New and wandering town Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gaston Marceau
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:39 am
Etienne arches a brow at Veronica's response, pleased that she's going along with his innuendos. "I'm sure I could be convinced to spill something, just so you can have your fun later."

As for the wine, he gives a slight shrug. "No white wine, I can go with that. A nice Pinot Noir oughta do, methinks. Especially with a good hearty red sauce. But the evening is young, go with what tickles you."  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 4:56 pm
"A pinot noir works, I'm sure they have a decent one even." She knew some about wine at least, couldn't live but so long and know nothing about it after all, she had shortly worked at a vinery but it hadn't worked out. "Don't spill the wine is all I ask." Well if he was going to spill something that wasn't the thing to waste.

"So you live in town?" Might as well ask these things since she had just moved to the area, always good to know who all was around, even as she glanced over the menu.

Vesta Shade

Gaston Marceau
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:21 am
"Consider it doe." Etienne says to not spilling the wine, then smiles. "I'm in luck today...met a good humored woman, attractive, and a woman of taste to boot. Must be good karma."

As to the question, he nods. "Yeah, I only moved up here recently myself to start out a new career. I actually live on a ship out at the marina...I imagine it'll come in handy if stuff ever hits the fan around here. I can just pack up and sail away."

Etienne glances at the menu, determined to order something a little more manly than spaghetti and meatballs. "Looks as if you're fairly new around here yourself."  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:56 pm
Veroncia had to glance up a moment, slightly impressed, "Live on a ship? I am to assume a nice one." Slightly teasing there, still impressed though, most ships cost a pretty penny and more than a pretty penny to keep maintained. In other words they were outside her apparent budget, not that she particularly cared. After all she couldn't go buying things that another collage professor of her standing couldn't possibly afford, and that just didn't bother her, she wasn't big on grand standing with stuff she just didn't need.

"But yes, moved in yesterday matter of fact, transferred to Seacouver University since their chemistry teacher changed professions. Figured the timing was right to move, and it's right before a semester starts." A one shouldered shrug on that as she closed her menu, fairly sure she knew what she was getting now.

Vesta Shade

Gaston Marceau
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:27 am
Etienne chuckles. "Yeah, it's pretty nice...a big old antique, actually. Always wanted one, and it was the perfect way to annoy my old teacher who thinks I should be more subtle and responsible." He's also a little spoiled by having so much money to spend...being related to a prominent New Orleans Thieves Guild, family of former plantations owners, and a retired secret agent can be quite lucrative.

Anyway, he nods along as Veronica explains a little more about herself. "Definitely sounds like good timing to me. Even though I'm too new to be the official Seacouver Welcoming Committee, welcome to the place nonetheless."  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:10 pm
"Subtle and responsible only need to be expressed when needed, otherwise things get far too dull." Not that she followed her own words very often, but that was another reason for moving, try to kick start her life past just work. And honestly there's only so old she can say she is. "And annoying old teachers is always a past time to indulge in so I'm told." And knew from experience even.

"I will admit there's someone else in town I know," Since they were in a way speaking of teachers and students, "If he hasn't annoyed anyone too badly yet, a student of mine." Couldn't really call him and old student, he was still far too young for that to translate well in her mind. "So if you come across a young annoying goth you at least know who to blame for his knowing anything." Veronica still sounded mildly amused, but then the boy had been her first try at helping a younger immortal, and he didn't turn out too bad, even if there were days he made her feel like an old lady.

Vesta Shade

Gaston Marceau
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:37 pm
"A goth, huh?" Etienne arches a brow, thinking. Her description reminds him of that kid that got dragged into Methos' disappearing act a while back. If memory serves, the boy seemed to enjoy being picked o by Kalika. "Might've spotted him once or twice."

A few seconds later, the waitress arrives with their wine, and Etienne some Italian seafood thing..shrimp, scallops, pasta, parmesan sauce, etc...you get the idea. He smiles. "And as for the rest, I make it a point to NEVER be dull. Call me anything you like, but you'll never end up with dull."  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:41 pm
Her order had been just been cheese stuffed shells, simple and still went with the wine. "I don't foresee you being anywhere near dull no." Her reply came with a soft laugh, "I gathered that much simply from your greeting." No one else had ever approached her that way, or even invited her to dinner after the fact. So far she was enjoying how this was turning out, and to think she could have stayed in to unpack more.  

Vesta Shade

Gaston Marceau
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:39 pm
"Well, not to bore you with a listing of my faults," Etienne begins with a grin, "Besides, you'll discover those pretty quickly on your own if you feel like hanging around with me beyond dinner.

The wine comes, and he pauses to take his first sip. "But I'd gotten in the habit of sulking around a lot, being a bit of a loner, and causing massive damage to public property during a temper tantrum or two. Anyway, with my recent career change, I'm doing my damndest to lighten up."

He raises his wine glass in a little toast. "Of course, bumping into you has been the perfect inspiration. Cheers."  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:34 pm
Well she wasn't going to miss that little toast, picking up her own glass and taking a sip, pleased with the flavor she flashed a small smile as she set it down. "Now I think most in our circumstances tend then to be a loner, myself included in that." Which she hadn't fully thought about till now really, sure she dealt with her classes but outside of that she was normally found at home or other remote places.

"I might should work on that." So this happening was rather well fated for both of them really, so that only lead to her asking a playful question, "So what might you be interested in doing after dinner?"

Vesta Shade

Gaston Marceau
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:05 pm
Etienne shrugs a bit. "I suppose you're right. How lucky for both of us, then, that we're coming out of our shells at the same time."

As for the rest, Veronica's playful question deserves an equally playful response. "After dinner? Dessert is sounding more attractive by the moment."  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:14 pm
His answer elected a smile from her, "I can work with dessert." She even sounded rather sure of that much, to what ends was impossible to tell so far. "I didn't use to keep to myself, that's been more happening within the last twenty years." Just to add so she felt like she attributed something to the topic.  

Vesta Shade

Gaston Marceau
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:45 pm
Etienne is quickly becoming more and more enchanted with Veronica by the moment. Sure, cute is all well and good on it's own, but if the woman doesn't have a brain to go with it, he's liable to get bored fairly quickly. "Hey, I make a mean bananas foster: ice cream, fruit, some bourbon, a little heat...can't go wrong, I tell you."

As for adding to the topic, he doesn't mind at all. "I know the feeling. I think I must go through phases or something."  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:58 pm
"Wouldn't that depends how much bourbon and heat on if something can go wrong?" Had to ask, though with a joking tilt on her words, "Wouldn't want you to burn off your eyebrows." That would be the wrong type of entertainment for the evening she was sure.

Veronica nodded having to agree on the second part, "Most certainly, everyone goes through come type of phases throughout the years, part of mentally growing still." At least that was how she looked at it, and it made some sense, no one could ever always stay the same. Mind patterns change throughout time and elect certain patterns till everything was smoothed back out.

Vesta Shade

Gaston Marceau
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:09 pm
Etienne laughs outright at that. "I'm really starting to like you, you know that?" He takes another sip of wine. "Don't worry, I've done it before, and the bourbon is always superb and the heat is always perfect." Either that, or he's met too many people who can fake it. You be the judge.

As for phases, Etienne smirks. "I suppose you're right, though, I'm not very fond of phases. Puberty was irritating enough the first time, dammit."  
Highlander Roleplaying - Free Form

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff