Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild
Have you ever... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Labtech Abi

Friendly Pumpkin

8,975 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:34 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Yeah. I only read Naruto because of Sasuke and Naruto. :p I only started watching Eva because of the little angel-boy. sweatdrop

You won't like me when I'm sexy...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:50 am
Yes, very much so. I've even gotten into a fandom from reading the fanfic and collecting fanart and whatnot first then playing the game/reading the book/reading the manga/watching the anime/whichever. Afterwards I tend to forget that I did that, though, and I might not even ship that pairing.

There's often been a time when I've seen people roleplaying two characters in a slashy way on livejournal or whatever and then wanted to check out the series they're from. Camp ******** u die is especially bad for that.

On the flip side, sometimes I'll pick something up that I've not poked at the fandom and say "I'm going to finish this without shipping anything!" and then slash half the characters anyway.
Good Omens was a particularly ill-chosen book to try this with - it didn't work at all.  

Lady Gyrfalcon
Crew

Dapper Ghost

SilverMaple
Crew

Sparkly Lover

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 4:14 pm
I got into High School Musical slash before I even knew what I was reading. gonk

Then I found out what it was and watched the movie and just headdesked.

And then I went back to the slash fic, because I still like it, even though I can't stand the movies.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 4:23 pm
legend of Zelda...
I am such a bad person...
Only played some of them for Link X Dark Link action.. xd sweatdrop xd eek xd sweatdrop  

Sethiris

Dapper Hunter

4,150 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

LazyButler

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:09 am
I did it once... 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:34 pm
Yeah, I'll admit it. I check out the hot ones, sometimes even the women are quite attractive and i fall in love with them even if they are the villainous ones. they are still hot. and that's what makes the books all the better...or anime for that matter...  

reality is too cruel

5,850 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Gaian 0

kiyomiuchiha01

6,100 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:48 pm
Yes, Kuroshitsuji  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:08 pm
Oh boy do I ever do that. Most of the anime and mangas that I watch or read I always have a favorite yaoi couple (even if they are straight and with someone else) Like I started reading D-Grayman because I saw a doujinshi of Kanda and Allen (god I just love Kanda! *totally has a squee moment*)

I also remember starting to read slash fics because of my love for Star Trek the original series: SpockxKirk and McCoyxPavel all the way for me. *another squee moment*

Hell sometimes I'll be seeing my friends reading a manga and be like "I wonder if I could pair anyone up in there?" then I just have to get the manga to read myself. XDDDDDDDD  

ReiGenx13

Hoshi no Miko

Distinct Member

5,150 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Tipsy 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:32 pm
The main reason I love Fafner in the Azure: Dead Aggressor, is because the two main characters, Soushi and Kazuki, are the two most slashable things I have seen since Hiei and Kurama from Yu Yu Hakusho, or Trowa and Quatre from Gundam Wing! Hell, Soushi and Kazuki are MORE slashable than the others. Actually, Fafner in the Azure: Dead Aggressor is the first anime in a LONG time that I have watched mostly just for the slashyness of it all.  
PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 8:29 am
i have alot. but when i find out that it is not yaoi im not upset because i'll still slash people  

Aieko_09

Demonic Shapeshifter

20,325 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • The Plague of Kokeshi 100
  • Nebula Novice 100

Kurushii V

1,500 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 4:44 pm
i cant say that i have though i dont really hear about a lot of yaoi from my friends  
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 7:42 am
I do it a lot but if I don't like the series, I end up dropping it. It's best when I get into a series because it's a good series and then I find a pairing to ship.
(Although I played Kingdom Hearts only for AkuRoku and I'm still obsessed with it)  

Blood_Fetish

Sai Kaitou X

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 8:41 am
The main reason I watch anime is for the slash.
But I can get into anime/manga that are not slashable too.
Such as Nougami Neuro and Ghost Stories.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:29 pm
It's not even fandoms anymore.

I started going to the gym because of slash. I am becoming more politically conscious/active/etc because of slash. ...and now that I say that 'out loud' so to speak it sounds pretty lame.  

Sieffre

Wheezing Genius

7,450 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Lady Gyrfalcon
Crew

Dapper Ghost

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 3:03 pm
Sieffre
It's not even fandoms anymore.

I started going to the gym because of slash. I am becoming more politically conscious/active/etc because of slash. ...and now that I say that 'out loud' so to speak it sounds pretty lame.

Well, I wouldn't worry about it sounding bad - so far as I'm concerned so long as someone's doing go, it doesn't matter why.
The thing that I can't stand is fangirls saying they support gay rights or something and then turning around and saying something ridiculous like "but only cute guys" or "but eww, lesbians!"
Maybe I'm a little bit hard on people, but seriously... Put one's money where one's mouth is.

Anyway, along with the other reasons to play the beautiful flawed game that is Fragile Dreams:Farewell Ruins of the Moon, the wth Crow/Seto was part of it.  
The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff