Welcome to Gaia! ::

8th Annual User Run Ball

Back to Guilds

The planning guild for the 8th Annual Ball. Wanna help? 

Tags: Creativity, User-Based, Annual, Artists, Ball 

Reply Room Planning
.•°The Forest of the Divine°•. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 11 12 13 14 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dead0410
Crew

7,950 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Junior Trader 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:26 pm
I have a fund raising idea!!

When we've found all the NPCs for the room, we could all open a shop, with all of us selling different things. We'll explain each of our services on the front page, and that way we don't have to do it alone, and all the fund raising will come from 2 shops ((the one I'm talking about opening and your movie poster place)) rather than like 5 individual ones and the whole place ought to be more successful and very profitable.

For example...I can make banners. Not the best banners ever or anything, but nice banners of just about any size.
Someone can sell art.
Someone can sell graphics.
Someone can sell themselves/others as a bumper(s).
Someone can do a lottery.
And so one and so forth!

It's kind of like your idea number 2, but we'll be selling our talents to multiple people rather than being auctioned off just once.
3nodding  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:14 pm
Luna Verto
I have a fund raising idea!!

When we've found all the NPCs for the room, we could all open a shop, with all of us selling different things. We'll explain each of our services on the front page, and that way we don't have to do it alone, and all the fund raising will come from 2 shops ((the one I'm talking about opening and your movie poster place)) rather than like 5 individual ones and the whole place ought to be more successful and very profitable.

For example...I can make banners. Not the best banners ever or anything, but nice banners of just about any size.
Someone can sell art.
Someone can sell graphics.
Someone can sell themselves/others as a bumper(s).
Someone can do a lottery.
And so one and so forth!

It's kind of like your idea number 2, but we'll be selling our talents to multiple people rather than being auctioned off just once.
3nodding

That is a good idea. Way better than the auctioning off people thing. That way it gets the people from the room involved.

How are you liking the plot line? Do you have any ideas?

Oh and I am so happy that you have gotten the other Co-Host job. ^_^  

Lady Elmira
Crew

Dapper Informer

7,150 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Gaian 50

Dead0410
Crew

7,950 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Junior Trader 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:05 pm
I like it! I don't really think I'll have anything to add to it until we start getting to the details.

I can't do a lot of stuff for 2 weeks, in real life I'll be really busy with school/swimming, then I'll be gone for a week, then the next week is vacation for me so I'm hoping to work on the fundraiser and hiring room characters, and getting lots done in general that week, if that's OK. After that I won't be too busy again, so I ought to be able to get plenty done on a regular basis.^-^

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:18 pm
That's fine. I am going to be pretty busy these next few weeks also.

Should we come up with a list of stuff we need to do?  

Lady Elmira
Crew

Dapper Informer

7,150 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Gaian 50

Dead0410
Crew

7,950 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Junior Trader 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:23 pm
Sure!
Here's all I can think of:
1) Find room crew
2) Buy or design a layout for the fundraiser thread
3) Open fundraiser thread
4) I still have to post in the appearances thread
5) Decide on a definite plot
6) Add details/write out plot
7) Buy or design a layout for The Forest Room
8 ) Get art for The Forest Room
9) Fundraise
10) Decide on and get Forest Room prizes
11) Create contests

Oh, and while I'm thinking about it, the Annual Ball date (18-21) is great for me! So unless something random comes up at the last minute (e.g., a close family member or friend dies or something like that) I will for sure be able to host!!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:34 am
Sounds like a good list. I added it to the front page of the thread. I had thought of this for the list then I forgot them. I hate when I do that.

As for the layout of the fundraiser thread, I could do it if you wanted me to.

For contests, I thought of having an archery contest to go along with the plot. We could use the random number generator for like accuracy points.

And what theme should we do for the avatar contest? Here is just random stuff I thought of:

The Gods after hours.
The Gods during their hobbies.
Ipersonations  

Lady Elmira
Crew

Dapper Informer

7,150 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Gaian 50

Dead0410
Crew

7,950 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Junior Trader 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:43 pm
Sure! I was thinking we'd have like a white/black theme for the main post and whatnot, and then have all of us selling things post in different colors, that would look kind of cool and accentuate how we're providing multiple services.

That is a great idea!! I'd been wondering how we could fit a post action contest to the theme!

As for an avatar contest, I was thinking we could make a list of Greek/Roman Gods and Goddesses and nymphs that have something to do with forests and whatnot, providing a description of each, and people could pick one to dress as. The list could include people like arachne, who were turned to forest animals or things at the whim of the gods and goddesses. Plot wise it would fit too, we could call it the 'honor history' tektek contest or 'dress in our honor' tektek contest if we added our own characters to the list.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:46 pm
I just wanted to let you know I haven't fallen off the map. I just have had an extremely busy week. I should be able to do more later on this weekend.  

Lady Elmira
Crew

Dapper Informer

7,150 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Gaian 50

Dead0410
Crew

7,950 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Junior Trader 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:05 pm
Don't worry about it! I'm about to miss a week myself to go to Seattle, so I won't be on much at all until after that.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:51 pm
I am wondering if we should have some kind of writing contest/  

Lady Elmira
Crew

Dapper Informer

7,150 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Gaian 50

Dead0410
Crew

7,950 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Junior Trader 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:49 pm
Sure! Idea's as to what it should be about?
(My minds a bit creatively lacking right now, so I'll post some idea's later too. <3)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:36 pm
Lymrics? A Heroic tale? poem? I am having a brain freeze too.  

Lady Elmira
Crew

Dapper Informer

7,150 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Gaian 50

Dead0410
Crew

7,950 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Junior Trader 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:09 pm
Poems ftw!! 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:57 pm
I had some free time so I thought I'd make a banner, since we still need some helpers:
User Image
[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=17968805&page=1][img]http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa19/Senenca/Gaia Banners/frb.gif[/img][/url]

Dead0410
Crew

7,950 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Junior Trader 100

Dead0410
Crew

7,950 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Junior Trader 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:53 pm
Let me know if you think this art shop is OK-I've just asked the owner (we're friends, I know him from another charity) if he is interested in the job:

User Image

Room Planning

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 11 12 13 14 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces