Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
covens Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Doctrix

Blessed Friend

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 11:45 pm
darkviewoflife13
i dissrespect them for not even basing their judgment on anything. and that is true i am dissobaying them, but then again they dont know i'm on the comp right now. i'm not supposed to be.

I guess you're proving to them that Paganism is a bad influence on you, and that Pagans are disrespectful liars.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 11:46 pm
no, they are unawear that i want to be a wiccan they think i just dropped it, i have a habit of doing that  

darkviewoflife13

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 12:04 am
[Kudzu]
darkviewoflife13
i dissrespect them for not even basing their judgment on anything. and that is true i am dissobaying them, but then again they dont know i'm on the comp right now. i'm not supposed to be.

I guess you're proving to them that Paganism is a bad influence on you, and that Pagans are disrespectful liars.

Thank you for putting it better than I did.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 12:25 am
darkviewoflife13
no, they are unawear that i want to be a wiccan they think i just dropped it, i have a habit of doing that

darkviewoflife13

Something to Replace

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 12:39 pm
Personaly, I think you guys are missing the point.
While her parents are taking care of her and they have good intentions, it's also important that both the child and the parent make an effort to understand eachother. I don't think she should just GIVE UP studying Paganism. Should'nt she talk it through and show to her parents that Wicca is /not/ a cult (cult's follow a leader, a real life person, and pays the religion money that the cult pretends to "need") and show she is being responsible and cooperative? That sounds like a better approach to me than A) secrecy or B) going against their rules. smile

And by the way, the Bible doesn't say anything about Wicca being a bad influence. I don't even have to read it to know that; the Bible has been around longer than Wicca. And the part where it says witchcraft is bad was actaully because of an edit, far after the Bible was actaully written. Personally, that makes me think that witchcraft=evil is NOT part Christianity but a moral /of/ a Christian, /not/ based on the Bible.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 2:39 pm
darkviewoflife13

Uh, that doesn't make everything all better. Your deception is a crime against the religion you wear, and all of us who are associated with you. You lie and are disrespectful because of Paganism, and when your parents find out they will be absolutely right to know that about you. I'm ashamed when I see this. I'm ashamed that you are doing this in the name of something that should be a beautiful addition to your life. You've twisted it into something horrible out of immaturity and cowardice. Now it's ruining the person you could be without it. I hope you will either "drop it" and move on to a more positive religion for you, or own up to yourself in front of your parents.  

Doctrix

Blessed Friend

Doctrix

Blessed Friend

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 2:47 pm
inblood_isoak
I don't think she should just GIVE UP studying Paganism. Should'nt she talk it through and show to her parents.

Thank you for clarifying. I agree with that as an option, and that the sneaking around is not an appropriate alternative.

inblood_isoak
the Bible doesn't say anything about Wicca being a bad influence. I don't even have to read it to know that;

I guess they wouldn't even have had to believe that if she hadn't made it such an awful influence on her life like she did. It's a shame, really, that she turned it into something it wasn't, and she didn't even have to.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 2:10 am
honesty i am sorry for all i have did and looking back on it i realize how bad it was, i think i just need some time to sort things out, things have been going a bit rough for me and i need to streighten some things out, perhaps i will attempt to talk to my parents again i don't know but for now i consider myself in a shamefilled silence  

darkviewoflife13

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 6:22 pm
inblood_isoak
Personaly, I think you guys are missing the point.
While her parents are taking care of her and they have good intentions, it's also important that both the child and the parent make an effort to understand eachother.
It's nice if they do- but considering a parent's job is to ensure the future of their child, it's not required. Granted, it makes things easier- better for the child and helps to cut down on the therapy bills later in life- but that's another story.
Quote:
I don't think she should just GIVE UP studying Paganism.
I don't consider many mind altering substances to be bad on their own merits. It's not my place to tell a minor that they should indulge when their parents have laid down the law as it were.
Quote:
Should'nt she talk it through and show to her parents that Wicca is /not/ a cult (cult's follow a leader, a real life person, and pays the religion money that the cult pretends to "need")
Some sects that call themselves Wicca are cults. There are "Covens" that sexually abuse their members including minors. To be honest- I think that her parents are making a good call in regard to the safety of their child and that until she is more mature- following their rules is important.
Quote:
and show she is being responsible and cooperative?
Except- she isn't. She's pulling a "I'm an individual and I'll do whatever I want to do no matter what my parents say/think/feel/know etc".
Quote:
That sounds like a better approach to me than A) secrecy or B) going against their rules. smile
And when her parents still tell her "No"?

Quote:
And by the way, the Bible doesn't say anything about Wicca being a bad influence.
The Bible has prohibitions against divination- a common part of many paths and traditions. And if you get a really bad translation- it does have a prohibition against witchcraft and some pagan rites. (Wiccans jump fires at Sabbats, yes?)
Quote:
I don't even have to read it to know that; the Bible has been around longer than Wicca.
Yes- but Witchcraft has been around longer than the Bible.
Quote:
And the part where it says witchcraft is bad was actaully because of an edit, far after the Bible was actaully written. Personally, that makes me think that witchcraft=evil is NOT part Christianity but a moral /of/ a Christian, /not/ based on the Bible.
That's fine. And educated people will agree with you. Her parent's likely will not- and that's their right. It is wrong for any of us to encourage a minor living under their parent's roof to disobey their parents- no matter how much we disagree with them.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 8:08 pm
TeaDidikai
It is wrong for any of us to encourage a minor living under their parent's roof to disobey their parents- no matter how much we disagree with them.
She's right, you know. If we encourage her in defying her parents when all they're trying to do is ensure her safety, we're also confirming their impressions by seducing her away from her family's values.  

TheDisreputableDog

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 11:27 am
TheDisreputableDog
TeaDidikai
It is wrong for any of us to encourage a minor living under their parent's roof to disobey their parents- no matter how much we disagree with them.
She's right, you know. If we encourage her in defying her parents when all they're trying to do is ensure her safety, we're also confirming their impressions by seducing her away from her family's values.
Bingo!

We don't want to be the eBiL Pegunz thet cruppted there dauter!  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 2:51 pm
TeaDidikai
inblood_isoak
Quote:
And the part where it says witchcraft is bad was actaully because of an edit, far after the Bible was actaully written. Personally, that makes me think that witchcraft=evil is NOT part Christianity but a moral /of/ a Christian, /not/ based on the Bible.
That's fine. And educated people will agree with you. Her parent's likely will not- and that's their right. It is wrong for any of us to encourage a minor living under their parent's roof to disobey their parents- no matter how much we disagree with them.
i understand both of ur aguements... true witchcrafts was around before christianity & the bible...but it wasn't known as such till the bible named it as such. which was long after it was originally written. when christianity first started, they had no grudge against any other religion. in fact they were harmonious to all other religions. but as it grew in power they made to force ppl into believing that their rituals for acts of evil. they turned the old gods & goddess into the first devils & deamons. & then came the persecution of any & all "witches" because they were defying the majority & we all know what happened next. so both of u have good points & both are correct...

wicked_faery

Fashionable Phantom

8,200 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Tycoon 200

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 4:28 pm
wicked_faery
i understand both of ur aguements... true witchcrafts was around before christianity & the bible...but it wasn't known as such till the bible named it as such.
Actually, I disagree. The Bible- as in the New Testament, didn't name it. Most of what is translated as "Witchcraft" is named in the OT, under the Hebrew word "qecem" and "kashaph". One speaks to work with spirits, the other is tied to a form of worship.
Quote:
which was long after it was originally written. when christianity first started, they had no grudge against any other religion. in fact they were harmonious to all other religions. but as it grew in power they made to force ppl into believing that their rituals for acts of evil.
Gnostic Christians don't seem to hold this opinion- and they are amongst the first of the Christian Traditions.

Quote:
then came the persecution of any & all "witches" because they were defying the majority & we all know what happened next. so both of u have good points & both are correct...
Actually, the initial Papal Bulls condemn heretics. And believe me, the number of non-Christians that was put to death amongst the few thousand people who were killed was a very small minority in contrast to the number of good Christians that were killed.

Politics can be a b***h, eh?  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 5:40 pm
TeaDidikai
wicked_faery
i understand both of ur aguements... true witchcrafts was around before christianity & the bible...but it wasn't known as such till the bible named it as such.
Actually, I disagree. The Bible- as in the New Testament, didn't name it. Most of what is translated as "Witchcraft" is named in the OT, under the Hebrew word "qecem" and "kashaph". One speaks to work with spirits, the other is tied to a form of worship.
Quote:
which was long after it was originally written. when christianity first started, they had no grudge against any other religion. in fact they were harmonious to all other religions. but as it grew in power they made to force ppl into believing that their rituals for acts of evil.
Gnostic Christians don't seem to hold this opinion- and they are amongst the first of the Christian Traditions.

Quote:
then came the persecution of any & all "witches" because they were defying the majority & we all know what happened next. so both of u have good points & both are correct...
Actually, the initial Papal Bulls condemn heretics. And believe me, the number of non-Christians that was put to death amongst the few thousand people who were killed was a very small minority in contrast to the number of good Christians that were killed.

Politics can be a b***h, eh?
lol i never meant those things quite so literally XD or specifically. all i meant was in a way they are both correct. not perfect but relatively in the right direction.  

wicked_faery

Fashionable Phantom

8,200 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Tycoon 200

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 11:42 pm
wicked_faery
lol i never meant those things quite so literally XD or specifically. all i meant was in a way they are both correct. not perfect but relatively in the right direction.
And I corrected you citing the Hebrew word in the Bible that says witchcraft is bad.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff