Welcome to Gaia! ::

8th Annual User Run Ball

Back to Guilds

The planning guild for the 8th Annual Ball. Wanna help? 

Tags: Creativity, User-Based, Annual, Artists, Ball 

Reply Room Planning
The Celebration (STILL LOOKING FOR STAFF!) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Trivia: who is the mother of Dionysus in most versions of the myth?
  Aphrodite
  Semele
  Demeter
  Khrysothemis
View Results

Slytherin Lord
Crew

Desirable Guildsman

14,825 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:05 pm
I am going to try to be a host for this room. I hope I can, as you seem nice, and someone I can work well with.

Also the enemy idea is cool also. We could twist the greek gods around and make Zeus an enemy of our room...lol

But in all seriousness, i think an enemy god would be good. Maybe Hades.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:06 pm
Sheriff Dustin
I am going to try to be a host for this room. I hope I can, as you seem nice, and someone I can work well with.

Also the enemy idea is cool also. We could twist the greek gods around and make Zeus an enemy of our room...lol

But in all seriousness, i think an enemy god would be good. Maybe Hades.

Hurray, I'd love to work with you!

See, I wonder if it would be "legal" for us to have our own Hades if there is a Hades hosting the Dark Room. Or maybe the Hades of the Dark Room could collaborate with us, unless it's too much trouble.

I can see Demeter and Dionysus both bearing a grudge against Zeus. After all, he is the one who decided to have the contest to PROVE who are the most popular gods, when clearly Dionysus and Demeter are the most important gods for a party!

GreenInkling
Crew

Salty Sweetheart

Slytherin Lord
Crew

Desirable Guildsman

14,825 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:47 pm
The applications for the available host positions were supposed to reopen on the 23rd (3 days ago) but aren't open yet.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:38 pm
Sheriff Dustin
The applications for the available host positions were supposed to reopen on the 23rd (3 days ago) but aren't open yet.

No matter. You can help me plan and brainstorm, regardless. c:

GreenInkling
Crew

Salty Sweetheart

Slytherin Lord
Crew

Desirable Guildsman

14,825 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:22 pm
Do you want a more organized place for planning this room by any chance? I have a few ideas, I prefer planning a room in a more organized fashion. Up to you though.

Kind of like what envy did, place the planning in a small guild, that will allow people to post but also keep it organized.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:02 pm
Sheriff Dustin
Do you want a more organized place for planning this room by any chance? I have a few ideas, I prefer planning a room in a more organized fashion. Up to you though.

Kind of like what envy did, place the planning in a small guild, that will allow people to post but also keep it organized.

Sure, that'd be fine. My only caveats are 1) I'm afraid we won't have enough volunteer involvement to even make a guild necessary and 2) I don't have the funds for a guild right now. :c How much do they cost again?

Before we set up a guild, let's try and attract some volunteers. I can advertise in my other guilds, though people tend to hesitate in taking on more tasks, so if we can think of an attractive way to present it, that would help majorly. I'm a member of the Classical Mythology Guild, so we might have some potential there.

Another way might be to set up a popular give-away thread. Which involves more gold. xp I could do a little setup with free art. People love that. I'd have to get everything sorted out on my end, though, because my scanner is bi-polar and my internet is unreliable.

Also, I won't have much time until mid-March. I'm getting married on February 27th, and then the honeymoon. So a month and a half is all plans, plans, plans, and then relax, relax, relax. ^^;

GreenInkling
Crew

Salty Sweetheart

Slytherin Lord
Crew

Desirable Guildsman

14,825 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:47 pm
GreenInkling
Sheriff Dustin

Sure, that'd be fine. My only caveats are 1) I'm afraid we won't have enough volunteer involvement to even make a guild necessary and 2) I don't have the funds for a guild right now. :c How much do they cost again?

Before we set up a guild, let's try and attract some volunteers. I can advertise in my other guilds, though people tend to hesitate in taking on more tasks, so if we can think of an attractive way to present it, that would help majorly. I'm a member of the Classical Mythology Guild, so we might have some potential there.

Another way might be to set up a popular give-away thread. Which involves more gold. xp I could do a little setup with free art. People love that. I'd have to get everything sorted out on my end, though, because my scanner is bi-polar and my internet is unreliable.

Also, I won't have much time until mid-March. I'm getting married on February 27th, and then the honeymoon. So a month and a half is all plans, plans, plans, and then relax, relax, relax. ^^;

I have many guilds we can use (between me and 2 mule accounts i own over 35 guilds)

Also I can keep up the place while you are gone either in a thread or guild.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:11 pm
Sheriff Dustin
GreenInkling
Sheriff Dustin

I have many guilds we can use (between me and 2 mule accounts i own over 35 guilds)

Also I can keep up the place while you are gone either in a thread or guild.

In that case, absolutely go for it! I'm going to go advertise in some of my guilds.

GreenInkling
Crew

Salty Sweetheart

GreenInkling
Crew

Salty Sweetheart

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:23 pm
I'm going to brainstorm a giveaway thread so that we can start to advertise for our room and hopefully gain some volunteers. Funding, too! In which forum should it go?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:46 pm
Quest/Charity sub-forum is where give-aways are supposed to be going to, but make it a charity and ask for donations that will help fund for the celebration room in the 8th annual ball.  

Slytherin Lord
Crew

Desirable Guildsman

14,825 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250

GreenInkling
Crew

Salty Sweetheart

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:54 pm
Sheriff Dustin
Quest/Charity sub-forum is where give-aways are supposed to be going to, but make it a charity and ask for donations that will help fund for the celebration room in the 8th annual ball.

Thanks. I think I'll set up a mule to keep the funds. c:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:28 pm
I will set-up a guild and invite you.  

Slytherin Lord
Crew

Desirable Guildsman

14,825 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250

GreenInkling
Crew

Salty Sweetheart

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 5:18 pm
Cool. :3

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:41 am
Applications open today in the room host thread, so I will apply for this room.  

Slytherin Lord
Crew

Desirable Guildsman

14,825 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250

GreenInkling
Crew

Salty Sweetheart

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:26 pm
Sheriff Dustin
Applications open today in the room host thread, so I will apply for this room.

Cool. I really hope you get it, Dustin! (I can think of no reason why you won't!)

Room Planning

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff