Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Non Star Trek Discussion Forum
To any Twilight/Star Trek fans, have you ever noticed.... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Matt Pniewski

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:06 pm
flamez_gurl34
ThePurpleTrekkie
Quite frankly. Twilight sucks. It is not in the least bit romantic. I despise it, even though a close friend of mine looks Exactly like Robert Pattinson/Edward Cullen. I do not think that Data and he are in anyway alike. That is utter bullshit. (sorry for the language, its not a fun topic for me to write about)

I found it almost disturbing that in a STAR TREK guild that there was even an Inkling of Twilight. I juat can't even look anymore.

xd I am sorry to have created such controversy in your life.

It really astounds me that people can carry such rage because they didn't like a series of books or a couple of movies! (and I don't mean that in a rude, snarky, or defensive way.) It's actually kind of funny. And especially that the people who just happened to read a book would be considered idiots on that basis. I would have thought Star Trek fans of all people wouldn't have such harsh reactions. It's like a klingon talking to a romulan.

The problem with Twilight is it is coldly calculated formulaic garbage tailor made for your demographic, rather than stories the writer actual wants to tell. It takes a really disgusting attitude ton write something like Twilight, which is the story or Jane Everygirl and her magic perfect boyfriend.

Meanwhile, both Love interests are horrible abusers, and if they started dating anyone I knew they'd be met with silver bullets and steaks. They rely on rape and emotional manipulation, and the fact that people find the books "Romantic" is so disgusting that a little piece of my faith in humanity has died because of their popularity.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:42 pm
Yeah, first it was Televison going down, next it was music, and after that movies... I figured that at least literature would be saved. I was totally wrong when I finally had a better judgement of the Twilight series.  

xXSuperWhateverXx

7,200 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

Nerthus_water_nymph

5,900 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:26 pm
I have to admit at first I liked the Twilight series merely due to the fact that I love vampire books especially anything written by Anne Rice. However, I was only able to like the books if I ignored the things like sparkly vampires and he/she loves me he/she loves me not syndromes. Now I want to have a bonfire and burn the books while reading Bram Stokers Dracula marveling at the superiority.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:38 pm
What pissed me off about the series the most(besides the sparkly Vampires) was, the people (more specifically, women) who couldn't stop obsessing over the series, and calm down. Honestly! I'd rather be caught reading books about Barney The Dinosaur. At least those books don't teach terrible things like "How to be a stalker 101".  

xXSuperWhateverXx

7,200 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

Nerthus_water_nymph

5,900 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:45 pm
True, true especially after the movies came out  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:09 pm
UGHH!!!
DON'T GET ME STARTED ON THE MOVIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THAT MOVIE WAS A WASTE OF MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

xXSuperWhateverXx

7,200 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

Nerthus_water_nymph

5,900 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:25 pm
I watched it on the computer no way was I wasting 10 bucks  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:55 pm
Nerthus_water_nymph
I watched it on the computer no way was I wasting 10 bucks

Pfft! I'll probably do that for the other movies as I watch them, and make fun of them.  

xXSuperWhateverXx

7,200 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

Andy Magnuseth

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:27 pm
flamez_gurl34
That Data IS Edward Cullen!

Think about it, gold eyes, pale skin, dark hair, super strong, super fast, never eats or sleeps.

I mean, aside from the whole emotions thing the similarities are kind eerie.

Personally I like Data better lol.

EDIT:: Maybe I should add this to this post...
flamez_gurl34

I don't think their that similar, I mean obviously Data's not a creepy freaky stalker, and their personalities aren't AT ALL alike. Just they have alot of similar physical attributes, which I found amusing when I first realized them.
OH MY GOD.

HOW DARE YOU BRING TWIFAGGOTRY INTO THE GREAT LOVE THAT IS STAR TREK.

Please...just leave.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:08 am
Miki Ishikawa

Please...just leave.

Not to be rude but, I believe that is the course of action if you ever make another topic about Twilight..  

xXSuperWhateverXx

7,200 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

Andy Magnuseth

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:18 am
xXSuperWhateverXx
Miki Ishikawa

Please...just leave.

Not to be rude but, I believe that is the course of action if you ever make another topic about Twilight..
Amen.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:26 pm
Yeah, go read some LOTR and come back to us!  

xXSuperWhateverXx

7,200 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

Matt Pniewski

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:34 pm
Guys, at this point your insulting the person, not the books. Totally don't stand for that. It's terrible and you should be ashamed.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:51 pm
Matt Pniewski
Guys, at this point your insulting the person, not the books. Totally don't stand for that. It's terrible and you should be ashamed.

O_______O"

I forgot that was on the TOS....

My apologies!  

xXSuperWhateverXx

7,200 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

filigree hummingbird

Sparkly Prophet

9,700 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:35 am
xXSuperWhateverXx
Quote:

Yeah, I also heard that he starred in Harry Potter 4. None of the girls who saw him in Harry Potter 4 went crazy over him, until he starred in Twilight and had a "romantic" scene with Kristen Stewart/Bella. Really there is no difference in him between Harry Potter and Twilight, with the exception of white make up. It makes me think that if any guy portrayed Edward Cullen, even an ugly guy who has a low possibility of being in an adult situation. That every girl would try to frigging attack him!

ok no offence but my school went muy loco for cedric (aka robert patterson) in harry potter but totally rejected him like a bad liver when he played edward cullen. i think it was because they made him look like a goth elvis presley..

data is cool but spock rocks!!!! dramallama

Non Star Trek Discussion Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces