Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Co-Incidence Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

AniMajor

8,000 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:20 pm
Byaggha
AniMajor
Not a recent one, but still kinda amusing anyway.

One time, at a convention, I cemented a girl's belief in God, just by being in the right place at the right time, and being nice. She said she prayed to Jesus for a miracle, and I came.
I had a similar thing years ago.

A guy at a new age shop was convinced I was his guardian angel simply because I showed up to a talk he was giving and smiled serenely from the back row. He was a sweet man, so I never really fought with him over it aside from joking objections. He called me from California two weeks after we had met, blessed me over the phone for being in his life and hung up to go give a talk, or so he'd said. I found out the next time I went into the shop I was the last person he talked to - he'd succumbed to a tumor gone bad during his Cali trip, but he'd apparently wanted to hear me one last time.

That's really sad, but also kinda sweet.

One time, my dad said he met this guy in a bar in Germany (he was stationed there at the time), and this guy had just broken up with his girlfriend and was really upset and pissed about it. So my dad told him what he really should do is go sign up for the German navy and see the world and realize that this girl was not the end of the world. My dad didn't think anything of it until a year later, when the guy approached him in the bar and told him that joining the navy was the best decision he'd ever made, and he was so much better off and making more money then he ever would've before.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:33 am
I really like stories like that. They prove the kind of impact a single meeting can have on someone, and keep me focused not to make that meeting a bad one, but rather a good. 3nodding  

Cranium Squirrel

Friendly Trickster

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas