And most of what a Reporter will probably do is just watch the thread, or hang out in it, in order to watch how the story unfolds.

So if you think you can handle talking to Sara and letting her (Me) know what's happening during the ball, then I welcome you to the News Team.

...That is me.

Poyudi Hytori

Crew

Moonlight Hunter

17,100 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Nudist Colony 200

Jinarrow
Vice Captain

3,250 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 4:34 pm
OhKay! I understand what you mean. =) I can't really tell you if I can handle both together (as I've never been host...), but you're right. Best not take the chances, if I were you. XD Maybe you can put me just as an extra reporter. When it comes by that you're really lacking staff, I'll just pitch in and help out. If not, I'll just focus on hosting. Just for insurance.

Thanks for pointing all those out. =D  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:11 pm
sara dawn times... is she going to look like she did last year or?... switch it up... funny thing... i don't even know what the theme of the ball is this year... >.>'  

DogBoi22

The Mr

Greedy Fatcat

7,600 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:27 pm
I Wanna Help!

My Name : xXxMr-B-GonexXx (Gaby)

The Position I Want :Reporter

Will I be there for all three days? :Yes

How long will I be on each day? : Never less then 2 hours

Why you should pick me! : I'm hard working and I Love reporting

How Easy or Hard do I think this Job will be? : I know it won't be easy but i think i can handle it

I understand by posting this form, that you will be counting on me to show up on time, do my job, and be there. Or that I will tell you I can't do it no later then two full weeks before the Annual Ball Goes Live.

ADD: I work well under pressure and with order's

I Do Wish To Learn More About The Ball  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:15 pm
I havent seen poy in a little while, but i'm sure he would love to have you on his team!

You might want to send him a quick PM, to grab his attention! heart  

xTrueBlissx
Vice Captain

The Mr

Greedy Fatcat

7,600 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:03 pm
DogBoi22
sara dawn times... is she going to look like she did last year or?... switch it up... funny thing... i don't even know what the theme of the ball is this year... >.>'

There's a theme :O jk  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:05 pm
xTrueBlissx
I havent seen poy in a little while, but i'm sure he would love to have you on his team!

You might want to send him a quick PM, to grab his attention! heart

yeah
I am beginning to wonder
if he will ever come

The Mr

Greedy Fatcat

7,600 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Poyudi Hytori

Crew

Moonlight Hunter

17,100 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:31 am
Enjoy the randomness...

Sorry folks, I was waiting for the date of the ball to be decided before moving forward with my plans for this event. However March is a busy month for me every year. So yeah, things should slow down soon for me, actually tomorrow maybe my last really busy day for a while.

First things first though is coming up with all the ideas for the artwork we'll need for the room, so that our artist has as much time as possible before the ball to complete the artwork.

As for Mr X who applied, I'm really tired at the moment and probably shouldn't decide anything until the morning, Though I'm thinking it'll be a yes.

...That is me.

Room Planning

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff