Your local scene? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Komrad Skank Hoe Jhean

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 10:02 pm
Leveller
I could ad this to, for the one interested, the swedish ska-scene is pretty darn good, with some real good domestic bands and every now and then some foreign bands come over and play to!
so, any one interested in swedish ska, add me on msn or yahoo and I'll send some after the holidays (will be home after 5/1)...

That makes me feel special cause im like mostly Swedish and my last name is a Swedish name lol.

But I do not have MSN or yahoo sadly. but I'll DL it soon then.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 11:31 pm
that's cool, but just ad me like after the holidays and I could send you some....  

Leveller

Asthen

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 10:14 pm
the local scene here (sort of metro detroit area?) is all right. a lot of kids showed up for ska is dead, but there are only a handful of kids at my school that like ska, and maybe only two or three of us that love it. i'm only friends with one of them, though, one kid is a major a*****e (it saddens me that we listen to the same music, and i have to see him at shows), and the others just don't feel the rude vibe, i guess.
i've had a few people tell me that the michigan scene is supposedly really good, but i don't really have anything to compare it with.
but uh. the guys (and gal) that run 21 dead monkeys live maybe 15 minutes away from me. smile  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 4:05 pm
Asthen
the local scene here (sort of metro detroit area?) is all right. a lot of kids showed up for ska is dead, but there are only a handful of kids at my school that like ska, and maybe only two or three of us that love it. i'm only friends with one of them, though, one kid is a major a*****e (it saddens me that we listen to the same music, and i have to see him at shows), and the others just don't feel the rude vibe, i guess.
i've had a few people tell me that the michigan scene is supposedly really good, but i don't really have anything to compare it with.
but uh. the guys (and gal) that run 21 dead monkeys live maybe 15 minutes away from me. smile

may I live in your basement and experience the wonder? gonk heart  

UreshiiNyoko

King Of The Ska
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 5:13 pm
...What's a local scence question

Yeah, Arizona is that bad. All we have is wanna-be-hardcore bands.
The only ska bands that we have that is good is Captain Squeegee and the Soap Suds, and they are only good live sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 5:44 pm
we have ASOB, high school football heros, my band (even though we dont do anything except school functions) and bomb the music industry but all of those bands hardly play excpet tours away from long island, i forgot about those bands  

AnonymousJoe

Leveller

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 4:12 pm
I'm home now, add me on msn or Yahoo if you want ska swedish ska! (sounds like any other ska band but...whatever)  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 8:38 pm
I guess michigan ska bands are alright. I like about 50% of the bands I'm exposed to in the metro-detroit area. stuff like the phonetics i really enjoy, but then there's bands like 45 cents...  

NoFingersMcKenzi

UreshiiNyoko

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 3:00 pm
AnonymousJoe
we have ASOB, high school football heros, my band (even though we dont do anything except school functions) and bomb the music industry but all of those bands hardly play excpet tours away from long island, i forgot about those bands

ASOB Isn't quite my thing. Too hardcore for me. But I definitely want to get to a High school football heros or bomb the music industry show... hopefully before I die...  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 6:12 pm
UreshiiNyoko
AnonymousJoe

ASOB Isn't quite my thing. Too hardcore for me. But I definitely want to get to a High school football heros or bomb the music industry show... hopefully before I die...
i'm seeing hsfh sunday. whee
and i saw btmi about a month ago. they're not so great live. -shrug-

@dave; i've gotten loads of invites to shows from the phonetics on myspace, but i've never had a chance to see them.
pseudo strike are good, i like them a lot. =)
and of course, mustard plug. cool  

Asthen

NoFingersMcKenzi

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 6:17 pm
Asthen
UreshiiNyoko
AnonymousJoe

@dave; i've gotten loads of invites to shows from the phonetics on myspace, but i've never had a chance to see them.
the phonetics played at ska fest last year... they where one of the better bands and worth checking out...umm there's also like the suicide machines, anonymous noise(i think), spaghetti zombies, and PDT  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 7:35 pm
Asthen
UreshiiNyoko
AnonymousJoe

idk what your talking about BTMI was ******** insane live, i got to spinkick and s**t, and HSFH i remember going to see them at molly blooms before they got huge there awesome guys though, my friend played halo against there singer at his friends house because his friends sister was going out with him  

AnonymousJoe

UreshiiNyoko

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 7:20 pm
well everyone has their bad shows. I'm more or less just interested in the LI scene. I don't get out of my basement too often anymore what with school and drama and homework holding me down. Plus, what better way to experience the scene than to check the locals?  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 12:41 pm
Upstate New York, Captial District has got to have the best Ska Scene ever, besides OC C.A. becasue we have had soooooo many bands come through, catch 22 come by about one very 5 months, big d is coming with the toasters next sunday, we have had in the past, :Big D,Catch 22, The Toasters,The Aquabats-(great show) Less than Jake, Suicide Machines,Streetlight Manifesto The Planet Smachers, Taj Motel Trio.... the list goes on, you name it we have most likely had them, but the best part is there are these two local bands that kick the a** out of your grandmother, Kicking Sicily, And Hollywood Funeral, and i hope that they progress and becore widely known.

But there are not that many Rudies, or even fans at my school, and if they are then there either afraid or reluctant to admit it. The Hardcore Scene runs Albany with Fsu and all these other gangs, its pretty cool but everyone listines to Hardcore, emo screamo, which isnt bad at all im a fan myself, at my school if you say you like ska you might get riddiculed and laughed at but they wont ******** with me cause i got to some Harcore shows and look around and see them standing around, they wont even touch the pit cause they know that if they do they will be head hunted and punched in the face, there all pussys who wont fight one on one, they wear girls pants, and they talk s**t about mad people.

Marbles_shrooms

AnonymousJoe

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 6:05 pm
UreshiiNyoko
well everyone has their bad shows. I'm more or less just interested in the LI scene. I don't get out of my basement too often anymore what with school and drama and homework holding me down. Plus, what better way to experience the scene than to check the locals?
o, i saw BTMI at the downtown (RIP) last april with mustard plug and the pietasters it was a ******** awesome show  
Rude Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff