Welcome to Gaia! ::

( guildy)╬[The Empire of Gaia]╬

Back to Guilds

█▓░ FREE GOLDS GIVING ░▓█ Win Million of Gold & Cash 

Tags: Linkin Park,Twilight, Free Golds,Friends Girls boys,Love,Games, Avatars,Items,Shop,Market,Music,Sport, Poll,Bump,Guildy,Naruto, Zomg,Art,Writing,Arena 

Reply [27]~ Sociality&Advices ~
no racist from now!! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

agree?
  yes!!!
View Results

wildblackfire

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:04 pm
andsonz
wildblackfire
andsonz
wildblackfire
andsonz
wildblackfire
stare ...hello... You do realize deleting the posts doesn't change the fact that they were posted? You can't hold a discussion like this without there being extreme emotional reactions. Especially considering the personal nature of the content to the people posting. The problem is the people posting in the guilds extended discussions area, don't know how to hold a debate. They don't know how to keep their personal feelings out of the subject of discussion, thus creating bias in their argument. Such a blatant disregard for the rules of engagement I can only conclude originate in either ignorance, inexperience or they let their feelings get the better of them. you the boss guy. what's the plan to rectify the situation? Because simply playing like it never happened doesn't work.

u right.. and u know? i just remove it(not delete)...if u want i can make it appear again...
ok but how do you plan to fix the social stigma the guild holds now? and don't bring it back, baaaad idea, I was just making the point that people won't forget what was said simply because it's not there anymore. I would suggest creating a rules sticky similar to the rules applied to ED forum. And creating social stigma for those who break it. In other words if you simply attack someone you are now open for personal attacks by everyone else on the forum. stare

well im offensive type... dont worry ... well yeah.. for some simple thread...i will tell them the topic get removed....
im not really attack...
just only this subforum i do...
pirate bcoz this forum makes people sad...so i remove... heart
your making no coherent sense. I noticed you changed the forums name. I think that's a good idea. It will mean that people focus on more then a single controversial subject. eek

yep...but not for negative debates emo
negative debates don't have to be hard. you just have to follow the rules. aka

keep your personal opinion out of your argument, only use facts. if someone includes a personal opinion as part of their argument, point out that it is not a debatable argument. so it's useless to include it.

cite sources with your facts to back up your argument so nobody can say you're lying.

Don't attack the poster, attack their argument. if you attack the poster it only makes the argument personal, and makes it important to the poster that they are right. They won't listen to you after that even if you're right. Because it's personal now.

take victory with humility if you win the argument. don't make enemies just because you were right. It doesn't mean you will be right the next time you state something. You don't want them to rip you down when you are proved wrong, so why do it to them? nobody can be right all the time.

take defeat with grace. if you are proved wrong. admit it and learn from it. it shows that you are willing to learn from your mistakes. it doesn't mean you're stupid. Just that you were wrong.

those are just some of the rules. Go to ED forums if you want to understand more
smile  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:58 pm
Wow, you must have been doing this for a while.  

Nick_austin90

Valiant Gaian

wildblackfire

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:16 pm
Nick_austin90
Wow, you must have been doing this for a while.
nope I'm just very analytical. I analyzed the structure of successful debates and why they work that way. stare  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:45 am
wildblackfire
andsonz
wildblackfire
andsonz
wildblackfire
ok but how do you plan to fix the social stigma the guild holds now? and don't bring it back, baaaad idea, I was just making the point that people won't forget what was said simply because it's not there anymore. I would suggest creating a rules sticky similar to the rules applied to ED forum. And creating social stigma for those who break it. In other words if you simply attack someone you are now open for personal attacks by everyone else on the forum. stare

well im offensive type... dont worry ... well yeah.. for some simple thread...i will tell them the topic get removed....
im not really attack...
just only this subforum i do...
pirate bcoz this forum makes people sad...so i remove... heart
your making no coherent sense. I noticed you changed the forums name. I think that's a good idea. It will mean that people focus on more then a single controversial subject. eek

yep...but not for negative debates emo
negative debates don't have to be hard. you just have to follow the rules. aka

keep your personal opinion out of your argument, only use facts. if someone includes a personal opinion as part of their argument, point out that it is not a debatable argument. so it's useless to include it.

cite sources with your facts to back up your argument so nobody can say you're lying.

Don't attack the poster, attack their argument. if you attack the poster it only makes the argument personal, and makes it important to the poster that they are right. They won't listen to you after that even if you're right. Because it's personal now.

take victory with humility if you win the argument. don't make enemies just because you were right. It doesn't mean you will be right the next time you state something. You don't want them to rip you down when you are proved wrong, so why do it to them? nobody can be right all the time.

take defeat with grace. if you are proved wrong. admit it and learn from it. it shows that you are willing to learn from your mistakes. it doesn't mean you're stupid. Just that you were wrong.

those are just some of the rules. Go to ED forums if you want to understand more
smile

understood... all i need is to be "neutral" ... 3nodding and your point is right...
thx for the good explanation blaugh  

Andsonz
Crew

Divine Kitten

11,975 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Divine Donator 100
[27]~ Sociality&Advices ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash