Welcome to Gaia! ::

8th Annual User Run Ball

Back to Guilds

The planning guild for the 8th Annual Ball. Wanna help? 

Tags: Creativity, User-Based, Annual, Artists, Ball 

Reply Room Planning
~:Mt. Olympus:~ Main Room <3 Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

symphonium
Crew

Tipsy Conversationalist

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:53 am
btw, if each room can claim room colors, we're claiming gold and white and silver. ;D  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:25 pm
Poisonous Roses
btw, if each room can claim room colors, we're claiming gold and white and silver. ;D

Oh yes. We get the main, majestic, royal colors. *highfives*

So I wanted to start organizing some kind of plot idea. Ideas?  

Psycho Sabs
Vice Captain

5,150 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200
  • Cart Raider 100

symphonium
Crew

Tipsy Conversationalist

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:45 pm
we open with the god's lounging around somewhere being all 'we're bored, entertain. stat.' [adventure writing contest]
written, the god's need outfits to go along with the adventure, needs help to find perfect outfit [avatar contest]
sits down for 'pictures' to commemerate event [avatar contest]

- - - end of adventure, realize there are people around - - -

gods try to come up with a way to entertain the guests, come up with the idea of a [scavenger hunt*]
winners of scavenger hunt are put into hat for raffle [raffle contest]
....and i'm out of ideas. XD

*SCAVENGER HUNT IDEA: right, so how about this? within the event board, we could have multiple threads, and we could possibly ask other organizers to start a few of them. in the first one, which will be in our room, it'll be all like 'welcome to the scavenger hunt! here's a clue and go' and we have a clue there. they have to follow the clue to, say, another thread in another place. they have to post there doing whatever we told them to do, then move onto the next thread and repeat. then when they reach the last thread, they post done, or something along those lines. the people that finish can be entered into the raffle contest, and only those people can win whatever fabulous gift we think of.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:42 pm
Zeus
-Womanizer.
- Powerful.
-Cocky.
-King of all Gods and Goddesses.
-Hated his dad and overthrew him.
-(Kind of a *****, since he had sex with one of his daughters too... Eris XD)
-Kind of scared of his wife secretly (he'll NEVER admit it, but you got to be if your wife keeps hurting his other children...)

Hera
- Majestic.
-Solemn.
-Serious.
-Easily jealous & gets pissed off easily
- Vengeful.
-Hates Zeus cause he keeps cheating on her, and tricked her into marrying him
- Slaps Zeus at any given time when no one's looking. XD

Hestia
- Peace loving.
-Passive.
- Wise.
-Kind.
-Nice.
-Cut ties from the Olympians for peace.
-All Knowing however prefers not to tell any of the other God’s and have them work it out amongst themselves.
-Finds the god’s fights relatively amusing, even though she is never bothered to join in their childish actions.
-Many of the god’s find themselves confiding in her, and going to her for advice

Plot

After the party starts, Zeus is relaxing in a very, VERY good mood (as he already knows he's the winner). Bored, he decided to visit Hestia, to notify her of the parties. Hera was busy monitoring the parties to annoy the other god’s and boast how their thread is the best (an excuse for her to pop around the other threads), so he managed to sneak out.

Then, Eris (The Dusk Sky) pops in looking for Hera (who entertains the thread & asks guests were Hera went, and she is eventually found). She manages to notify Hera of Zeus' visit to Hestia (as an excuse to get away and go have time with one of his lovers).

At this time, Hestia pops into the thread and asks another NPC why Hera looks so angry. She is filled in on what has happened, and watches as Hera snaps and decides to destroy Zeus' favorite thunderbolt, eagle, bull and oak (symbol of Zeus) to kick him out of the Olympian Throne.

Not being the type to generally interfere of the events of others, Hestia hesitates, however, seeing that Hera has finally snapped for good, she decides to try to find Zeus, gathering followers from the thread to help her out.
While they are on their journey, Hera begins to gather followers in the thread, to throw the no good womanizer off the thrown for good.

When Hestia finally finds Zeus, and tells him what is going on, he ignores her pleas at first, saying that Hera is no match for him, and what could she do to hurt him? After awhile of thinking, Hestia remembers that Hera had destroyed his favorite thunderbolt and numbers other things. Zeus becomes enraged, and begins to gather followers to support him in smothering Hera’s uprising. Seeing his rage, Hestia is frightened at the course of action that she has taken, and decides to gather neutral followers to stop Zeus and Hera from blowing Mt. Olympus to tiny little bits.

This is where the clash of the god’s begins. Party patrons must chose a side between all of the NPC’s and we could have some sort of contest to decide the winner. (of course if Hera wins, there will be a plot twist that will make Zeus the Ruler again anyway, but it would be a lot of fun. If Hestia wins, things will go back to normal, and if Zeus wins, Hera will be punished).

(this plot was shu's idea, I just continued off of it ^^)

Whatcha think? heart

ohhhh pps. i'm editing the main plot, and letting Lady A look at it. I have a realllly good idea that has to do with Hestia, I'll post it here or can PM it when im done!  

xTrueBlissx
Vice Captain

xTrueBlissx
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:46 pm
Psycho Sabs
I do like those banners. I think definitely have clouds in the background, columns, art, basically everything mentioned so far. smile

thanks! we can always get other one's too, i was just fooling around with photoshop (i havent used it in AGES).  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:24 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

lol, love the plot idea, especially the bit about blowing mt olympus to pieces. ;D  

symphonium
Crew

Tipsy Conversationalist

Psycho Sabs
Vice Captain

5,150 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200
  • Cart Raider 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:53 pm
Ooh this'll be fun. I really love that plot!  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:58 pm
yay heart  

xTrueBlissx
Vice Captain

Psycho Sabs
Vice Captain

5,150 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200
  • Cart Raider 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:14 pm
So I haven't used Photoshop in a really really really long time. My to-do list:

-Mess around with flow-y poststyles and stuff
-See if I can contribute to the plot (unlikely)
-Go on an art search

...yeah that's about it.

BTW, love your avvie bliss. smile  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 3:37 pm
Thanks! ^^

and i think we will need 2-3 people for RP positions in our room, I haven't quite figured out who they will play though (dusk sky is in the dark room so they may not have time to RP here).

I will post some links to a few shops that I found with cute art too ^^  

xTrueBlissx
Vice Captain

xTrueBlissx
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 3:43 pm
Saki-to-Pm'ed her about a few pieces/background art

Click

Ranchi- Headshots (we could use them as flobs?)
I think they are super cute!

50k for color

Click

r a d i o cannibal- sooooo cute!

100k for color

Click!

Tsuper_Jr -chibi's are cute, however they are a bit small.
45k + for color

Click

(i am of course willing to cover the cost of the art, so don't worry if some artists seem a bit higher priced heart )

I really want cherry to do the art again this year, but she might be to busy crying  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 7:36 pm
Yeah I really want to help you pay for the art, but my funds are dying right now...stupid hestia costume. And who did the art for Panda's character, the one on the front page? I've always loved that art. <3  

Psycho Sabs
Vice Captain

5,150 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200
  • Cart Raider 100

xTrueBlissx
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:30 pm
Psycho Sabs
Yeah I really want to help you pay for the art, but my funds are dying right now...stupid hestia costume. And who did the art for Panda's character, the one on the front page? I've always loved that art. <3

roi-chan (i pmed her but i think she may be too busy) crying

if we could get her however i would insist on paying as it would probibly be 750k for 3 xD  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 2:05 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

omg, khaeja's graphics are absolutely stunning! *wants*
and i'm really sorry guys, i'll totally contribute to the art funds, but i have less than 20k at the moment... D=

symphonium
Crew

Tipsy Conversationalist

Psycho Sabs
Vice Captain

5,150 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200
  • Cart Raider 100
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 2:21 pm
Lol I've always loved that. And I'm totally trusting you about the art. XP.

I'm setting up my own little blinkie shop, mostly because I probably won't have enough funds to even buy my costume. I buy too much art. ><  
Room Planning

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff